It’s been a while! (13 years?!)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*~mametchi2000~*~

Reaction score
Hello! :)  

I found this website again after talking with a friend about tamagotchis and how much they were involved in our childhood. I joined this forum way back in ‘07 when I was 10 or 11?! I’m now 24, and have a much bigger collection of Tamas than I did back then (and learned to type a little better too.. oh the cringe of checking my post history! :D )

I would love to reconnect with old friends if any of you recognise my username, and I hope you’re all staying safe and well in these unprecedented times. This has given me a chance to look back and reflect and I realise just how much of an impact TT had on me and my online experience growing up, so thank you for that - it’s nice to see the forum is still up and running and that tamagotchis are still loved in more recent times 💕

Welcome back to the forum!  :D  This time at home has also made me reflect on tamagotchis and TT and I'm so glad you feel the same! Thank goodness tamas are still a thing, am I right?
Thank you! :)  

same to you - are you still a collector?

its not as easy for me to acquire tamagotchis as it was when I was younger, and they’re a lot more expensive too! I’m happy with the ones I have and more importantly I have the light blue  v4.5 that I’ve always wanted! (With the yellow/pink mametchi/memetchi) 

I feel like the more recent ones are a tad too complicated for me to use, especially as I don’t speak Japanese, but theyre fun to mess around with anyways and it’s a nice change to have a more high-def colourised version! 

Thank you! :)  

same to you - are you still a collector?

its not as easy for me to acquire tamagotchis as it was when I was younger, and they’re a lot more expensive too! I’m happy with the ones I have and more importantly I have the light blue  v4.5 that I’ve always wanted! (With the yellow/pink mametchi/memetchi) 

I feel like the more recent ones are a tad too complicated for me to use, especially as I don’t speak Japanese, but theyre fun to mess around with anyways and it’s a nice change to have a more high-def colourised version! 
I am still a collector but haven't bought a tamagotchi in a while. I did recently get the digimon ver 20th from amazon since it was $17 and I'm so happy with that purchase!

And oh my goodness that is one of the prettiest v4.5 shells, congrats! I'm so jealous lol!

I agree, I will always be partial to connections but color screens are fun! I don't know if you've heard, but the first english color screen is out now, it's called the tamagotchi On! I was super excited when I found out about a month ago (it came out last summer). There's an interactive app that you can download as well. The On is pretty expensive though  :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still a collector but haven't bought a tamagotchi in a while. I did recently get the digimon ver 20th from amazon since it was $17 and I'm so happy with that purchase!

And oh my goodness that is one of the prettiest v4.5 shells, congrats! I'm so jealous lol!

I agree, I will always be partial to connections but color screens are fun! I don't know if you've heard, but the first english color screen is out now, it's called the tamagotchi On! I was super excited when I found out about a month ago (it came out last summer). There's an interactive app that you can download as well. The On is pretty expensive though  :p
I’ve heard of the On but didn’t realise it was English! I’ll definitely look into that! The last one I bought was the tamagotchi Ps, it was really cute but I just found it quite hard to play because I don’t speak Japanese. Felt like I was missing out on half of the dialogue :p  

the app sounds cool too!

I’ve heard of the On but didn’t realise it was English!
The Tamagotchi On is the English version of the Tamagotchi Meets, which was the successor to the m!x. It's only available in North America, though, and there don't (yet?) seem to be any plans to release it outside of there, so you might have to import if that's not your location.

The Tamagotchi On is the English version of the Tamagotchi Meets, which was the successor to the m!x. It's only available in North America, though, and there don't (yet?) seem to be any plans to release it outside of there, so you might have to import if that's not your location.
Thank you! That’s really helpful to know. I have the M!x and the Ps but that was my last Tama - I’ve had a little break from them since I’ve been in college (and dealing with other things), I’m not sure exactly what will be happening with imports (more importantly the prices of them) with the recent pandemic but I’ll definitely keep my eye on it. I would love to run a colour Tama that I can fully interact with! :D  

Oh gosh I feel like I remember you?? Ghh my memory is incredibly fuzzy but I think. I think I remember you back from my first acc here,,it was uhh violetchi_garden I think oyh super cringe but eh such is life lmaoooo 
Hello!! I definitely remember your username?! That’s crazy! :D  lovely to see you again after all of these years - how have you been and what brings you back?! 

oh god the cringe is unbelievable haha, I was laughing reading through my posts. Wish there was a way to see more! 

Hello!! I definitely remember your username?! That’s crazy! :D  lovely to see you again after all of these years - how have you been and what brings you back?! 

oh god the cringe is unbelievable haha, I was laughing reading through my posts. Wish there was a way to see more! 
Oh I just come back here from time to time since I guess it’s kinda like an old school or smth?? Like a. A place that was just always homelike so I guess not a school hdjfkg but does that make any sense idk

Urgh I try not to call my younger self “cringe” n stuff since I’m a firm believer in being allowed to  grow and change and embrace but woooow it just gets rly hard to resist when I think about what I used to be like here LMAO

Oh I just come back here from time to time since I guess it’s kinda like an old school or smth?? Like a. A place that was just always homelike so I guess not a school hdjfkg but does that make any sense idk

Urgh I try not to call my younger self “cringe” n stuff since I’m a firm believer in being allowed to  grow and change and embrace but woooow it just gets rly hard to resist when I think about what I used to be like here LMAO
I totally get you! Full of nostalgia I guess haha I have a lot of fond memories attached to this place so it’s nice to reminisce. 

ah you’re so right, I can’t believe how much has changed in the time that I’ve been gone (in my personal life), just one example is a post I made on here when I first joined saying I was more of a Pokemon fan than Animal Crossing... that’s totally gone out of the window, I’m a die hard AC fan now haha!

i hope everything is well in your life and you’re staying safe! 

Latest posts

Back