Looking for an Electronic Pocket Chicken (Hitorikko type vpet)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenpet

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm on the hunt for a bit of long lost childhood nostalgia. I used to have one of these but I haven't seen one pop up on ebay recently. If anyone has any leads or has an extra let me know :) (picture is of the aforementioned vpet, pic from tamagotchi.tk)dbjehdq-df60d524-68d9-43dc-95fc-b410a86feced.jpg

I know for certain I have one of these. Unfortunately I cannot remember what it was branded as when I purchased it in 1997. A big issue with a lot of these vintage ones unfortunately as I too am looking to get more of this type for my Tamagotchi Treasury website... I think it might be worth my time to investigate this more.

I know for certain I have one of these. Unfortunately I cannot remember what it was branded as when I purchased it in 1997. A big issue with a lot of these vintage ones unfortunately as I too am looking to get more of this type for my Tamagotchi Treasury website... I think it might be worth my time to investigate this more.
Thanks for the reply! I remember buying it at a Meijer in Michigan. There were two, a white one with the blue boarder and red buttons like the pic, and a transparent yellow/green one, both branded as Electronic Pocket Chicken. But I seen one picture where the buttons were another color and the green art design on the unit was slightly different, so it's possible it was sold under multiple brandings like many of the "odd pets" or off brand virtual pets were.
I know it probably runs off the Hitorikko chip, it was very similar to that and the Dinky Dino/ Yuki Penguin.

I'm especially interested in that sprite of Mametichi. I remember it vividly, I definitely have this. Difficult to know which one I had, definitely had an entirely different shell to the ones you posted and described, but same chip... interestingly enough, 2 years ago I went through my entire collection (over 400) and some were not working. I'm guessing it might have been one of those. I do have 2 Hittorikos. Did they contain Mametchi's in there? I haven't tried one for 22 years.

The one I had, which was identical to the picture, had knock-offs of Mametchi, Nyorachi (the snake looking one) and Kuchitamatchi, as well as a couple "original" pets. I haven't owned an actual Hittoriko, so I'm not positive it has any of the same characters, but it for sure has 4 buttons, big chunky graphics and the same options/games to select from.

My first ever virtual pet back in the day was a Guyoppi clone called "chick pet" that I bought from a corner store, which tried to look more like an actual Tamagotchi. I actually liked it better because it had an extra game, more food options, and a weather gimmick where you had to give it an umbrella, scarf or baseball cap depending on the weather. It also had an extra growth stage and it's own unique characters.
But the electronic pocket chicken was the next one I got.

I'm especially interested in that sprite of Mametichi. I remember it vividly, I definitely have this. Difficult to know which one I had, definitely had an entirely different shell to the ones you posted and described, but same chip... interestingly enough, 2 years ago I went through my entire collection (over 400) and some were not working. I'm guessing it might have been one of those. I do have 2 Hittorikos. Did they contain Mametchi's in there? I haven't tried one for 22 years.
Update. I've been casually browsing odd pets that resemble Hitorikko, Dinky, and the Electronic Pocket Chicken. I've come across a couple of pets that were in Dinky cases (Hitorikko also has a very similar case) but finally came across one that had a screen shot of it working, and I recognized the character. It's identical to the first growth stage of the electronic pocket chicken. I'll attach a picture. The case looks like a Hitorikko or Dinky, it's branded as "Electro Pet" (Russian variant) and has the characters from Electronic Pocket Chicken (maybe the same as the Hitorikko chicken)

EDIT: After more research, it turns out that the Electronic Pocket Chicken program is indeed identical to the Hitorikko (chicken) .. which was heavily inspired by Dinky. There are tons of variations on them, much like Gyoppi pets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-084629_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211109-084629_eBay.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Awesome everyone, thanks for pitching in and helping me solve this mystery 😸 if I can't find a. Electronic Pocket Chicken, it looks like I should at least be able to grab up a Hitorikko for nostalgia sake!

I don't like being that guy, but I had to remove the link due to Rule 4 and its accompanying description thread.

You can however have links in your Signature and/or on your Profile page but cannot directly tell users to go there.
There's currently a moratorium on buying/selling on the Forums and should make post about it. This was due to an extremely large amount of scams that were taking place and the staff can not police things that aren't the forums. This rule may be changing in the future, however I don't have a timeline.

Thank you for your understanding.

Latest posts

Back