Matches' TamaLog (Comments OK)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matches

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a TamaLog since my friend and I started playing together today!

I'm curious about how our Tamagotchi will grow differently. Welcome to the world, Spinach (blue case) and Tomato (pink).

Spinach weighs in at 10 oz and 2 years old at the end of today.
Tomato weights 57 oz!! My friend fed her too much candy, I think. xD

tomatospinach.png

We had lunch and coffee together, then did some shopping.

I warned my friend about feeding Tomato too much candy. I'm sad to say Tomato has already passed on.

I'm confused about the discrepancy in their ages, however. Although they hatched at about the same time, my Spinach became a teenager at 3 years old after Tomato had passed earlier in the morning at 4 years old. That's a little weird, isn't it?

RIPTOMATO.pngSPINACH.png

If my friend shares the progress with the next tama, I'll continue to share~ But at least Spinach's life updates will be shared here. Currently she's asleep. I really wish the device let me clear her poop while she was sleeping. It's so gross to just sleep with it there. 😭

Yesterday, my new Tamagotchis arrived! I now have a Tamagotchi Uni and a P2. I'm not confident I can run more than 1 Tama at a time right now between work and life, but in the future I'll give them a shot.

For now, an update on Spinach:

tamaspinach.png

She's grown into Mametchi, so I've been taking good care of her~ It's a bit of a blur HOW because I've all I've done this past week is work, lol. I'm finding the care system is much more forgiving than it was when I was a kid. Or I guess I have a better understanding it now, at least haha.

While taking care of her, I've been streaming the Eras Tour because my friends are seeing Taylor Swift in Singapore now. I already went when she was in America, but I want to keep up with my friends are doing I guess xD

Spinach is still kicking of course.

spinachDay7.png

And despite JUST saying I would wait before running another Tamagotchi, I went ahead and gave Spinach a little sister xD

SpinachAndSister.png

You can tell by her face that she's soooooo excited.

I would've waited longer, but I found that you can turn off / pause the device. So, since my schedule is clear tomorrow to play around some more, I went ahead and jumped in. I'll see how long I last without feeling the need to pause the play, but having it as an option gives me some peace of mind.

First impressions of the Uni:
- The sounds and colors are really pleasing and interesting coming from a P1.
- The set up process was simple and easy.
- Inputting all the codes for previously released items all at once was annoying!!!! But I'm caught up now so it won't be so tedious again.
- The meters take a long time to fill up... I like how much simpler the P1 is in comparison.
- But the games and TamaMall are much more fun!

She's asleep now, but Lionetchi is so adorable!

lionetchi.png

I took my Tamgotchis out and enjoyed some study time at a local cafe. I had an apple cinnamon latte and Lionetchi grew up into Labilatchi!

I perused the Tamagotchi Wiki and found a bunch of download codes for accessories and items. And I am obsessed with these glasses! They look so cute on her~

dayout.png

Spinach is 8 years old now, and as well behaved and healthy as ever.

Wow! She grew into Neliatachi!! She's so adorable I could cry! I was surprised to get her as my first Uni run--I had to avoid all care mistakes to achieve it. I'm really glad Tamagotchis aren't super high maintenance. I can enjoy it even between work, study, and life~

tamasleepy.png

To celebrate, she went on a date and she traveled for the first time. I got a Rococo sofa from the holiday, and it looks adorable in the living space. I kinda like how she looks without accessories, so I removed them all when I got home haha. She's so cute--I just love the flowers in her hair.

She's getting sleepy and I'll have to let her sleep soon--look at her yawning.

Spinach is 9 years old today~

spinachday9.png

I didn't update this weekend because I tend to work all weekend. I was too tired!! I'm so grateful for the babysitting function on the Uni because there is no way I would've been able to juggle both tamas at work. Just Spinach was enough.

Speaking of the bigger sister, Spinach is thirteen years old! I can tell she's getting old--I need to feed and play with her more often to keep her hearts full. Spinach is actually the second Tama I'm running on the P1. The first one--Broccoli--was also a Mametchi but she died at 13 years old. I had fed her candy a couple times, so I think that's why Spinach is going to last a little longer.

spinachdayiforgor.png
Once Spinach passes, I'm going to give the P1 a break and play with a P2 I have waiting to be opened~ But for now let's see how long Spinach can live.

