LEAKED: Tamagotchi Meets Launching November 2018

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thats great that it can connect to the m!x then :)

I am hoping to watch some youtube videos or tutorials in the near future as to what features the connection provides.

Is it as comprehensive as connecting a meets, or do you think that for the m!x the features are going to be limited for the app?

My Android is super old and I'm having no luck trying to download it onto my work iPhone... Blarg, is the only way to do this to create a JP itunes account? What a hassle. XD

When is everyone getting their Meets? Mine is supposed to be delivered today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine got shipped some time ago and when I checked earlier today it was still in Japan. I probably will get it next week, or I hope so at least.

When is everyone getting their Meets? Mine is supposed to be delivered today.
Mine got shipped some time ago and when I checked earlier today it was still in Japan. I probably will get it next week, or I hope so at least.
Mine only shipped today, and I'd imagine that it won't make it to the UK for at least a week or two - and that's not even counting the likely hold-up to administer the relevant customs charges. :lol:

Still waiting for my Meets so, in the mean time I'm using my 20th Anniversary Gift Mix. Has anyone used a Mix with the Meets app? I was able to send my Tama but I noticed my name in the profile still said "guest user" even though my Tama was listed. Is this normal?

I just received mine in the mail early today. Its wonderful so far! I did run into an issue regarding Bluetooth though. :< When I try to connect my tama the phone to preform Bluetooth Pairing, the phone says "Couldn't pair with TMGC_meets because of an incorrect PIN or passkey" and gives me no further information. It doesn't even prompt me to input a pin so I have no chance to give it a correct pin even if I had one.

Anyone have any suggestions as far as help goes? (be it now or later, when people get their Tamagotchis). I saw the app had a list of compatible phones, but Bluetooth is an older technology, hence I didn't anticipate it would matter this much.

I'm trying to use it on a Moto x4 with android 8.1.0 for reference.

I just received mine in the mail early today. Its wonderful so far! I did run into an issue regarding Bluetooth though. :< When I try to connect my tama the phone to preform Bluetooth Pairing, the phone says "Couldn't pair with TMGC_meets because of an incorrect PIN or passkey" and gives me no further information. It doesn't even prompt me to input a pin so I have no chance to give it a correct pin even if I had one.Anyone have any suggestions as far as help goes? (be it now or later, when people get their Tamagotchis). I saw the app had a list of compatible phones, but Bluetooth is an older technology, hence I didn't anticipate it would matter this much.

I'm trying to use it on a Moto x4 with android 8.1.0 for reference.
I don’t think you have to worry about the connecting your Meets with bluetooth, you’re supposed to connect thru the app. I have a Galaxy Note 8 (android 8.0.0) and my Meets won’t connect to my phone either. When I tried with my iPad Pro, it worked just fine. I noticed that there was an extra confirmation screen on the iPad, when you try to connect, that didn’t appear on my Android phone so, maybe the app is the prob? I’m not too sure but it seems like the iOS app version connects normally.

I don’t think you have to worry about the connecting your Meets with bluetooth, you’re supposed to connect thru the app. I have a Galaxy Note 8 (android 8.0.0) and my Meets won’t connect to my phone either. When I tried with my iPad Pro, it worked just fine. I noticed that there was an extra confirmation screen on the iPad, when you try to connect, that didn’t appear on my Android phone so, maybe the app is the prob? I’m not too sure but it seems like the iOS app version connects normally.
Yeah, I tried to connect through the app as well, without pairing it at all. It still didn't work. It would lag for a second like it wanted to work, but no luck. :< I'm glad its working on your ipad though! :D Its nice to have a backup if ones phone doesn't work.

Hopefully as people get their tamagotchis we can figure out some sort of solution.

Got my meets in the mail and it's pretty great! I managed to get it to connect with my S9, but there's really nothing much to do on the app yet. I only set my character's profile info and profile photo so far.

I wonder when will they open the other locations on the app? And hopefully they'll add downloads there too and not just on the mix Stations, as I won't be back in Japan until next year :(

Got my meets in the mail and it's pretty great! I managed to get it to connect with my S9, but there's really nothing much to do on the app yet. I only set my character's profile info and profile photo so far.

I wonder when will they open the other locations on the app? And hopefully they'll add downloads there too and not just on the mix Stations, as I won't be back in Japan until next year :(
I'm glad you got it to work on your Android! I guess some phones work and others don't DX

Yeah. Hopefully there will be more to do in the app once they open the section called "Challenge" and "Present"!!

Yeah, I tried to connect through the app as well, without pairing it at all. It still didn't work. It would lag for a second like it wanted to work, but no luck. :< I'm glad its working on your ipad though! :D Its nice to have a backup if ones phone doesn't work.

Hopefully as people get their tamagotchis we can figure out some sort of solution.
So, I got it to connect to my S9+ and here's what I did:

Went to the app and got to the place where I could pair it with the meets

went to the connection menu on the meets and went into the app option and clicked on it so the little image of the 2 hearts comes up

tapped on the connect icon on the app

Pressed the B button on the meets

And then it connected just fine. You definitely DO NOT actually go into your bluetooth options and pair it like headphones or anything, you just do it through the app itself. The thing that kept tripping me up is I kept forgetting to press B on the screen with the 2 hearts, which you have to do to get the meets to actually try to do anything. XD

Other than that... it's interesting so far! At the moment, where my character is just a child it feels like any other color tama but with new stuff to select. There's plenty I don't know yet, but I'll probably put a bunch in my log. The default games are pretty good, but the 'spam a' surfboard one seems pretty touchy.

