Komputer Koala Giga Pet log (Comments ok)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those scores definitely weren't as easy to keep up with my Micropup. This is making me want to try him again soon.
I'd be very interested in a comparison between the different programming branches of the vintage Giga Pets - it's evident that they put in the effort to address consumer complaints about the notorious earlier ones, which I wasn't aware of before. I thought that that had only happened when they relaunched the brand with GigaPetsAR.

Definitely wasn't expecting her to live this long! I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm not really getting tired of her. She's definitely a favorite of mine. :giggle:
The Komputer Koala seems to be a sought-after Giga Pet, and after following this log it's not hard to see why. :smile2:

I'd be very interested in a comparison between the different programming branches of the vintage Giga Pets - it's evident that they put in the effort to address consumer complaints about the notorious earlier ones, which I wasn't aware of before. I thought that that had only happened when they relaunched the brand with GigaPetsAR.
I could definitely do a log for my Micropup next time I run him. He's the only other vintage Giga Pet I have except for Yoda, which is obviously different than the classic animal lineup. (I haven't run Yoda yet!)

I could definitely do a log for my Micropup next time I run him. He's the only other vintage Giga Pet I have except for Yoda, which is obviously different than the classic animal lineup. (I haven't run Yoda yet!)
Let's see 'em all! :biggrin:

DAY 41
She hit age 40 today! Still going strong!
k1.jpg

It occurred to me that it might be interesting for some folks if I post the little background story about Giga creatures contained in the instructions. This story is not in all Giga Pets instructions. My Micropup doesn't have it. Out of curiosity, I glanced online at some instructions for other vintage Giga Pets. I certainly didn't look at all of them, but out of the ones I did check, the only other manual I spotted that had this origins story was the Floppy Frog. And modern Giga Pets don't include this story.
k2.jpg

It occurred to me that it might be interesting for some folks if I post the little background story about Giga creatures contained in the instructions. This story is not in all Giga Pets instructions. My Micropup doesn't have it. Out of curiosity, I glanced online at some instructions for other vintage Giga Pets. I certainly didn't look at all of them, but out of the ones I did check, the only other manual I spotted that had this origins story was the Floppy Frog. And modern Giga Pets don't include this story.
Man, that is weird! :lol: It really shows that Tiger Electronics was more accustomed to producing LCD games which had well-defined goals and backstories (something also reflected in the Giga Pets having a scoring-system of sorts), since that feels much more like a game backstory than a virtual pet one, with the whole ancient kingdom thing going on. I do like how they used it to explain why the vintage Giga Pets all use translucent shells, though!

DAY 51

R.I.P.
Koko passed away and became an angel today at age 50.

k2.jpgk1.jpg

Yesterday, I left her alone for probably around 3 hours and her health dipped down to 91. The vintage instructions say if you keep the health above 95, they can live indefinitely. Although I did get her stats back up yesterday when I returned to her, I'm guessing it was those few hours of neglect and the health dip below 95 that led to her passing away during the night or upon waking up. I'd say she had a pretty full life, though. 🐨

It's interesting. I had left her alone for about that long a couple of times before when I went to movies at the theater, and she survived. A couple of her stats had dropped low, but her health stat had stayed fine. And I do believe she was over the age of 14 ("old age") then too. Perhaps as they continue to age, the stats drop a little more quickly. 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back