Magical Witches

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
Magical Witches look so fun. I’m aware that they are uncommon and tend to go for quite a lot, but I’m still in love with them. I can’t find one for sale anywhere, though. 

If anyone has a Magical Witch: Is it as fun as it looks?

Also, if anyone if looking to sell a Magical Witch, hit me up 😉

I think the rare people who have the whole set mostly got them on Yahoo Japan Auctions, as I never had any luck to catch them on Ebay. You're right, they look super fun and its intriguing for me how they are in English!

It's a shame Bandai hasn't rebooted that franchise yet, as they were at least important enough to be a part of the Digimon universe- Wizarmon is from the Magical Witches universe, and that's not just him.

I think the rare people who have the whole set mostly got them on Yahoo Japan Auctions, as I never had any luck to catch them on Ebay. You're right, they look super fun and its intriguing for me how they are in English!

It's a shame Bandai hasn't rebooted that franchise yet, as they were at least important enough to be a part of the Digimon universe- Wizarmon is from the Magical Witches universe, and that's not just him.
I should have said I couldn’t find one to buy for a reasonable price as I have actually seen a few recently. I saw one on Yahoo Auctions a few days ago and I actually bid on it, but the price got ridiculously high (£760!!) and I couldn’t afford it. The thing I hate about Yahoo Japan auctions is that every time there is a new highest bid the auction gets extended by 5 minutes so the price just keeps going up and up indefinitely.

There’s one on eBay currently for almost £1,500 which is even worse (especially since it’s sun damaged!). I would pay about £300 for one, but no more than £350 and even that would be a stretch since I am a student.

Ah well maybe one day. Ideally I’d like two of them, since I love the connection function on these and how they can curse each other. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They're extremely rare. A few years back someone was selling all of the editions on ebay. If I recall correctly, they went for a pretty steep price. Off hand the collectors that I am aware of that have one probably won't readily give it up. All I can say is keep checking up on ebay? I have never done a search for one on yahoo auctions. Does anyone know if they're more common in Japan?

**UPDATE** There are actually a few on ebay right now! The prices for them haven't changed in the slightest, but here they are:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Magical-Witches-Eneruge-Tamagotchi-virtual-pet/293057698260?hash=item443b9999d4:g:6nwAAOSwpLxcfRSP

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Bandai-Training-Game-Magical-Witches-Tamagocchi-Still-Working-Very-Rare/323781866253?hash=item4b62e7330d:g:-nkAAOSwcHRcj98T

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Magical-Witches-Earths-Witch-Easrin-Blue-Tamagotchi-Virtual-Pet-Toy-rare/223474539360?hash=item34081edb60:g:aVoAAOSwolRcqgSb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Magical-Witches-Earths-Witch-Easrin-Yellow-Tamagotchi-Virtual-Pet-Toy/223441547140?hash=item3406276f84:g:9lwAAOSwHN9cg9IG

I agree with everyone's sentiments, Bandai should bring these back. Has anyone ever done scans of the booklet or box? The art for the pet is absolutely adorable. They look like they're made out of clay.

Yeah, they're more common in Japan since they're exclusively from Japan (despite being in english). So they don't show in ebay often, as they are both rare and also Japanese collectors don't know that there are western collectors for those at all (as ebay really isn't a place Japanese people sell to others Japanese people) so it's best to look on sites like Yahoo Japan Auctions or other Japanese auction sites.

Yeah, they're more common in Japan since they're exclusively from Japan (despite being in english). So they don't show in ebay often, as they are both rare and also Japanese collectors don't know that there are western collectors for those at all (as ebay really isn't a place Japanese people sell to others Japanese people) so it's best to look on sites like Yahoo Japan Auctions or other Japanese auction sites.
Interesting. That partially explains the high prices on ebay - a lot of import collectables' values get increased. Do you know off hand if they go for around the same price on Yahoo Auctions? Ebay asking 1,000+ bucks for a virtual pet is crazy in my opinion.

Compared to ebay, they go for FAIRLY reasonable prices on yahoo auctions. Not 1000s, but 300-400 or lower is a common price. Which is still a whole lot, but not a threshold we haven't been used to when it comes to rare versions, like Devilgotchi or Yasashii.

Yeah I saw those three but they're completely out their nut if they think I'm paying even half that price.

