In which Tamas is language important for gameplay?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaperRabbit

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I know most tamas are image based when it comes to selecting what you want to do, like on the "mini", where the only parts you see words are on the Off/On selections for sound and lights. However I found the "Meets" very language involved, in which if you didn't know what the characters were saying, it was difficult to build relationships when looking for a partner for your Tama.

I got a Meets a few years ago, back before knowing language was important on it, and ended up giving it away since it got frustrating for me. It was in a language I could not understand, the characters were communicating between each other, and it felt that was really important in this Tama version to understand how their relationship was going.

Are there any other tamas where this would be an issue? I'm starting a small collection for myself, and I'd like to know which ones NEED to be in a language I understand to enjoy gameplay.

I'm guessing the Angelgotchis, for example, can be played without undertanding the language? Unlike a Meets :'D

TIA!! <3

I’m really surprised that you find the Meets complicated to understand! Not that I understand anything :biggrin: but it took me few days to understand the fundamentals like the menus and selections.

The chats between the characters are not really that important and they don’t affect the gameplay at least in the Meets. As long as you remember what each character favorite toy is that is basically all you need for the Meets/On.

Now the versions that require someone to understand Japanese would be the P’s and the Conan iD. Both of their gameplay rely on understanding some of the games/interactions to be able to unlock certain achievements. Luckily, for the P’s someone managed to patch it to English so it’s understandable. But the Conan iD remain in Japanese since it’s impossible to patch the iD version to English. However I think I’ve seen people making a translation regarding the important stuff so I think those who are struggling are fine. :smile2:

Last edited:
@iAM lol, the thing is I like knowing what they are saying, I could play the game, and go through the motions, I did get my Tama to be an adult. However I felt I was missing a big part of this one by not understanding what the characters were saying :') .

lol, the thing is I like knowing what they are saying, I could play the game, and go through the motions, I did get my Tama to be an adult. However I felt I was missing a big part of this one by not understanding what the characters were saying :') .
I’ve seen somewhere that these little interactions are a bit random and like I said earlier don’t affect the gameplay. But so many people actually care about them and I see why. happy2

Personally I am the type who likes to experience everything something has to offer, and would feel bad missing out on the little quotes, so I know how you feel :) Thankfully I understand Japanese XD But I tried playing some games in Korean (I only know a little bit of it) and it was too frustrating because I wanted to understand everything, even if I could get through the game just fine understanding the menus and stuff.

Personally I am the type who likes to experience everything something has to offer, and would feel bad missing out on the little quotes, so I know how you feel :) Thankfully I understand Japanese XD But I tried playing some games in Korean (I only know a little bit of it) and it was too frustrating because I wanted to understand everything, even if I could get through the game just fine understanding the menus and stuff.
Exactly my feels! I felt I was missing something by not understanding the characters' quotes :') . So I rather have Tamas that either don't have those, or are in a language I do understand (EN/SP). Which is why'd I'd like to know, which ones have the quotes, so I get them in a language I understand, and which ones don't :'D

Last edited:
The newest entry, the Smart, may have you experiencing FOMO as communication with your Tamagotchi is a big selling point. I mean, they don't have anything particularly noteworthy to talk about, but if you want to enjoy the toy beyond the basic functions it might not be the right choice.

Latest posts

Back