Identification Help Needed!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yam

Reaction score
hello all! first-time tamagotchi owner here.

i recently got a secondhand m!x and i’m on my 2nd gen now but it’s been a real struggle because of the lack of comprehensive guides online. i am able to understand a little bit of japanese but sometimes the dialogue goes by so fast i can’t catch anything.

right now i’m trying to figure out what version of the m!x my console is. the exterior is is a darkish beige and the decal around the screen is purple with pastel coloured balls. i know it is not any special edition (20th anniversary, melody, spacey, sanrio, etc), so does it mean it is the original? the seller is uncontactable so i can’t ask her for information anymore. i would really appreciate any help! thank you!

8B0F9F4C-BC42-4B1B-883D-513F7F6F0A4B.jpeg

Hey! Welcome to the forums, always lovely to see a new face around here :D

Second-hand Japanese colour models (From the +Color all the way to the current model, Meets) are infamous for their outer shell discoloration. Yours was seemingly left out in the sun for eons - I've never seen such a yellowed m!x! Not an insult - it actually suits the faceplate decal quite a bit!

Speaking of the faceplate, it makes it very easy to identify your model even with the discolored shell - You do indeed have a Melody ver. m!x! The m!x was first released as either a Melody or Spacey version, with different characters and locations to be unlocked, alongside other goodies (I've got the pink Spacey model myself!).

A photo of your Melody version, for reference:

Mix_Melody_Purple.jpg

As shown, your shell was originally a light lavender shade. You can see the m!x's releases on tamashell.com, which I've linked here - it also catalogs designs and models of almost every Tamagotchi in existence, which hopefully might help you out if you want to pick up more tamas for your little 'gotchi to connect with! :D

In terms of comprehensive guides for the m!x in general, I've always used Fuzzy N Chic's m!x webpage as a reference - which, alongside having translation guides and character charts, also links to a helpful fan-translated English instruction manual!

This got a little long, sorry about that! Again, hope this helps you out. The m!x is a super fun version to play around with, and honestly a great version to pick up whether you're vaguely interested or a longtime fan.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Welcome to the forums, always lovely to see a new face around here :D

Second-hand Japanese colour models (From the +Color all the way to the current model, Meets) are infamous for their outer shell discoloration. Yours was seemingly left out in the sun for eons - I've never seen such a yellowed m!x! Not an insult - it actually suits the faceplate decal quite a bit!

Speaking of the faceplate, it makes it very easy to identify your model even with the discolored shell - You do indeed have a Melody ver. m!x! The m!x was first released as either a Melody or Spacey version, with different characters and locations to be unlocked, alongside other goodies (I've got the pink Spacey model myself!).

A photo of your Melody version, for reference:

Mix_Melody_Purple.jpg

As shown, your shell was originally a light lavender shade. You can see the m!x's releases on tamashell.com, which I've linked here - it also catalogs designs and models of almost every Tamagotchi in existence, which hopefully might help you out if you want to pick up more tamas for your little 'gotchi to connect with! :D

In terms of comprehensive guides for the m!x in general, I've always used Fuzzy N Chic's m!x webpage as a reference - which, alongside having translation guides and character charts, also links to a helpful fan-translated English instruction manual!

This got a little long, sorry about that! Again, hope this helps you out. The m!x is a super fun version to play around with, and honestly a great version to pick up whether you're vaguely interested or a longtime fan.  :)
omg thank you so much!! you’ve been a really great help!!!!!

Latest posts

Back