How To Save Up?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvitchi

Reaction score
So I'm very young, (not old enough to get a job) and I wanted to know if anyone out there has any tips or tricks for saving up to buy a tamagotchi? I really want a V4, because most of my childhood memories of tamagotchi were on Tamatown, because I have two Music Stars. But when I finally remembered about the site several years later, I was devastated that it had been shut down only months ago. I was so sad, and I was desperate to find any way to get it back, but I couldn't.

But earlier this week, I was searching up Tamatown again, just to see if they had finally brought it back up, as I usually do every once in a while, and this time I see this link, where in all caps, it says; HOW TO GET TAMATOWN BACK (V4 ONLY). And that's how I first found out about TamaTalk. It was a forum posted on here saying that this archive website had finally gotten Tamatown back, but only for the V4. Now, I had visited this archive website before, but at that time all that they had archived was pictures of the town. So when I heard that they had finallY managed to archive the whole website, I'm freaking out like "OMG I NEED A V4 RIGHT NOW".

I couldn't find any decently priced for how much I have in my savings at the moment, so I was wondering if any of you have any cheap ones that you might want to sell, or if you have any tips for saving up to buy a tamagotchi. The last tamagotchi I bought was my IDL for $50, and that was pretty rough on my part. Plus its the Japanese version, so I cant even read what the characters say to my tamagotchi. :(

IF ANYONE HAS ANY TIPS OR TRICKS ON HOW TO SAVE UP MONEY TO BUY A TAMAGOTCHI, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS TOPIC. THANK YOU.

Even if you're too young to get a job, you can still do odd jobs for people to make some money :) Could you offer to mow neighbours' lawns, wash their cars, rake leaves in the fall, or shovel their driveways in the wintertime? If you're at least 12 years old and are up for handling the responsibility, baby-sitting is also a great option. I grew up in a very small town, and when I was younger I would make a bit of pocket money helping neighbours with farm chores! My best friend delivered newspapers/flyers to peoples' houses all through middle school. If you ask around, you'll find that people always need help with something!

Don't forget to look closer to home, too! Do your parents give you an allowance? If they don't, maybe you could convince them by giving them extra help with housework and such. Even if your parents won't give you a weekly/monthly allowance or something, they may be willing to give you a bit of money for helping them out with a big job.

Of course, willpower plays a HUGE part in it. I'm really awful for spending money on small things like coffee, hair accessories, sweets....but when I'm saving up for something bigger, I make sure not to waste my money on little things. It can be difficult, but the only way to save money is to...well...not spend it XD I find it always helps to keep up-to-date lists of how much money I have in savings, how much I am making, and how much I'm spending. That way, I know what I need to avoid spending money on or exactly how much money I need to make in order to afford a big purchase.

Good luck saving up for your Tamagotchi! :D The work and patience required will be worth it.

Even if you're too young to get a job, you can still do odd jobs for people to make some money :) Could you offer to mow neighbours' lawns, wash their cars, rake leaves in the fall, or shovel their driveways in the wintertime? If you're at least 12 years old and are up for handling the responsibility, baby-sitting is also a great option. I grew up in a very small town, and when I was younger I would make a bit of pocket money helping neighbours with farm chores! My best friend delivered newspapers/flyers to peoples' houses all through middle school. If you ask around, you'll find that people always need help with something!

Don't forget to look closer to home, too! Do your parents give you an allowance? If they don't, maybe you could convince them by giving them extra help with housework and such. Even if your parents won't give you a weekly/monthly allowance or something, they may be willing to give you a bit of money for helping them out with a big job.

Of course, willpower plays a HUGE part in it. I'm really awful for spending money on small things like coffee, hair accessories, sweets....but when I'm saving up for something bigger, I make sure not to waste my money on little things. It can be difficult, but the only way to save money is to...well...not spend it XD I find it always helps to keep up-to-date lists of how much money I have in savings, how much I am making, and how much I'm spending. That way, I know what I need to avoid spending money on or exactly how much money I need to make in order to afford a big purchase.

Good luck saving up for your Tamagotchi! :D The work and patience required will be worth it.
Thank you so much! I will definitely ask my parents if I can start doing some odd jobs. Thanks for the tips, hopefully with these I'll be able to get a tamagotchi soon!

Some ways that I tried to make money for myself when I was younger was by holding onto my gift cards that I got as presents and then asking my parents if they would give me money in exchange for ones that they could use too (like ones for Target). If your school isn't strict about outside food you could also try buying gum/candy bars and selling them to friends for slightly inflated prices (like $2.50 for a $1 pack of gum). Also if there's a lot of change laying around your home take it to a machine to get it converted to $$ (like a CoinStar or to the bank). I'm not sure if these suggestions will work for you, but hopefully one of them will!

Some ways that I tried to make money for myself when I was younger was by holding onto my gift cards that I got as presents and then asking my parents if they would give me money in exchange for ones that they could use too (like ones for Target). If your school isn't strict about outside food you could also try buying gum/candy bars and selling them to friends for slightly inflated prices (like $2.50 for a $1 pack of gum). Also if there's a lot of change laying around your home take it to a machine to get it converted to $$ (like a CoinStar or to the bank). I'm not sure if these suggestions will work for you, but hopefully one of them will!
Thanks a lot!! :D I'll definitely do the trading in gift cards for cash thing, I never really thought about that. And as for school, last time my friends and I tried to sell stuff at school, our teacher yelled at us and said it was against the rules... :rolleyes: These tips help, so thanks for your input!! ^_^ ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back