How to hack an archived website (and how I hacked everything girl.com)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Moderator Edit: This is a guide to viewing archived web-pages.  TamaTalk would not approve or display topics that refer to illegal activity as per the site rules. 

Hello Everyone.

This will take a while, but today I am going to be teaching you how to hack an archived/old/previously deleted website, and how I hacked everythinggirl.com 

(Note: This trick may only work on certain devices, and will only work on Computers. Try and find a device that is compatible with Google and Adobe Flash Player to hack Gaming websites and to have the best results.)

1. I started by finding the original website address for pixelchix.com. Since the site is completely inactive, I had to use everythinggirl.com. It is also shut down but easier to access as the creators did not completely erase the whole file/platform. Copy the URL address and save it.

2. Open up https://www.wayback.com/ and put in your address. Make sure you have saved it and paste it into the search bar.

3. If there are results, click on the one that is most relevant to your topic. Since your topic is dead, the screen should have an error message.

4. Click on the 3 dots at the top right hand of your screen. Scroll down until you find the Tab “Activity”.

5. Edit the website URL at the top to the date that it was deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Topic moved to '(Non)TamaTalk: Seriously (Non)TamaTalk'*

This isn't hacking; Hacking generally involves programming, and the term is also used to refer to certain types of criminal activity involving bypassing security-measures - saying that you hacked a website is not the best idea. ;)

That said, you've written a nice guide to viewing archived web-pages! :D

Here's another thing that you can do. I'll use TamaTown as an example, here;

https://web.archive.org/web/*/tamatown.com/*

Visit this URL, and you can see the various files that were archived from the site, such as Flash content. This will work for the Pixel Chix site, too - just change the URL that's between "/*/" and "/*".

Yeah that's not hacking, and barely any new knowledge ether. 

I find archive has so many x’s on images of old sites :(  I can’t see anything 

If you find that interesting, try right click > Inspect. If you then select the "Network" tab and refresh the page you can use the "media," "png/jpg/bmp," "mp3," etc. links to download content from all over the internet.

You can often find "removed" content (that wasn't really removed but just had the display removed) or hidden content. It's often useful on websites with a lot of broken links. It's all available in your browser anyway - you just don't normally see it.

Before you get your hopes up, YouTube uses a different type of video format, so you can't use this trick to download YouTube videos.

This isn't hacking; Hacking generally involves programming, and the term is also used to refer to certain types of criminal activity involving bypassing security-measures - saying that you hacked a website is not the best idea. ;)

That said, you've written a nice guide to viewing archived web-pages! :D

Here's another thing that you can do. I'll use TamaTown as an example, here;

https://web.archive.org/web/*/tamatown.com/*

Visit this URL, and you can see the various files that were archived from the site, such as Flash content. This will work for the Pixel Chix site, too - just change the URL that's between "/*/" and "/*".
While most would think "hacking" is illegal and is usually involved with criminals, the truth is a bit different and what you're thinking of is "cracking".

Hacker vs Cracker:
Simply put, a hacker identifies and fixes security exploits and loopholes. They could be hired by a company to find issues with their security.

A cracker exploits systems for malicious purposes. 

Quick reference:
https://www.educba.com/hackers-vs-crackers/

While most would think "hacking" is illegal and is usually involved with criminals, the truth is a bit different and what you're thinking of is "cracking".

Hacker vs Cracker:
Simply put, a hacker identifies and fixes security exploits and loopholes. They could be hired by a company to find issues with their security.

A cracker exploits systems for malicious purposes. 

Quick reference:
https://www.educba.com/hackers-vs-crackers/
Yes, that is quite right, and I'm actually aware of that. However, sometimes, it's best not to get into semantics to get the point across when someone who I presume from other posts to be of the younger set is going around proclaiming that they've been "hacking websites" - in that case, it's best to just use the more widespread definition even if it's less accurate, because it is more readily understood by the vast majority of people. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back