My experience with my new Tama Pierce! (q's bolded for the impatient!)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello again! :)

So...IT BEGINS!

My boyfriend got me a P2 as a nostalgic present, and I've gone into full Tamagotchi collection mode! I will call my new P's a "Pierce" as not to confuse it with the P1 & P2. (Also P's doesn't sound right...)

Day 1
(this is NOT a log, just a 2 day snapshot plus some questions! It does not fit in "logs" or "help for new owners" because it's a combo of both + a sort of review!)

I was surprised that the box was smaller that the P1 & 2, yet the Tamagotchi itself is a lovely, comfortable size. It fits nicely in my hand. :wub: It is just as pretty up close as I was expecting. :wub:

I chose a white one after countless deliberation...The lemon one made me feel happy, the pink was pretty, the green was striking & creative....but the white was just so beautiful.
I considered getting the ultimate pink & white coloured one that comes with the Aikatsu! Pierce...but it only looks slightly nicer for double the price. I am not even that interested in the Aikatsu! Pierce anyway.

There is an IR device heading my way for the English patch, but for now I was navigating blind. Blind I say!

:huh: So there are guides and translations available, but when I first turned it on there were two questions that nobody seems to have mentioned. (before the part where you enter the time/date/your name)

I just randomly selected my answers and then set the day & time. I looked up some Hiragana so I could input my name.

I used this blog as an excellent rough guide:

https://pyrotarukia.tumblr.com/tamagotchi-ps-guide

At first I was worried about all the options, the small size of the screen in comparison to my poor eyesight & the amount of features. However after a day my eyes quickly adjusted and there was no problem.

A small pink girl creature was born! I have no idea if the colour/gender is random or if it had anything to do with the two questions at the start. (?)

I figured out all the basics, like how to feed her some rice. I thought the other option was soy beans, but it turns out it was a bowl of sweets. Brown sweets. Brown sweets that look like meatballs or soy beans.

She seemed to love being bathed, so I bathed her a few times in the day & that didn't bother her at all.

I didn't understand a lot of what was happening, and as a baby most of the options are unavailable so at first I admit to being slightly worried I just bought a super-pretty, colorful version of essentially the same old thing as the original.

It went and stood in the rain with a smiling face and got itself sick to the power of two skulls! She seemed so happy the little weirdo! Or am I the weirdo who accidentally pressed a button to send her standing outside in the pouring rain??

I remembered from You Tube videos the little clover was the medicine button. She recovered easily, just like the older versions.

After having fun playing the two mini games & becoming familiar with the basic operation she turned into a child! She is a white fluffy girl with rosy cheek! Exceptionally cute!

It was raining outside of her house and she fell asleep with the light on. I missed switching the light out. I searched all of the menus trying to find a way to turn it out, googled it and had to accept that I now had a girl pet-creature-or friend? who goes to the toilet on the ground, but can tuck herself into bed and attend arcades.
Oh well, she is adorable nevertheless.

She slept with the raining soothing her sleep.

Day 2 (Today)

With more games and options opening up, I could see this was definitely the right choice. I love my Tamagotchi Pierce already!

My interpretation of the two mini games is one is jump-rope, and the other is a version of a classic game before my time (that has been re-invented a few times) called "Fire"
https://www.mariowiki.com/Fire_(Game_%26_Watch)

Instead of catching people you catch rice balls and browns sweets. Sometimes they turn into stars for reasons I don't understand. An anthropomorphic brown blob appears. I don't know if it is helping or hindering you? It seems to be either throwing candy Donkey-Kong style, or eating the candy.

**Writing this brought up an unrelated struggle I have with "unsure statements" people have in conversational English.** (Please forgive my horrible grammar.)**
https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/qMarks.asp

• She (name of white creature with pink cheeks is unknown) ate at the Cafeteria
  • plays the mini games many times
  • has more baths
  • Is "painted" 3 different colours. (very cute!)
  • goes to the park-speaks with some other Tamagotchis as well as a Tamagotchi pet.
  • has a walk outside and catches a flying piece of paper I am awesome enough (check the modesty! ;P ) to work out is some sort of advertisement for the arcade.
    I go and check it out & see my assumption was correct! She earns lots of Gotchi-points whilst playing!
I bought her a pink plushie, vacuum, (wow...what a thoughtful gift!), and try to save for a movie thingy. (clapperboard) None of the gifts appear in the house or in what I thought was the Toy-Box. When I press the C button accidently I notice she looks into a mirror and hearts appear. So I decide that must mean she wants a mirror. (?)

