How to get Ginjirotchi on the P1 re-release

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaBE

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to raise a Ginjirotchi on my P1 re-release and have so far failed each time. I always seem to get either Mametchi or Maskutchi. Does anyone have any tips? I've tried to follow the guides for the original P1 that you can find online but it obviously didn't work. Last time I tried, I even had the Happy & Hungry meters down to 0 hearts for one time & gave Tamatchi a snack. It still evolved into Mametchi given that I fully disciplined it.

And how does the Discipline meter work in the re-releases? They now call for Discipline more often than 4 times. So in order to get Ginjirotchi, do I still need to keep the Discipline meter at 75% even if that means that I have to ignore at least two other calls?

Thanks for your help. I am running out of ideas 🙃

When you let the meters empty, did you intentionally make a care mistake by ignoring when it beeped for you?

(Mad respect on the multiple Mametchis, though!)

Oh good point! I actually thought that the fact of letting the meters run empty and it beeping made for a care mistake, not ignoring the beep. So I filled the meter up again while the beep sign was still on. That could be a hint!

Ok guys, I keep trying and trying and I just don’t manage to get that little fella 😔 It always turns out as either Mametchi or Maskutchi… I even noted down each time how much I have disciplined Marutchi and Tamatchi and no variation did the trick… I think controlling the discipline is the hardest part cause there’s more than the 4 calls the original 90s releases had.

So… did anyone ever manage to get Ginjirotchi on the new releases?? What is your secret? 😅

I happen to be investigating the growth patterns of the re-releases right now, and I coincidentally got a Ginjirotchi on my first try.

I cared for my P1 and my P2 differently:
On my P1 I let Tamatchi get to 100% discipline, but missed 1 call for discipline on purpose. They became Ginjirotchi.
On my P2 I got Tongaritchi to 75% discipline and then made them sleep for the rest of the stage, so I missed no calls for discipline. They became Mimitchi.

This tells me the amount of discipline calls you miss is more important than the percentage. Try taking perfect care of them, but miss exactly 1 call for discipline.

Thanks @SA311
That's great to know. How did you fill the Discipline levels at child stage (Marutchi)? Did you answer all the discipline calls?

Last time I tried, I missed out on one discipline call of Marutchi, but answered all of the Tamatchi ones and I still got a Mametchi.

On the re-releases, do care misses reset at each stage or are they cumulative? That might explain where the discipline call miss needs to be timed.

Got another pair of adults and the care misses seem not to be cumulative. I got a Mimitchi, who got 2 care misses and a discipline miss as a toddler and a single care miss as a teen. If they were cumulative I should have gotten a Kusatchi from that discipline miss and total of 3 care misses.

So for Ginjirotchi, either give the toddler some discipline misses so they start the teen stage with no discipline and then avoid missing any discipline calls during the teen stage, or no discipline misses during the toddler stage and exactly 1 discipline miss during the teen stage.

Omg you did it!!!
What worked this time around?
It was the 2nd option @SA311 described: no discipline misses during the toddler stage and exactly 1 discipline miss during the teen stage.
It worked perfectly and I figured it was the easier of the 2 options. :) But I am still surprised that the differences between the 3 characters are really tiny ones.

To add to this, recently someone made this PDF.
It's based on the Tamagotchi LIFE app, but what it says matches exactly my findings with the re-releases. It confirms the method for Ginjirotchi specifically, but the methods for each character are a bit more complex than I initially thought.

It's based on the Tamagotchi LIFE app, but what it says matches exactly my findings with the re-releases. It confirms the method for Ginjirotchi specifically, but the methods for each character are a bit more complex than I initially thought.
Wow, this is super interesting.
I am a bit lost with the mathematical factor calculations and I have no idea what RAND, timer illness (scale factor) and timer illness (div factor) means, but the growth chart is extremely interesting.

Grats on getting Ginjirotchi, he's so hard to get on the rerelease. I think getting Mametchi is easier XD I remember I thought I was doing perfectly for getting him (even keeping at the 75% discipline) and then he evolved to Maskutchi :( On my birthday too!

Grats on getting Ginjirotchi, he's so hard to get on the rerelease. I think getting Mametchi is easier XD I remember I thought I was doing perfectly for getting him (even keeping at the 75% discipline) and then he evolved to Maskutchi :( On my birthday too!
I advice you to closely follow the steps described above by SA311. It worked for me. Keeping the discipline meter at a visible 75% does not work on the re-relesases cause it beeps more than 4 times for discipline (contrary to the original 90's versions). This is why you got Maskutchi cause keeping it at 75% means more than one discipline miss on the new re-releases. Hope that helps :)

Kind of a late reply, but one thing doesn’t add up in this otherwise informative PDF you linked.

Why does it say discipline mistakes for Bill is =0, when I have always been under the impression that in order to attain Bill you must not discipline your Tama at all, and get Maskutchi with little to no care mistakes?

I have never gotten Bill before, but plan to in the future and this is in direct contrast to what I have read elsewhere. Could you confirm for me which is required for Bill?

EDIT:

I did a bit of research, and it seems I was only partially correct. To get Bill, I would have to raise a Maskutchi without disciplining it at all in its previous forms, but would still need to fill the discipline meter after it becomes Maskutchi before it will turn into Bill.

Glad I saw this, or I would have been all messed up when I decide to try for him lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back