I have a Chiroritchi at the moment, what do you have?

So, I got it to connect to my S9+ and here's what I did:

Went to the app and got to the place where I could pair it with the meets

went to the connection menu on the meets and went into the app option and clicked on it so the little image of the 2 hearts comes up

tapped on the connect icon on the app

Pressed the B button on the meets

And then it connected just fine. You definitely DO NOT actually go into your bluetooth options and pair it like headphones or anything, you just do it through the app itself. The thing that kept tripping me up is I kept forgetting to press B on the screen with the 2 hearts, which you have to do to get the meets to actually try to do anything. XD

Other than that... it's interesting so far! At the moment, where my character is just a child it feels like any other color tama but with new stuff to select. There's plenty I don't know yet, but I'll probably put a bunch in my log. The default games are pretty good, but the 'spam a' surfboard one seems pretty touchy.

I have a Chiroritchi at the moment, what do you have?
I tried that method and it still doesn't work on my Note 8.

When I connect to my iPad, I don't have to hit the B button at all, it just begins to connect as long as both are in connect mode. Hitting the B button does produce a sound but nothing happens. My Tama will just return to her room and my phone will sit on the connection screen a while longer before tellinng me it couldn't complet the connection. As far as I can tell, both my phon and yours have the same Bluetooth antenna so I'm not sure why it won't work.

I have a Lovelitchi, who's currently orange so I could unlock Gourmet Street XD

Still waiting for my Meets so, in the mean time I'm using my 20th Anniversary Gift Mix. Has anyone used a Mix with the Meets app? I was able to send my Tama but I noticed my name in the profile still said "guest user" even though my Tama was listed. Is this normal?
Hello, when you connected your mix to the app are the same features available for it as the meets?

Also what is the app useful for (mix in particular)?

I tried that method and it still doesn't work on my Note 8.

When I connect to my iPad, I don't have to hit the B button at all, it just begins to connect as long as both are in connect mode. Hitting the B button does produce a sound but nothing happens. My Tama will just return to her room and my phone will sit on the connection screen a while longer before tellinng me it couldn't complet the connection. As far as I can tell, both my phon and yours have the same Bluetooth antenna so I'm not sure why it won't work.

I have a Lovelitchi, who's currently orange so I could unlock Gourmet Street XD
Weird. Yeah, a Samsung is a Samsung, even if we're a generation apart. I definitely have to hit the B button to connect though. Maybe it's different w/apple. I'd try it, but I don't wanna go through the hassle of creating a JP app store acct. Good luck though!

Hello, when you connected your mix to the app are the same features available for it as the meets?

Also what is the app useful for (mix in particular)?
Unfortunately not. When you connect your M!x, it’ll give you a warning saying that your M!x will automatically disconnect after 5 minutes. You can walk around Meets Park with you M!x Tama and you can participate in the “Tamakyun Party”, the matchmaking party to get your Tama married. However, just like when you use a random Tama, the results don’t follow my Tama back to her room on my actual Tamagotchi, even tho I finally got a love match with Kuromametchi!

Also, the entire time you’re playing, there will be a 5 minute countdown at the bottom of your screen. If you leave Meets Park after your 5 mins and try to enter again, you will either have to reconnect your M!x, which is a pain, or use a random. This may change when they complete the app but for now, that’s how it is.

I’ll also say that the Challenge and Present mode aren’t available yet. Meaning that the M!x may not have much to do with the app now, like the Meets, but it may have better functionality later on.

Man, a lot of weird stuff happens in the Meets. In addition to the return of the nightmares that I've seen in the M!x (pics in my log), my twin boys also went to the starry lab and used the observatory to watch a giant space octopus attack and be chased off by UFOs.

tfDbw5Ul.jpg

SO WEIRD. I love it.

The app was updated today and the "Present" section is now available but there's a problem. Looks like the app uses GPS to find items at "TamaSpots". So, as far as I can tell, this is made to work in Japan only. I've tried using a VPN like TunnelBear and change my location to Japan, which usually works for access to the Japanese Google Play Store on my android phone, but it doesn't work with the app. As far as I can tell, you don't have to have your Tama connected to the app to find items. I tried with and without my Meets being connected to the app and the message I got was "Couldn't find anything... Please choose a different place to explore or, try searching this area at a later time". If anyone gets it to work, please share lol ^_^

If the app doesn’t get discontinued by the time I’ll be in Japan next year (you never know with apps these days  <_< ) I’ll try that spot thing.

I like the Meets so far. Yes, it’s more of the same with the M!X stuff, but I like it. I love the animations. And I could connect my tama through the app just fine with my iPhone X.

The app was updated today and the "Present" section is now available but there's a problem. Looks like the app uses GPS to find items at "TamaSpots". So, as far as I can tell, this is made to work in Japan only. I've tried using a VPN like TunnelBear and change my location to Japan, which usually works for access to the Japanese Google Play Store on my android phone, but it doesn't work with the app. As far as I can tell, you don't have to have your Tama connected to the app to find items. I tried with and without my Meets being connected to the app and the message I got was "Couldn't find anything... Please choose a different place to explore or, try searching this area at a later time". If anyone gets it to work, please share lol ^_^
The VPN only changes your IP though, not your GPS location. It can fool websites that use IP verification, but not something like a GPS.

However... I wonder if we could use the same method that Pokemon GO hackers use to cheat in the game by “faking” their position. Maybe that way, we can fool the app to think we are in that spot? (unless the GPS thingy actually connects to some remote server that’s inside said location, in which case it’s clearly impossible to fake it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back