I’M SO EXCITED!! 😆

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but maybe the longer wait time means an even better quality Tama!
I really don't want to be a downer here, but please don't get your hopes up about this - there have been multiple highly-priced colour Tamagotchi releases that were full of bugs and other issues.

I am excited about the Tamagotchi Uni! I admit I wasn’t thrilled at first and still have some mixed feelings. Nonetheless, I am now leaning much more toward a positive perspective rather than a negative one.

At first, the Uni didn’t impress me. I appreciated that it connects to wi-fi, but wasn’t thrilled about having a built-in battery I can’t change at any point. I can deal with it for wi-if accessibility, though. I also didn’t like that it comes in a watch format, a concern that seeing the cute tama lanyards they’re offering quickly alleviated.

The design itself is sleek yet cute. I love how it combines the art style of the Pix with the features of the Smart and then some. I can only handle running my Pix Party for now, but I might get an Uni in the future.

There are some things I still dislike about the Uni though. I’ve been told it’ll be running on chips that are akin to the Smart Cards used by the Tamagotchi Smart. I don’t like how each card is only compatible for 3 devices, then it stops being usable. I also heard you can’t individually select and store the items from a card on your device like you can with the Pix devices. Compared to the Pix devices, the Uni’s approach feels a bit encumbering to me.

Then again, having a communal tama space to access online sounds like major fun!

Regardless of my mixed opinions, I very much look forward to seeing everyone’s pictures of the Uni and reading their experiences with their devices. 💯💖

*Edited for grammar!

I am pretty sure you can connect with others via the Tamaverse on the Tamagotchi Uni. I know the Uni is bringing back tama marriage, which requires connecting with other tamas, so I’m thinking you can play with others. Toy World Magazine describes the Tamaverse as “the metaverse of the Tamagotchi world.” I’ve included a screenshot of the Uni’s list of features that are cited in this article about the Tamagotchi Uni. I’ve also linked the article so you can check it out for yourself. 😇

Attachments

• 1686063613776.png
    1686063613776.png
    352.4 KB · Views: 0
Already preordered both colors cuz I genuinely like them!
The Uni seems like it'll be fun, I hope the tamaverse is as much as they seem to be claiming it is.
Looks like the tamas get here July, and the lanyards in august, and from what I've seen in the discord, September for the additional bands! No interest in the bands myself but they do come with an item code so. :p

Attachments

• IMG_2695.png
    IMG_2695.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 0
Already preordered both colors cuz I genuinely like them!
The Uni seems like it'll be fun, I hope the tamaverse is as much as they seem to be claiming it is.
Looks like the tamas get here July, and the lanyards in august, and from what I've seen in the discord, September for the additional bands! No interest in the bands myself but they do come with an item code so. :p
Amazon US link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVT6TJ8Y with release date updated to July 15, 2023.

Latest posts

Back