How do I fix the sound on my old Tamagotchi with soldering?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikmintaro

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
So I mentioned this in another topic, but I found my oldest Tamagotchi in my house (With Mimitchi, and the plant thing, I think it's P2 or whatever people call it.) the sound isn't working on it, and I don't think the sound was working the last time I played with it over a decade ago either so I checked through the topics and found somebody with the same problem the replies basically said, and I'm paraphrasing here.

"Open it up and see if one of the wires is unattached, then use a soldering iron to stick it back in place."

So I opened mine up, and indeed one of the wires is unattached to the bottom half of the Tamagotchi, when I closed it back up the sound started working again, so I guess it went into the right place, but I want to make sure I put it back into the right place so this doesn't happen again.

So anyways I want to know before trying it, is there a certain place to solder the wire to? I don't want to ruin my Tamagotchi forever, so does anybody have any experience with this? thanks a lot for any help!

I'm not sure it'll help but.. My v1 had no sound too, the wires were not attached anymore.

What I did was to strip the end of the wires, and with some adhesive I stick them back to the place they were supposed to be. I put as much adhesive as i could and it worked just fine ^^

(sorry for crappy english)

I'm not sure it'll help but.. My v1 had no sound too, the wires were not attached anymore.

What I did was to strip the end of the wires, and with some adhesive I stick them back to the place they were supposed to be. I put as much adhesive as i could and it worked just fine ^^

(sorry for crappy english)
Yeah thanks I was thinking about doing that too with tape or glue since

it seems like the wire just needs to be touching that disk thing, and I

don't want to damage it.

If you cant sodder it try using a really little dot of hot glue but be really careful that the wire is in contact with the tamagotchi before adding the glue. the glue holds good and works for a long time if you do it properly

Do you think that taping it would work? I have a hot glue gun, but I'm worried about putting scalding hot stuff on the speaker disk (whatever it is the wires are connected to the makes the sound.)

Do you think that taping it would work? I have a hot glue gun, but I'm worried about putting scalding hot stuff on the speaker disk (whatever it is the wires are connected to the makes the sound.)
The tape idea wouldn't hold for long :(

I dont think it should be a problem! Just dont put to much a thin layer will do. So after you hold the wire down, put a SMALL DOT on it. If you want you could sspread it around a little so it should fir back together nicer Be very very careful. Wait until it drys to anything. If it doesnt work properly you can always pull the hot glue off.

I do think sodering will be your best bet though. and nothign should hurt the sound disk. All it is, is a small magnet with wire coil wrapped around it. Thats all speakers are.

There should be raised bumps from where it was connect/sodered to before it fell out. That should be fine but i suggest testing it before you soder it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back