LEAKED: Tamagotchi Meets Launching November 2018

Help Support TamaTalk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninomitchi

Reaction score
The app was updated today and the "Present" section is now available but there's a problem. Looks like the app uses GPS to find items at "TamaSpots". So, as far as I can tell, this is made to work in Japan only. I've tried using a VPN like TunnelBear and change my location to Japan, which usually works for access to the Japanese Google Play Store on my android phone, but it doesn't work with the app. As far as I can tell, you don't have to have your Tama connected to the app to find items. I tried with and without my Meets being connected to the app and the message I got was "Couldn't find anything... Please choose a different place to explore or, try searching this area at a later time". If anyone gets it to work, please share lol ^_^
The VPN only changes your IP though, not your GPS location. It can fool websites that use IP verification, but not something like a GPS.

However... I wonder if we could use the same method that Pokemon GO hackers use to cheat in the game by “faking” their position. Maybe that way, we can fool the app to think we are in that spot? (unless the GPS thingy actually connects to some remote server that’s inside said location, in which case it’s clearly impossible to fake it).

jollychick

Reaction score
The VPN only changes your IP though, not your GPS location. It can fool websites that use IP verification, but not something like a GPS.

However... I wonder if we could use the same method that Pokemon GO hackers use to cheat in the game by “faking” their position. Maybe that way, we can fool the app to think we are in that spot? (unless the GPS thingy actually connects to some remote server that’s inside said location, in which case it’s clearly impossible to fake it).
Ah. That's true.

I've never tried the Pokemon Go method you mentioned but I've heard of it before. It would be great if it worked! 

Status
Not open for further replies.