Ketai akai buttons

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXTamaLovelinXx

Reaction score
Hi hi, I just got a ciao berry akai and it all works, but the first button is a tricky responder. The second two respond beautifully but the first sometimes takes a few presses or pressure from a certain angle to respond. Is there a way i can get it responding like the other two buttons? If anyone has done this before please tell me all the tips and tricks :) thank you!

Hello!

From the sounds of it, there's probably a bit of dust/dirt that's gotten caught behind the rubber buttons, that's causing your button press not to register. Fortunately, taking apart your tama to clean it isn't as daunting a task as it might first seem. Here's a tutorial that goes over some general tama maintenance, including cleaning out the buttons. Just make sure to be really gentle with the sound wire.

Hello!

From the sounds of it, there's probably a bit of dust/dirt that's gotten caught behind the rubber buttons, that's causing your button press not to register. Fortunately, taking apart your tama to clean it isn't as daunting a task as it might first seem. Here's a tutorial that goes over some general tama maintenance, including cleaning out the buttons. Just make sure to be really gentle with the sound wire.

I shell swapped my nintendo switch so im praying!!!!!! I can do this. Id be really bummed if i messed this tamagotchi up i love it!! Furthermore, when I take it apart do you know if the screen plastic can be popped out from the shell completely? Id like to polish scratches without getting the material in the cracks. Thank you!

Good luck!

And I haven't personally tried to pop out the plastic portion of the screen before. I believe it's attached to the rest of the front shell, so that it wouldn't ever get popped out of place if it were dropped, but I could be wrong.

I shell swapped my nintendo switch so im praying!!!!!! I can do this. Id be really bummed if i messed this tamagotchi up i love it!! Furthermore, when I take it apart do you know if the screen plastic can be popped out from the shell completely? Id like to polish scratches without getting the material in the cracks. Thank you!
I have a ketai! Just like the connections, the clear plastic cover to the screen can be easily removed, so polish up those scratches to your heart's content!

I have a ketai! Just like the connections, the clear plastic cover to the screen can be easily removed, so polish up those scratches to your heart's content!
I managed to make my v3 screen like new!!!!! The shell is brighter as well and i easily removed pigment that was scuffed into the plastic with polish too!!! Its in beautiful condition now but now theres this faint beeping and i dont know if it was there before because i only noticed it now after putting it back together :/ i think i had a childhood tama that did that but my v1, akai, v5 and other connections arent doing it so im a little unhappy with it. Annnnnd newer problem. A lot of the screws to take apart my akai and v1 wont come undone. Didnt try the others after that. Annnnnd i started to strip some of them. Not all the way at least. But definitely more than i should have. I wont do anymore and i overall can’t get a few of the tamagotchis apart!!! :/

Good luck!

And I haven't personally tried to pop out the plastic portion of the screen before. I believe it's attached to the rest of the front shell, so that it wouldn't ever get popped out of place if it were dropped, but I could be wrong.
It comes out!!! On my v3, but i cant get/started to strip the screws on my akai :/ or my v1!! Im stuck.

I managed to make my v3 screen like new!!!!! The shell is brighter as well and i easily removed pigment that was scuffed into the plastic with polish too!!! Its in beautiful condition now but now theres this faint beeping and i dont know if it was there before because i only noticed it now after putting it back together :/ i think i had a childhood tama that did that but my v1, akai, v5 and other connections arent doing it so im a little unhappy with it. Annnnnd newer problem. A lot of the screws to take apart my akai and v1 wont come undone. Didnt try the others after that. Annnnnd i started to strip some of them. Not all the way at least. But definitely more than i should have. I wont do anymore and i overall can’t get a few of the tamagotchis apart!!! :/

It comes out!!! On my v3, but i cant get/started to strip the screws on my akai :/ or my v1!! Im stuck.
I have a ds with a messed up button. If you want to take apart a stuck vpet consider an electronic screwdriver, or even a mobile phone repair place and tell them the screws are stuck. They're skilled at removing tiny screws, so they may be your best bet.
That said, is it a very very faint beep every second? If so you must have knocked some crud out of the speaker, as that's the tamagotchi's "heartbeat." Not every kind of Tama has one, but the connections most definitely do!

So very interesting discovery, the beeping stopped a couple hours after putting each back together!! I wonder what that means but taking it apart definitely triggers it!!!! Its a nostalgic sound i havent heard in over a decade haha but it kinda drives me crazy. Also i think i will try to take it to a phone repair place near me then. Are there any well known chains you recommend to go to?

Latest posts

Back