Is my Tamagotchi Music Star a fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently received a Tamagotchi Music Star with the Scarlet Melody shell (shown below).
scarlet_melody.jpg

Everything I've read online says that this was an American shell, and the UK got the pink version of it. But when I went to set the date, it was formatted as dd-mm instead of mm-dd. Does this mean my Tamagotchi is a fake? It seems completely legit otherwise, and everything seems fine, but it's a little bizarre to me that the date is formatted that way if it's supposed to be an American model. I have tried to search the internet for any answers, but I can't find any. Does anyone have this shell with a dd-mm date format? Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

I wouldn't think it is a fake just from the date format alone. I'd fire up my own Music Star to see what mine shows for the format but it is sadly far away at my parent's place in a storage container.
But if all the characters and features seem normal then I wouldn't worry too too much about it.

The first wave of all Tamagotchi Music Stars had the formatting for the date that way. It wasn't until the second wave in America that they fixed it to fit America's format we use for dates. I remember Bandai put out a statement saying "Tamagotchis were so excited to be music stars that they got their dates backwards." or something similar to that. My 4 first wave music stars have the date like yours, and my two second wave have the date formatted "mm-dd".
Moreover, the first waves in America have the European "Tamagotchi" only printed at the top, which I prefer. The second waves have the typical "Tamagotchi Connection" at the top. I'm guessing they were manufactured in Europe and shipped over here, as I remember, the Music Star was kinda rushed.

The first wave of all Tamagotchi Music Stars had the formatting for the date that way. It wasn't until the second wave in America that they fixed it to fit America's format we use for dates. I remember Bandai put out a statement saying "Tamagotchis were so excited to be music stars that they got their dates backwards." or something similar to that. My 4 first wave music stars have the date like yours, and my two second wave have the date formatted "mm-dd".
Moreover, the first waves in America have the European "Tamagotchi" only printed at the top, which I prefer. The second waves have the typical "Tamagotchi Connection" at the top. I'm guessing they were manufactured in Europe and shipped over here, as I remember, the Music Star was kinda rushed.

Thank you so much for the info! I’ve been worried I got a counterfeit this whole time.

Latest posts

Back