When I buy her a mirror it doesn't seem to change anything. I realize this is the extent of my comprehension without an English-Patch or looking through these forums.

I have no idea if the splodges underneath the hunger bar are for her happiness? Or why nothing she eats, visits or buys seem to make her happy?
Is this Tamagotchi depression? (*jokes!*)

I spend the rest of the day feeding her, cleaning her, and only playing the mini games are eating to keep the weight low.

Is the symbol next to the splodges a mirror or a tennis-raquet? Is she vain or sporty? Or sporty-vain? Vainster?

After seeing all I could see with my limited knowledge and Yumemiru Ribbon Pierce coming in the mail she falls asleep. I reach the end of my travels alone, and now it's time to head to the "help for new owners" section to figure the rest out! :)

I wish you all a lovely time on your Tamagotchi adventure! :) Thank you for reading this! :)

Congrats on your P's! It's a great Tamagotchi, lots of fun an reply value. I really enjoy mine. ^_^ Just to help you out where I can;

1) The two questions when you loaded your Tamagotchi up will have said 'Load or Reset?' And then, 'are you sure? Yes/No'. This happens whenever you put new batteries in; it allows you to load your previous game, rather than having to start afresh every time the batteries die. For reference, I believe the first option is 'Load' and the second 'Reset', just so you know when you're changing the batteries.

2) Which brings us on to, did those questions influence your Tama? The answer is no. If you reset (sounds like you did), then the first Tamagotchi you get is completely random. I almost always get boys.

3) Pressing the 'B' button when you have no menu icon selected will take your Tamagotchi into the garden. Here you get various animations as well as events, such as catching coupons (as you did with the Double Points at the Arcade; you can also get coupons for money off certain items, but you have to use them then and there, you don't keep them), getting mail if you've connected or having the Food Cart visit. Pressing 'B' when you're in the garden takes you to the clock screen. Pressing 'B' a third time returns you to the main screen.

4) In the game, I believe the creature is just trying to block your view, so you don't know which path the food is travelling down. The stars are teleporters; if the food touches one, it'll appear out of the other rather than taking it's normal route. Stars appear on level two and the creature appears on level three.

5) Pressing the 'C' button when you have nothing selected and are on the main screen plays a random animation (there are three or four, I think). I think it's mostly to show case all the different sprites and allows you to see each Tamagotchi's 'happy', 'sad', 'running' etc. animations. It doesn't 'do' or indicate anything.

6) I don't have my P's up and running currently, but I believe the shapes under the hunger bar are the puzzle piece slots. You can't collect puzzle pieces until your Tamagotchi is an adult. Puzzle pieces are collected by finding the Tamagotchi's favourite toys/clothing/food/etc., and the final one is from keeping an adult alive for 48 hours. The happiness bar is actually the blue crescent to the side of the screen.

7) The image on this screen can be one of five; a mirror (stylish), a knife and fork (gormet), a star (charisma), a flexing arm (strength) or a pencil (intelligence). This is your Tamagotchi's personality trait; many different things can influence your Tamagotchi's personality trait, such as what items they play with or the food they eat. The personality trait a Tamagotchi has will be one of the determining factors in which Tamagotchi it evolves into. Your Tamagotchi can actually have more than one personality trait at one time; only one image will show but it will switch between the two traits/images every time you load the stats screen.

I hope this helps! Feel free to ask any more questions you might have and I hope you continue to enjoy your new Tamagotchi!

Hi JesterxLady! :)

Thank you for such a kind and helpful reply! :)

These answers truly clear a lot up for me, I appreciate it. Did you end up putting an English patch on? How did you learn all about your Pierce?

Which Pierces do you have? Any favourites?

5) Pressing the 'C' button when you have nothing selected and are on the main screen plays a random animation (there are three or four, I think). I think it's mostly to show case all the different sprites and allows you to see each Tamagotchi's 'happy', 'sad', 'running' etc. animations. It doesn't 'do' or indicate anything.
Aww...I thought it was a good way to figure out what they wanted. Like "The Sims" or "Tomodachi Life" where a thought bubble will appear of the character's head, and you can see what they are thinking about.

I enjoyed leaving her at daycare for a couple of hours today. It created the first memory of her drawing with the other children for the notebook. :) I think the daycare is a really sweet idea. :wub:

Does walking to various locations or going to the park in the rain make them sick?

No problem! Glad to have helped. ^_^

Yes, I have the English patch on mine. =) It isn't necessary, but I do prefer it. I found out about my P's with a combination of Tamagothi forums, the official guide book (all in Japanese) and trial and error. I had also already been running an iD LE for two years by that point, which has very similar game play.

I have quite a few of the pierces; four of the Change pierces (Fairy Change!, Royal Change!, Dream to Change! and Anniversary Change!) and five of the regular pierces (Star Circus, Love&Melody, MelodyLand, Berry Sweets and Miracrise). When I was first researching the pierces I didn't think I'd like the Change pierces very much, as they don't have additional games, but actually I love them! They have some gorgeous designs. Of the four, Royal Change! is probably my favourite, as I think the theme is beautiful and actually quite sophisticated; it also has my favourite wallpaper. Fairy Change! is also very pretty and has a lovely colour scheme, whereas the other two are a bit more 'fun' (particularly Anniversary Change!). I love the items on the Dream to Change! pierce as everything is all fluffy and sleepy looking.

Of the other five, choosing a favourite is a bit more tricky! Star Circus is one of my favourites, but quite unpopular with a lot of people. I really like the theme, I think the location you can go to is fun and I adore designs of the three new Tamas you can raise on it. However, the game that come with it is kind of boring in my opinion. MelodyLand seems to have the most content of any of the pierces and the game is entertaining, but I am not a fan of the banner or Tamagotchi designs. Love&Melody probably has the best game, but it's design is less 'fantasy' than the rest as it's based off of TamaTown, and it's Tamagotchi designs are taken from previous models. Berry Sweets is a nice pierce, with a nice combination of good Tamagotchi designs and pretty looking items. Miracrise also has an enjoyable game and a gorgeous design, if a little excessively pink! That said, two of it's new Tamagotchi designs are nearly identical and it's a tie in with the anime, which I think shows.

Overall, I'd probably recommend Royal Change! and Berry Sweets to others, although Star Circus and Anniversary Change! are both great pierces and cheap. I used to watch review videos to get an idea of what was on each pierce before I decided which ones to buy.

Aww...I thought it was a good way to figure out what they wanted. Like "The Sims" or "Tomodachi Life" where a thought bubble will appear of the character's head, and you can see what they are thinking about.
Ah, that would have been such a great idea! Sadly, it does not appear to be the case though. =( I also love the day care, it's cute and useful! I also love how they store 'memories' in the notebook (which lasts over generations, so I still have entries from previous Tamas).

As far as I am aware, walking in the rain doesn't have any adverse effects on your Tamagotchi. =)

My experience with Kiraritchi and the hapless owner continued! :)

So I thought it would be amusing to continue writing about my experience before I look up some answers! :)

I found 3 of her puzzle pieces by myself. I liked how they correlated to her personality. I found it pretty easy to guess what they were. I realize saying that would be a spoiler alert, and I know how that feels (so I won't say what they were). I was reading up about the P's and accidentally stumbled across the 4th one in a guide.

I felt happy when she had all the pieces, and felt like she could finally date. I had decided that I didn't want her dating until she knew what made her happy! :)

Another door destination opened up. I'm going to describe what it was like for someone who doesn't understand what is going on-I will look it up later! :)

I entered a cute little forest with smiling trees. Kiraritchi was eaten by a tree. Rainbow smoke appeared to cover up the crime with music and visual distractions. Kiraritchi was transported to science lab and greeted by a man in mask. It was the same man who greets you at the dream school. He spoke to her in Japanese, never taking off his bizarre mask. Nothing was done in the science lab. Kiraritchi is transported back home. She is unharmed, but confused!

Kiraritchi wonders if she will ever go back to the strange forest again, and if there is a point. She asked me to look it up, so I will.

I am debating whether Mametchi or Righttchi is the best match for my little Kiraritchi. Perhaps Righttchi because Mametchi seems like a match for Lovelitchi.

Her diary has three entries. She drew pictures at the daycare, sung at the dream school and seemed to do a good job of cooking too!

I check outside often hoping for another discount flyer to drop down so I can play at the arcade. I want to be able to afford the Tama Reform. I have all the puzzle pieces, I've tried most of the food (except for the stuff on the wagon, I'm always broke/already full when it shows up) and tools. The only things left to buy are the clothes and new homes.

Kiraritchi wants a pet and to start dating. She is tired of being alone, and wants to explore the world! I agreed, but said she better get skipping. For some reason my girl, if you skip all day you will get money, and then you can spend it in the big world out there.

So she went skipping in a Tiara. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back