Micropup - No Training Button?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodAudri

Reaction score
I have a micropup. I think it was a kfc model and the previous owner removed the kfc stamp. It doesn't have a training button, only 8 icons, no bell.
Can someone please explain what is causing the discipline meter to go up at times I didn't use the disciple feature? I'd really like to keep the health meter at 95 or higher, but using the discipline feature knocks at least 4 points off health for only 30-40 points of discipline which seems to be used up faster than health returns.. or its a close call.

The thing is my discipline meter got down to 21 and went back up to 50 without me disciplining. Its been doing these boosts several times a day, but I can't figure out how to intentionally cause this effect that increases discipline without using the discipline icon that decreases health. I thought it was giving a treat, but that didnt work the 2nd try.. So, I I thought maybe playing a lot extra and then giving a treat but that doesn't seem to be it. I thought it might be letting him get down to 75 hunger before feeding him because that correalted with a discipline boost but thats not doing it either. He'll only take a bath a couple times a day and it doesn't help discipline. He won't go to the vet unless sick.

I cant figure out what's causing these discipline boosts!?

Has anyone figured out how to increase in the disciple meter without using the discipline button that cuts down health? For the micropup model? (The instructions don't explain at all. They just say he's gotta stay at 95 health to live the longest.)

I don't understand how to accomplish that using the discpline button unless maybe careful timing of disciplining every time health hits 99?

There is no training bell feature on this one. It only has 8 icons, not 9.

Update:

I've kept working with it. I still don't know what causes the "random" discipline raises. But...

Micropup doesnt lose health while it sleeps. So, if I make sure health is maxed at 99 at bedtime, health will still be 99 in the morning. This allows me to refill all his needs (food, play, and discipline) 1st thing in the morning. Discipline only takes 4 health. So, that keeps me at 95.

If I give up worrying about overfeeding and feed and play with him as soon as those stats hit the low 90s, the health meter grows fast enough that it hits 99 again before discipline hits 70. (Yesterday, I was feeding at 75 hunger cause 1 meal adds 25 and I read that's good for them, but the micropup isnt a regular gigapet. So, maybe different rules?).

With micropup, 1 disciplining takes 4 health and adds 30-40 discipline (I think its 40, but I'm not sure).

So, if I keep the hunger and happiness meters in the 90s, I get plenty of health to keep discipline between 70-99... while keeping health betwern 95-99. I did at one point yesterday have 73 health and at another I had 21 discipline.... by the end of the day I had 99 health and 99 discipline. So, it is possible, at least in the first couple days, to recover a lot with constant attention.

He does need pretty constant attention it seems. I'm trying to check every 5 minutes. I know when I hit 20 minutes away, the hunger and happiness stats went from 99 to 83!

I'm having fun with it. Its becoming habit to check it all the time. Almost feels like a fidget to do a check, play, feed every few minutes.

The happiness play game couldn't be easier and that helps too. You just push left or right like 5-10 times quickly depending which way the ball is going. I'm not a fast person and this is effortless to be fast enough. It only takes 5-10 seconds to boost happiness 25 points. About as quick as feeding!

(Compared to the koala, I never got close to mastering that climbing game.)

Last edited:
Day 4:
Helping micropup every 5-10 minutes was fun for about half a day.
As of now, I'm taking excellent care of him by tamagotchi standards. He nearly died today when I went back to bed for 2 hours after taking care of all his needs at 7am.

Its 8:30 pm. His health is only up to 68. Meanwhile my tamagotchi couldn't be happier all day long.

Micropup will live however long he lives.

It's super unrealistic to work to maintain a 99 health just to spend 4 health on discipline several times a day without dropping below the recommended 95.

Final Update:
Flash the micropup made it to day 8. I must admit I was sick the day before and didnt do my best at all. I had a feeling this might happen. He did grow to a full size dog yesterday which was a nice suprise.

RIP Flash
Time of death: 8:31am, Christmas morning 2022, 8 days old

Now I can take a break from Giga Pets for a little while and stick to my Tamagotchis: Giggles and Christy. For me, this Micropup experience was intense!

Latest posts

Back