I'm Getting a cell phone!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepinggirl

Reaction score
My birthday is in a few days and I am turning 11. My moms friend decided to give me and my sister her sons old cell phones. (For my birthday gift and my sister, I don't know) I am so exited! But the thing I want to know, lots of people say that things like, "Why does he/she need a cell phone when they are at school? can't they just go to the schhol's office and call who they need to call?" And people my age have them at school, but not a lot of kids. Maybe, 6 or 7. My phone will come with 25 dollars from Telus or Fido, I forget which. and I spend either 10 or 15 dollars on unlimited texting, and another 10 or 15 dollars on if anyone else I know have Telus or Fido, when I call them, it adds nothing to the airtime. So my qustion is, Am I too young to have a cell phone? If any of you have cell phones, how old were you when you got them?

I got my mom's old one when I was 11, too.

It really isn't as much of a matter of age as it is responsibility. I think that 11 is an okay age to get a phone. :]

I think it is fine to get a cell phone at 11. That's also when I go mine. xDD

I think I got my first phone around 11 or 12. I know I was in 6th grade anyway XD

The reason I got one was because my school wouldn't allow us to use the office/classroom phones to call home(for whatever reason). They required you to use the pay phones. I only really used it to call home when I was out. I didn't start texting until I was probably 14 or so. There was no need. None of my friends had phones, lol.

I think middle school and up is usually a good age. Anything below that just seems ridiculous to me. If a parent is letting their young kids leave for periods of time to where they need a cellphone, they need to re-evaluate their parenting skills.

So long as you're responsible with it and don't overuse minutes/texts I don't see a problem with a phone at your age.

As long you're responsable with it, you're not too young.

To make it less obvious, don't tell everyone about your new phone. Like., don't show it off or anything, cause that'll make you seem less mature and less deserving of a cell phone to other people.

I got a cell phone when I was 11, I lost it, and someone found it and made thousands of $$$ worth of calls. Take my advice, and just be responsible with it. It's not an accessory or anything, it's just an awesome little phone that you can use to call people more convienently. Have fun~ : D

I'm 12, and I got my phone in 6th. At this age, I think phones should be used for emergency calls and stuff, not texting people just for the fun of it. And if you lose your phone, you gotta cancel your sim, I think, or else people are gonna charge so much money on it xD So, no, I don't think youre too young, if youre responsible, that is.

I got my first cell at 8. I think it was waaaay too early, since I didn't really go out anywhere myself back then and the school has a phone which is free to use at the Front Office.

I recently got a new one. I was 11. So I think getting one at 11/almost 11 is perfectly fine. Maybe if you use it mainly for emergencies or just really important texts. Try not to waste your credit on pointlessness, haha. xD

Good luck and have fun with your new phoneee!

I got my first for my 10th birthday.

It's fine to get a cellphone at 11.

I know a few, up themself 9 year olds, who have phones and do their 2000 texts a month.

I got my first mobile phone when I was 9 and I used it for texting my friends and calling my parents to ask them to come and pick me up from whatever after-school activity I had that day. I don't think that 11 is too young to get a mobile as long as you are responsible with it and don't make prank calls or use up ridiculous amounts of credit. :)

I got a phone for my tenth birthday. For a month I hardly used it. Then, when my best friend got one for Christmas, I used up £20 credit in about two weeks! My mum complained that I used up credit ringing too often and not texting enough.

I got my cell phone when I was 9. It was my mom's old cell phone.

I always wanted one, then I got it. My parents wanted me to have it because if I get lost or something I could call from my phone. and to play games

If you take good care of your belongings, then it's fine to get a cell phone. If you tend to lose stuff easily, you aren't ready for a cell phone.

Hope I helped. <3 Have epic time with your cell phone.

[SIZE=9pt]I got mine when I was 11.[/SIZE]

I think it's different for us [i mean the age you get your phone], because nearly everyone had one when they were 9/10 and then everyone had one when they were 11.

I wouldn't take it to school until you've got used to the idea of having a phone. People nick them if you have them on display all the time and you wouldn't want that. :p

I get unlimited texts to anyone in the UK, and 350 minutes for £15 a month. It seems like a lot but, I don't live close to anyone from school or wherever, so I text. A lot. Texting is all I do. 8D

But I'm older then I was when I got my first phone.

Lol well have fun with it, and make sure you don't lose it.

I got my first one when I was 7. It would have been crap now, but then it was amazing. =]

I don't have a cell phone. O:

But know, you're not too young. Having a cellphone isn't about age, but responsibility.

Well, I've known of people who've had phones since they were 8. :p

Mind you, I just turned 16 and I don't have my own cell-phone yet, I use my mother's (however, I know my friends have bought me a cell-phone for my birthday, so I guess the fact I don't have my cell-phone will change soon. ;) )

I don't suppose you are too young for a phone, so long you don't spend all night texting people, and phone people all the time (that creates a big phone bill) - that is, only using the phone when you really need it. :huh:

In any case, enjoy it!

I got mine when I was 8.

It wasn't really a proper mobile phone though. Well it was,

just I never used it because who would I want to call when I

was 8? I only used it to play the game snake on it. I got my

proper one when I was 10. I didn't use it much at first, and then

I didn't really top it up. But by the time I was about 11 and a half and

I was in high school, it was so much easier because I always needed to

get intouch with my mum. If like I've got detention, forgot my p.e kit, not

feeling well, ask her to pick me up something from town. Now it's good to

like ask my friends if we want to meet up too. Tbh, now I'm 13, sounds weird

but I'd probably be lost without my mobile! :huh: