I know what the name "tamagotchi" came from!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupchi411

Reaction score
a few days ago I went to a sushi place and on the menu there was some kind of sushi called tamago! ^_^

Nope, lol.

Tamago means egg. Chi is cute, loveable, friend etc...

A person named Aki maita was looking for the perfect device people would like to carry around, and look after, adn there the first VPet was born. They called it Tamagotchi, because it hatched from an egg, looked like an egg, and was meant to be cute and loveable. :(

*giggles* Tamagotchi doesn't mean sushi! LOL!

Tamago means egg and Chi means cute, lovable and well....you get the point.

I bet you got confused ad excited that you found out what it means, but it doesn't mean that. You can find places on the internet theat can tell you the real meaning :(

Farewell, TGD

This is from https://www.wikipedia.com :

Name Origin/Pronunciation

The name combines the Japanese word for egg ("tamago") and the syllable "chi" which denotes affection, so it could be taken to mean "loveable egg". It is also a pun on both "wotchi" (????; borrowed from English "watch", as in the time piece) and "tomodachi" (Japanese for friend). Also, because "tamago" is Japanese for egg, and "tomodachi" is Japanese for friend, Tamagotchi could be taken to mean "egg-friend."

In Japanese and most other languages it is pronounced with a long "o" sound — ta-ma-goh-chee — although in the United States it is typically pronounced with a short "o" sound – "ta-ma-gah-chee". In Japan, the final "i" is usually elided, thus becoming Tamagotch. This is a common occurrence in the Japanese language.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from https://www.wikipedia.com :
Name Origin/Pronunciation

The name combines the Japanese word for egg ("tamago") and the syllable "chi" which denotes affection, so it could be taken to mean "loveable egg". It is also a pun on both "wotchi" (????; borrowed from English "watch", as in the time piece) and "tomodachi" (Japanese for friend). Also, because "tamago" is Japanese for egg, and "tomodachi" is Japanese for friend, Tamagotchi could be taken to mean "egg-friend."

In Japanese and most other languages it is pronounced with a long "o" sound — ta-ma-goh-chee — although in the United States it is typically pronounced with a short "o" sound – "ta-ma-gah-chee". In Japan, the final "i" is usually elided, thus becoming Tamagotch. This is a common occurrence in the Japanese language.
oh, then the sushi was prouply some kind of fish egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back