LEAKED: Tamagotchi On- Localised Tamagotchi Meets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-tamagotchi+on,28zu0

Gamestop has them up for preorder, but the release date is set to 12/31? I imagine that will change since the tama site itself says 74 days.

Also, according to that commercial.... have I been pronouncing Tamagotchi wrong for like 20+ years??? O_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, according to that commercial.... have I been pronouncing Tamagotchi wrong for like 20+ years??? O_O
No, you've been pronouncing it correctly. ;) The people in the commercial are pronouncing it wrong, which is embarrassing for such a high-profile "revival".

This incorrect pronunciation originated from incorrect information provided to those behind Tamagotchi Video Adventures, and that same information was also provided to some members of the press at around the same time (or perhaps those behind Tamagotchi Video Adventures did their research and thought that the press were correct - it could go either way, but at this point I have to assume that some well-meaning individual has been referring to old reference materials for the new ad, and that the same info was given to the production-company back in the 1990s). It's also where the falsehood that Tamagotchi translates as "cute little egg" comes from.

To be absolutely clear: Tamagotchi is a portmanteau of "tamago" (egg), and "uotchi" (katakana spelling of the loanword "watch"; The "i" is silent in Japan, but is pronounced in Western promotions because it sounds exotic and catchy), and the correct (Western) pronunciation is "Tamm-a-gotchee" (or just "Tamm-a-gotch", in Japan). It is not, as the false information claims, a portmanteau of "tamago" and "chibi", and it is not pronounced "Tamm-a-go-chee" as per that and the Tamagotchi On commercial.

For what it's worth, past commercials, dating all the way back to the late 1990s, got the pronunciation right.

Is there any information regarding whether these will be able to connect to japanese tamagotchis? Like, my mix for example or a japanese meets?

Is there any information regarding whether these will be able to connect to japanese tamagotchis? Like, my mix for example or a japanese meets?
I imagine that we won't know that until the Tamagotchi On is in people's hands. I doubt that it's something that any of the Western arms of Bandai are going to publicise, either. :p

On Amazon Bandai answered and they said no, because it is the Japanese version. I guess this makes sense because there usually isn’t cross compatibility anyways, but it’s still disappointing.

On Amazon Bandai answered and they said no, because it is the Japanese version. I guess this makes sense because there usually isn’t cross compatibility anyways, but it’s still disappointing.
Someone's going to try anyway, though, aren't they? :lol:

I know I sure am. Gotta unlock stuff, and I don't wanna by THAT many Ons. XD
Congratulations! You're now officially the person that we're all going to be looking to in order to get this information. ;)

On the official website the commercial’s thumbnail shows some more new things:
taamcap.png

1) Different BG in the app. It shows the old TamaTown we know and love, unlike the Japanese version which takes place in Meets Town. It’s nice that, in a way, TamaTown is making a comeback. Here's the Japanese version for comparison:
IMG-6871.png

2)Also, some hats are from the exclusive Meets Station characters. The one Lovelitchi is wearing is modified from this one, which is less detailed: 

diff.png

Memetchi's hat is also different, with redrawn sauce and more pieces of chopped leek. Original:

orighat.png

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t recall any of the special location Mix characters being in the Meets. That Tama in the bottom right corner is obviously mixed from Jellytchi. 
pinkjelly.png

Will this mean we’re getting some locations from the Mix too? Or, maybe there will be special event characters in the dating game like Mimitchi? Or maybe even (by immense luck) the On can actually connect to Japanese Mix and Meets? Only time will tell.

Congratulations! You're now officially the person that we're all going to be looking to in order to get this information. ;)
Don't worry, I plan on making a log post that talks about how I'm going to document it and then proceed to be too busy to do so. XD

Got my fingers crossed for an eventual EU release...

Also it's hella chunky. I dream of a day we return to connexion form factor 🤞

either way this looks real neat!

Also it's hella chunky. I dream of a day we return to connexion form factor 🤞
It's not as big as you would expect - that surprised me when I got my Meets. :p They're thicker due to the space required for the AAA batteries, but photographs never seem to show how compact they really are.

xxxDTWm.jpg

You can see the Meets at the far-right of the bottom row, next to the purple Tamagotchi Original Gen 1.

Yes! this is a English version of M!x and meets. Which is Fun!

I dont think why. but they will be Here!

Could you provide a citation, please? The M!x and the Meets are two separate versions, and I've never heard of an English version of the M!x.
I willl citate.

if You think This is The M!x version. Tamagotchi ON is also A m!x Version! but Its mainly from meets Thanks to bandai!
Done. i citate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back