Last Post Wins 2: electric boogaloo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whee! Howard the Duck! :biggrin:

4bGwbGV.jpg

Here's the duck himself, with a pin and the uncut DVD of the infamous 1986 live-action movie - the first Marvel Comics-based movie ever made.

I also have the Commodore 64 computer game from the 1980s (it was a sequel to the 1986 movie), but it's in storage with the computer itself at the moment. Here's a look at its rather awesome UK box-art, though;

dJY4CI9.jpg

Unfortunately, the UK tape version lacked the intro-sequence that the US disk version had (a typical practise for Activision at the time), which is a shame, because the game has nice sprite-work, if nothing else, and the intro is pretty well-done if you've seen the movie. :tongue:

Looks like Donald Duck With a detective costume,
Funnily enough, back in the 1970s, decades before Disney bought Marvel, Disney applied legal pressure about Howard's original design for similar reasons. The plush is a modern-day Marvel Cinematic Universe one, though.

And why uncut?
Uncut means uncensored. The original release cut out a bunch of footage and it made less sense as a result.

Are you still too young for that?
I'm old enough to have watched the original release as a kid in the 1980s and to have been there to buy the tie-in computer game on cassette-tape. ;)) I'm probably one of the only TamaTalkers to know what those even are. :lol:

I'm old enough to have watched the original release as a kid in the 1980s and to have been there to buy the tie-in computer game on cassette-tape. ;)) I'm probably one of the only TamaTalkers to know what those even are. :lol:
But if you are no longer a young adult? You´re going through the mid-life crisis!

Also...

Noticed that basic support of Xenforo/Tamatalk is working on Retrozilla.

VirtualBox_Windows NT 4.0_11_11_2021_19_58_28.png

The design is quite broken due to basic HTML5 support. but i wish they didnt botch it up.

I am listening to this

Unforgettable Memory

Also,here is a video that i made showing the "Shoubu ari" sound in the japanese version of NUN4 (since at the time of this post,i can now post videos again.)

View attachment pcsx2 2021-09-19 11-28-07-143.mp4

I wonder why did they cut the sound in the international version using the japanese dub option.

Last edited:
i think the more important question here is why are you running win98
Just look at Windows NT 4.0 and you see what i am running on a VM.

The lastest browser for it was Firefox 2,Opera 10.63. However those browsers were too outdated as those didnt support HTML5 (also on opera,it may be basic.) and TLS 1.2/1.3 (Opera supported basic support for it,only supporting TLS 1.2)

Also i know that accessing Google in older browsers causes old browser mode in main page and more recently mobile search engine. Youtube doesnt seem to work in Retrozilla. turning over a white window.

The only thing we had to do,was to use a flash player,but since flash is no longer around and Flash Player Youtube was long retired,i guess no youtube for older windows.

Latest posts

Back