Meets app possible shut down?

Help Support TamaTalk:

Eozeda

Reaction score
I have read on the Tamagotchi subreddit that there has been an announcement by Bandai that they'll be shutting down the Japanese Meets app as of February, 28 2022. 😭 So far without discovering an article link, it's just a rumour however. Does anyone here who can possibly search for Japanese news articles have an idea about where this rumour came from?

The subreddit also specified the Japanese Meets, so no clue if this means the On app at the same date, but such sad news regardless! Hopefully this person has misunderstood or is just messing with everyone.  :(

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
Sadly, this is true. 

Here is the official announcement on the Tamagotchi website: https://toy.bandai.co.jp/series/tamagotchi/topics/detail/1918/

The Japanese Meets app will cease operation February 28, 2022. It's important to note this is Japan time, so depending on your region the last day you might be able to use the app is February 27. 

The good news is that the On app is completely separate from the Meets app, and there's no word on that shutting down anytime soon, so play on!

Last edited by a moderator:

iAM

TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Although I don’t play with the meets app anymore, I feel sad that it will be gone! It was released late 2019 which is not a long time and I genuinely thought new features will be added in the future.  :(

Farewell meets app! Let’s see what Bandai have in store for us.  :rolleyes:

UBettaUBet

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is a silly question, but does this mean it would be pointless for me to get any Tamagotchi Meets? I have a couple on my wish list... 😕

Eozeda

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is a silly question, but does this mean it would be pointless for me to get any Tamagotchi Meets? I have a couple on my wish list... 😕
No worries that's not a silly question at all! I'm sure many are wondering what functions might remain without the app. I feel with the existence of the Mymeets app and the Magic Hut plugin for it, I definitely think it's still worth it. There's potential we may even see more plugins made in the future based on fans desiring them. The app (it's more like a computer program) gives you the option to randomize a created character until it's one you'd like to marry, which gives a similar feeling to the meets app looking for a mate.

Plus you have every downloadable on the program without need of the official app, and the very cool features offered at the Magic Hut location. You just need a pc with bluetooth or a dongle. In my opinion as pretty as the shells are, and seeing how the closure of Tamatown didn't kill our love for our Connection devices, it's definitely still worth it! But maybe I'm biased to my Tamas.  :wub:

UBettaUBet

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your thoughtful and helpful response, Eozeda. I'm diving right into the community so still have much to learn. It's all very exciting though, of course. :)

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Meets app and the On app? I have a Meets, but just use it in the On app. I’m wondering if I’ve been missing out on anything by doing this.

iAM

TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Meets app and the On app? I have a Meets, but just use it in the On app. I’m wondering if I’ve been missing out on anything by doing this.
No the Meets and On apps are completely separated.

divino

Reaction score
I am like 80% sure I read somewhere that Bandai announced the ON app isn't shutting down, but I can't find anything online about it. I shall investigate more.

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear they're not shutting down the app. I don't have an On yet but am considering getting one next year. So it will be nice to be able to play with the app.

Reactions: iAM