As for Neliatchi, she's 7 days old today! I celebrated by redecorating her room and playing lots of games.

sisterday7.png

I like the amount of content the uni has! I've seen some complaints that there isn't enough content compared to other Tamagotchi models, but I think it's the perfect amount coming from GEN 1/2. I'm playing for nostalgia, so I don't really need anything else.

This morning my friend and I watched Dune Part 2. It was really good! I didn't love the first one, and I thought the second one was more interesting. My plans now are to read the books because I think it'll be the best way to get a sense of the world and lore.

After a movie and lunch, we parted ways and I went for a run. Though after the run, I realized I forgot my elevator key!! So I had a SECOND workout walking up fifteen flights of stairs...

But anyway, during the run, I did a Tama Walk with Neliatchi. I used the materials to do my first craft! A big bow! I wanted her to wear it on her back, but her hair is so long that you can't see it. So I just removed it lol. Maybe it'll look good on the next Tamagotchi.

And speaking of the next Tamagotchi, she asked to leave today! I wanted to say yes / grant her her freedom, but I wasn't fast enough to click so she stayed anyway. My plan was to take a break from the Uni and turn it off once she left the egg, but I couldn't find a pin or something to activate the reset/off menu. Next time she asks, I'll be ready.

Spinach is still kicking!! 14 years old! Maybe it's not a lot, but it's the oldest Tamagotchi I've had so far.

march12.png

Neliatchi married / moved out! My phone was charging in the other room when it all went down so I don't have any photos, but she left a blue egg behind! I turned the Tamagotchi off here using the "pause" function I describe here. I really love the Uni, but I do need a break before jumping into raising another one.

As for Spinach, she's getting hungrier and unhappy faster and faster. Today was a busy day at work, too, so I committed as couple care mistakes--she cried for food/games and I was too busy to notice. She's 16 years old and 30 oz tonight. I'll see how she's feeling in the morning.

Spinach passed on today after 17 years of life. :( Rest in peace, Spinach.

Refection--

Overall, I found managing two Tamagotchis a little difficult. From now on, I will definitely run one at a time no matter the type. It's just too much to juggle between a job, life, and relationships, lol. Granted, I learned a lot! I love the Uni's colors and content. I like how there's online content and you can interact with / marry other Tamagotchi. I also enjoyed dressing up my Tamagotchi in different outfits! Granted, her final/adult form was tooooooo cute and I didn't want to distract from her natural beauty hahaha.

The P1 feels the most nostalgic, obviously. I like the simplicity.

What I dislike about Tamagotchis in general, though, is that your ability to care for your Tamagotchi affects the evolution first and foremost. I'm someone who doesn't make care mistakes, so I get the same ones every time. And I feel silly making mistakes on purpose just to get a different Tamagotchi that will be more difficult to manage lol. If I could change one thing, it would be that care affects how quickly they become unhappy/hungry ONLY. Randomize the evolution a little bit otherwise.

Anyway, I'll take a break from this thread for now~ Maybe I'll return when I start up my P2!

Thanks for reading~

- Matches

I don't have any photos, but I have been playing my P2 for about a week now. I love it so much!! It's my new favorite!!!

Why?

First and foremost, the game. The 50/50 chance game on the P1 is so frustrating when you're just trying to make your Tama happy.
:<_<: I've gotten so frustrated losing multiple times in a row because of chance. On the P2, the game is "higher or lower?" with numbers 1-9. You usually win as long as you use a little bit of logic!

Also I think Mimitchi is cuter than Mametchi.. So when I'm someone who makes few to zero care mistakes, I always get the best taken care of adult lol.

Then of course everything I like about the P1/P2 over smart Tamas: simple and nostalgic. Not super high maintenance.

Speaking of nostalgia, I've been away for a few days because I've been playing Neopets again. xD Feel free to find me there as polarbearkidd.

Latest posts

Back