Japanese Connections Hatch Log!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zCYe9aa.png

Hatched a baby girl on my gingko shell akai. I named her Mei, because I'm lazy. She quickly evolved into a cheritchi without much fuss. Here she is observing the koi no bori decorations for Children's Day.

EP2aS20.png

I love the variety of C-click animations on the akai ketai. Each character has at least 2 different animations they cycle through.

sXszcmv.png
cqIJI0s.png

bnmIQJN.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I hatched my red apples Akai shell this morning.

mbbKNEV.jpg

Surprise! I also got a baby girl, shirohaatotchi.  ^_^  Looks like we're all following a similar evolution line so far, lol. I decided to name her Akemi, which is Japanese for bright and beautiful!

L2YQL2f.jpg

Look how small she is compared to the rice bowl! We tried playing some games, but did pretty bad, oops. I was trying to win the swimming race game and it took so many tries that she didn't want to play anymore at all. (don't worry, we finally won later). Also, I messed up her training call because I forgot whether time out or praise comes first.  :(  She later evolved into cheritchi and I bought her a fun exercise ball from the vendor!

Eh6qMPw.jpg

Akemi is now fast asleep in her cozy bed that has a heart on it? How cute!

EDIT: sheesh these pictures are huuuge! I totally forgot how to resize them via imgur I'm sorry!

You both have some really cool shells! I ran into the sizing problem with imgur too, I just resize them before uploading now or hide them behind spoiler tags.

4m2DtBh.png

Mei evolved into a Ringotchi today, here are some pictures of her taking a bath and visiting the shrine of her dead predecessor. The vendor also came along and sold her a fish roll. The red pixels are really hard to see, but they give the ketai akai so much character!

Sooo I can't find my akai...  :angry:  I know it's in my house somewhere but when I tell you I've searched every square inch, I mean it.

I haven't seen it since I made my last update and it's freaking me out. I really hope Akemi is doing alright but who knows at this point. I feel terrible because I really want to find it and also I started this hatch so I want to be able to participate.

Anyways, no cute update for me and if I do find it, my next update might be grim, yikes. But I'm loving the Ringotchi action!! Honestly, her sprite is just so cute and she's really underrated.

Sooo I can't find my akai...  :angry:  I know it's in my house somewhere but when I tell you I've searched every square inch, I mean it.

I haven't seen it since I made my last update and it's freaking me out. I really hope Akemi is doing alright but who knows at this point. I feel terrible because I really want to find it and also I started this hatch so I want to be able to participate.

Anyways, no cute update for me and if I do find it, my next update might be grim, yikes. But I'm loving the Ringotchi action!! Honestly, her sprite is just so cute and she's really underrated.
I hope you find her soon :(

Mei called for attention twice today, and I was able to increase her disclipine bar to 5. The vendor came around and sold her some squid. I'm really appreciating how the food items don't disappear once you use them.

I hope you find her soon :(

Mei called for attention twice today, and I was able to increase her disclipine bar to 5. The vendor came around and sold her some squid. I'm really appreciating how the food items don't disappear once you use them.
I FOUND HER!! She was trapped under my blankets on my bed. She had 7 poops and was sick when I found her, but Akemi is back now and at full hearts! I'm surprised she's ok, it's been a full 24 hours since she was last cared for.

She's currently a Ringotchi believe it or not. I doubt she will be a Ribotchi like I hoped and at this point I might try for Gozarutchi in an attempt to avoid Debatchi. I'm just not a fan of him. I try so hard to love him but I feel like I always get him!

Also, I agree that the fact that you can eat the food you buy as many times as you want is awesome! All connection models should do that.

Omg I love the Memetchis!! I got her last time I ran my akai, she is so cute.

Akemi is now a Gozarutchi! I managed to neglect her enough to avoid Debatchi. I don't have a ton of pictures since I haven't bought many things, but I'm planning to have a field day with the passcodes soon and get her some nice things. So far, I've just been trying my best not to ignore her while I try to finish up schoolwork and cook. She has played the swimming race game wayyy too many times since I'm determined to guess what place she'll take, lol. I've won a couple times luckily! At least it keeps her weight low.

Here is her C animation. She either does a close-up, or blows kisses. The kisses were just too cute, especially when one pops and she gets bashful. (also yeah totally forgot to get a pic when she was Ringotchi oops)

cytlX0N.jpg
yAk9B8X.jpg
BL8ofUy.jpg

I think I finally got decent size pictures, yay!

Anywho, about the hatch. Most hatches just go for one run so that's what I expected to do. But if y'all were planning on continuing to run your akais for a few more gens anyways, let me know and we can keep logging! I was thinking of starting a new hatch when this one finishes up. I haven't run my M!x nor my music star in a while and both versions would be fun to run as a group. Let me know if you are interested or have any ideas! Vintage hatches, connections, color screens, etc., I'm open to it all!  :D  gives me a good excuse to gush about tamas haha

The bashful animations are really cute. I wouldn't mind doing a run with another version, the akai screen is kind of hard to see and photograph.

I agree, it's such a shame the contrast can't be adjusted like later versions. 

A music star hatch would be so much fun! I think we should call it a day after one run of this hatch and start a new hatch if that's what y'all want.

Also, it's ok if you can't run both, let me know how you feel! The entama is pretty low maintenance, but as you probably know the music star requires more commitment in order for your tama to rank well. Definitely a challenge to run both on top of whatever else you got going on in your life.

I think a fun idea is to start a hatch where everyone runs their all time favorite version! Or even just current favorite if you're indecisive like me lol. That would allow lots of people to join and that way we can all hatch what we want.

Anyways, mini log related update: Akemi is sleeping and I can't get over how cute she is with her little bed that has a heart on it!

Anyone remember how old they have to be before the matchmaker shows up?

Another uneventful day caring for her. Somehow I forgot how much less needy the Connection era Tamas are compared to the retro models.
The matchmaker will begin to show up 72 hours after your Akai matures into an adult. She will appear everyday afterward at 11:30AM, 3:00PM, and 7:00PM. She will bring a mate, and you will have the option of selecting yes or no.

A favourite tama hatch would be interesting!

Latest posts

Back