My gen 1 Tama died despite full health and happy bar?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Historydoll

Reaction score
Hi there. I recently got the re released gen 1 tamagotchi. I'm completely new to the tamagotchi game and have never played before. I tried to be very diligent and always kept it happy and fed and checked regularly to remove poop and to give medicine when sick yet today it died at 6 yr despite full bars and almost full discipline. My only thought is that to make it happy I had been feeding it snacks and I didn't play the game with it very much at all. I just thought it needed snacks to be happy and the game was optional. Is this what caused the premature death? Also it didn't make any noise when it was dying I only noticed cos I picked it up to look. It doesn't always make noise when it's sick or pooped idk if that's normal. Id appreciate any advice at all on how to keep it alive. 

Also do all tamagotchi just look like a generic blob or do they eventually develop Into one of the various character?

Thanks!

Feeding a tamagotchi snacks can make them unhealthy, so can failing to turn the lights off in time after they fall asleep

It is odd to see a tamagotchi perish so soon, but the gen 1s are more unforgiving than later releases so it can take a little getting used to if you've not played them before

The Gen 1/Gen 2 re-releases altered the gameplay slightly from the original 1996/1997 versions, such that too many snacks will kill a Tamagotchi before it reaches adulthood, and even a few can negatively influence what evolutions you get. So, yes, unfortunately this is what caused the premature death. The game is not optional on these re-releases, even though it more-or-less was on the 1990s versions on which they're based (snacks and weight didn't really make a difference back then).

It should've made a noise when it was dying, though it's normal for this version not to make sounds when it poops or is sick.

Last but not least, your Tamagotchi will evolve into one of the adult characters based on how it was raised, as long as you can get it to adulthood. A character-list can be viewed here.

Good luck with your next attempt! :)

Unfortunately, snacks in re-releases are like poison. Feed it too many, and it dies. It's quite sad to have a tama die so soon, but best of luck next time!

I heard that if you feed a tama too many snacks (Which BTW is 15) that it can get a cavity. So it's better to just stick to feeding it meals as I do with my tama. Best of luck next time! Also, it does evolve into a character when it reaches adulthood. The stages are as follows: Egg, newborn, toddler, 1 of 2 teenagers, 1 of 6 adults, and sometimes the secret character.

Last edited:
I guess maybe It was for future Tamagotchis like pix or something..... I found that on the Tamagotchi fandom wiki sooooo IDK. Like I said I'm new here it probably was a fake or something???🤔🤔

I was trying to get a different Tama on my Gen 1 reroll and I spammed the poor thing with candies... It did not go well and I feel kinda bad haha. :(

That must still be painful, even after a year. My sister's tama left us at 4 years old as well two days ago. He was sick, and she was busy.

It could’ve become too fat from snacks and turned into Debutchi, a big fat Tama, if left as Debutchi for 24 hours, the Tama will go back to his home planet.

Attachments

• IMG_8184.jpeg
    IMG_8184.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
The Gen 1/Gen 2 re-releases altered the gameplay slightly from the original 1996/1997 versions, such that too many snacks will kill a Tamagotchi before it reaches adulthood, and even a few can negatively influence what evolutions you get. So, yes, unfortunately this is what caused the premature death. The game is not optional on these re-releases, even though it more-or-less was on the 1990s versions on which they're based (snacks and weight didn't really make a difference back then).

It should've made a noise when it was dying, though it's normal for this version not to make sounds when it poops or is sick.

Last but not least, your Tamagotchi will evolve into one of the adult characters based on how it was raised, as long as you can get it to adulthood. A character-list can be viewed here.

Good luck with your next attempt! :)
I kept a close eye in mine, I kept it clean and always had full hearts never gave it a snack and it still died. Everything I try it always dies between 3 and 5 days(yrs) I think mine Is just broken 😆

Latest posts

Back