Hi TamaTalk! 💗

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atompalace

Reaction score
Please call me Atom! (she/her) ⚜️ I’m a long time Tama fan and small time collector having owned them since the start of the Connexion era. Tamagotchi is one of my main interests alongside Pokémon and Tokyo Mew Mew :angry:

My specific Tama of interest is Arukotchi - I always really wanted one as a kid browsing old geocities sites for fun (Tamasquare!), and she finally came home a year ago after I got lucky on eBay! 💞 Currently running her and trying to a) get all the proposal images and b) analyse encounter patterns and item effects in relation to stats so I can write up a comprehensive guide (in brief, seems like gotchi boy encounters are luck based more than reliant on stats…! But I have the stat boost data for items which is nice!) She’s my favourite because she’s low maintenance to run, counts my steps, and Arukotchi is super cute 💗

Most of my collection is Connexion models from childhood, but recently I got back in to collecting and have a couple of anniversary editions, an Angelgotchi I still need to run, and the pink Eevee tamagotchi which doubles as part of my Sylveon collection happy2🎀 Arukotchi was my grail, but one day I’d like to have a v4.5 as I never had one, and my dream shell is the Royal Roses famitama, Princess Tamago is my fave 🥺 Currently considering nabbing a TamaSmart since I don’t own any colour tamas (though I can’t read Japanese so further research required lol)

I have a keitai and an entama on the way, so I’m interested to run them and compare with the v3 and v4. One day I’d love to see the keitai mobile games, entama site and TamaTown sites somehow revived - would it even be possible? I hope so, I’d love to try the Japan exclusives and revisit TamaTown!!! Tamagotchi has such a fascinating community based digital archival history!

Thank you for having me and for reading this far! :chohimetchi:💓✨

Welcome :) I've heard the TamaSma is easy to operate despite a lack of JP knowledge, but I can't say firsthand.

https://www.tamatalk.com/threads/ta...ve-lots-of-photos-manual-translations.199920/
This topic has manual translations so you can get an idea of what it's like and how much Japanese you need to know. My guess is once you've learned where a few of the buttons are you would have no problem. I understand Japanese personally so it's hard to gauge, but other people are saying it's nice.

For other color Tamas, I have the Tamagotchi Pix and Pix Party and they are very fun :D They're also probably the most affordable right now :p

Thank you very much for both the welcome and the Smart guide link! It’ll prove very helpful :lol: (because I actually ended up ordering a Smart shortly after I joined TamaTalk!!!)
I‘ve heard much the same; apparently the only thing really behind the language barrier is the occasional dialogue/quiz, but should be fine. Must be handy to have the comprehension all the same!

Pix Party is really catching my eye at the moment, but I’m not sure it’s available where I am yet. I’ll wait patiently (for now 👀)

My Smart came in! I'll be comparing it with the Pix in my two Logs so feel free to check those out to see how they stack up :D First impressions of the Smart? I like the Pix better :p But I like the Smart. We'll see how it continues to go :)

These are my 2 cuties I'm running at the moment I'm just waiting for my smart to arrive :) really enjoying the pix and party

They’re super cute! 💞 I particularly love your pink Pix’s room theme, it’s so dreamy!

My Smart came in! I'll be comparing it with the Pix in my two Logs so feel free to check those out to see how they stack up :D First impressions of the Smart? I like the Pix better :p But I like the Smart. We'll see how it continues to go :)

Ooh, I’ll have to have a look! Maybe the Smart will grow on you! I love how we’re all getting Smarts, I wish we could connect them!!!

Hello Atom, welcome to TamaTalk. Can you share a pic of your vPets?

Thank you very much! I don’t have a group collection photo but here are some pics of the ones mentioned;

My Arukotch, the crown jewel of my collection and my speciality :angry: I’m planning to write a comprehensive guide sometime.
324EBA9D-82DC-46E4-A73E-A4136B8F606D.jpeg

My Tama Mail from yesterday! Keitai/Entama and Smart arrived on the same day (which is quite funny given that I ordered the former two locally a day or two before I ordered the Smart from Japan :ichigotchi: was almost hoping the Smart would arrive first so I could make fun of the situation lol)
0FE61746-2E29-46C9-BD26-1826AFFE8B83.jpeg

I’m running the Keitai first 🍀 then the Entama, then the Smart. This is Aiko from when she just hatched! I’m really enjoying the experience so far! She’s a Hitodetchi at the moment :hitodetchi:
E981C8A0-9682-4890-B187-ABF5C46943ED.jpeg

Thanks, Atom. Cool pets congrats! Won't you run them at the same time?😁
Thank you very much!!! I would, but I’m hoping to drag out the new play time over my holiday :ichigotchi: Also gives me the opportunity to get used to them as these models are new to me.

That said, I’m going to overlap them. I decided to run one of my V2s shortly beforehand so with the Keitai (and Arukotch) I have three going, then I will start the Entama once Aiko on the Keitai reaches adulthood. She’s a happy Ringotchi at the moment!

I love the look of the rainbow Smart too! I’m looking forward to your Arukotch guide.
I’ll try and post photos! And thank you - mostly just some fine details I picked up that can build upon what’s out there now!

Hi welcome to tamatalk new users I'm the gotchi no-- uhh buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzView attachment 8373
Hello! (Judging by your posts it seems your username doesn’t reflect your Tama knowledge, but you’ll be able to change it after a month as far as I know :hitodetchi:)

Latest posts

Back