£50 maximum. 

Yeah I saw those three but they're completely out their nut if they think I'm paying even half that price.

£50 maximum. 
I hate to say this, but I have never seen them go for £50. The only chances of finding one at that price is the seller not knowing the value of the pet and wanting to quickly get rid of it. Have you checked on Yahoo Auctions? You might get something of a price break there.

I hate to say this, but I have never seen them go for £50. The only chances of finding one at that price is the seller not knowing the value of the pet and wanting to quickly get rid of it. Have you checked on Yahoo Auctions? You might get something of a price break there.
Yeah thanks. I signed up on Buyee through Yahoo Auctions Jp. They have one in there for roughly 400/500. I know £50 is near impossible but I'd stretch to £100 but even that's unlikely.  

Problem is I'll have to buy two. One for the wall boxed and one to use. Very expensive.  

I can't speak for Buyee, but I know through Zenmarket they have import fees per item. With that and shipping, there's a chance that the final price will be close to what's being asked for them on Ebay. Luckily their listings are normally available for a very long time (probably because of the price) but if you're really adamant on getting one you could probably save up some money and buy one when you have enough.

Yeah, EVERY proxy service has a service fee. I recently won a Digimon washi tape for about 5$ (which in itself is a steep price for a tape but I really wanted it), but with all the shipping fees (because you have to pay TWO shipping fees! For the item to be shipped to Buyee and then to your country) and service fee it came up to be like... 20$. For a tape. I kind of immediatelly regretted it lol. But oh well.

But really I wouldn't get my hopes up for one of the rarest virtual pets that exist for such a low price. I know someone who cried from happiness for having to pay ONLY 100$ for one in a pretty poor condition, that's probably the cheapest I've seen it go for.

Well.. Except for someone who apparently got it at a second hand store for like 5$, but didn't like it so they... threw it in the trash. Because they didn't know it was rare. Yes, it happened. I don't understand throwing anything that works in the trash? So they kind of deserve it lol. But that's one less magical witches on the market...

Well.. Except for someone who apparently got it at a second hand store for like 5$, but didn't like it so they... threw it in the trash. Because they didn't know it was rare. Yes, it happened. I don't understand throwing anything that works in the trash? So they kind of deserve it lol. But that's one less magical witches on the market...
Going to go slightly off-topic briefly, but by any chance did you learn about that in a video? I swear I've heard the same story as well. I had my doubts on how veracious the claim was, it seems like a pretty slim chance that someone would find a rare Japanese virtual pet in a thrift store for that price.

Actually I heard that on discord, but I know video you mean, pretty sure it's the same person. 

I don't think it's completely impossible, there have been some insane thrift store finds people have had over the years and tamas are relatively hard to do research for. The original owner might have had their collection taken from them involuntarily for some reason. Considering how people who recall original vintage tamas from their childhood often don't want to pay the "insane" price of a little over 20$ for one because they genuinely don't think it's worth that much speaks for itself. 

I don't think it's completely impossible, there have been some insane thrift store finds people have had over the years and tamas are relatively hard to do research for.
Yeah, I don't have too much trouble believing it, either. I mean, previously-unseen prototypes of Atari 2600 games were found in thrift-stores and salvage-yards decades after the system's time, for example, and most wouldn't expect anyone to find a company's internal prototype items in such places, but it's happened and has been well-documented by collectors.

If it can happen multiple times with one-of-a-kind prototype video game cartridges, then it could definitely happen with a rare virtual pet that actually saw a foreign commercial release, too.

If you can find one for a decent price go for it! I've seen them for far less than you have in the past, but still pretty ridiculous. Keep checking until you find one. Also check out the traders groups as another alternative, gotten some hard to find stuff there too for a reasonable price. Best of luck, happy hunting :)

I understand what you guys are saying completely. It's been a while since I have last looked this up (so I might be getting some of my facts wrong), I recall someone once saying they got a prototype of a unreleased Legend of Zelda toy at a Goodwill. Strange things can happen. But with that being said I guess I still have my doubts about the story, because the Magical Witches were a Japan only release, and the story feels made to make big time collectors mad if I'm being completely honest. :wacko:

Back onto the original subject though, is the red (fire) edition the most common? Whenever I see someone have one it always seems to be in that color.

Latest posts

Back