My Meebas Review

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
This is my first review! I'm gonna try to cover as much as I can + post some pictures of mine. So! Lets get started.

I recently bought the pink My Meeba. It was used, and thus didn't come with the plush inside, but I'm happy with it the way it is.

Hardware:

My Meebas take two (2) AAA batteries. It has a sliding screen, three (3) buttons for maneuvering your meeba, as well as a reset button is located on the left of the main screen. Finally, there is another button to open the lid of the cylinder part of the toy.

6h0l6Wv.png

To start up the device, you have to take it out of "demo mode". To do this, push any button, then set the screen all the way at the bottom for two seconds, then finally set the screen at at the very top. A small animation will play and then you're ready to start it up!

XgdXFOM.png

Basics:

You start off with a little baby blob. they look akin to a tiny raindrop. From here, you have a few things to do. There are no feeding or cleaning options for this toy, which is great if you want something low maintenance or something to pass time. They grow and evolve like a tama, but dont need all the attention of a tama.

The right side of the screen has a few "portals" with cute little animations you can play with, while the left side has different games for you to play! The very top of the screen has a small heart, thats where you can see how many hearts your meeba has. To swim to the "portals" you move the screen up or down, then use the little arrow keys to swim to them until you hear a little "ping"

Evolving your meeba:

Meebas can evolve seven (7) separate times by gaining hearts. They gain hearts by playing games! Once your meeba has at least three (3) hearts, you can choose to evolve it or keep gaining hearts until it has five (5) in total. There are two set games, plus another that changes when your meeba evolves. The games are pretty easy.

The game that you can play in the top portal is a card matching game, match all the cards without too many mistakes and your little Meeba friend will be happy!

2pLdQVO.png

The second portal is a bowling game. An arrow goes from left to right indicating where your bowling ball will land. Hit the center button to choose where you want your ball to go.

lKrh4PK.png

The third portal changes with each evolution it looks like. I'll update this one as I see my buddy grow.

1st evolution game: Cup game. Meeba will hide under a flower and get switched around 3 times, you get to keep track of your friend and find him by using the arrows and hitting the enter button on the flower you think they're in.

2nd evolution game: Eat the flowers! Your meeba swims through the screen and its your job to help them eat some tasty treats. Hit the enter button to help them eat as many flowers as they can!

uY5Mm0w.png

Pros and cons:

Pros:

- Very cute animations and characters!

- Super cute concept

- Easy to pick up and play with

- Innovative design

- Low maintenance

Cons:

- The sounds can get annoying pretty quick and there's no mute button

- The set games can get tedious after a while, the third game is a life saver

- It feels a bit bulky since you can't take the screen off the tube

- No time or nurturing settings, depends on games alone

Overall: SUPER CUTE! I'd recommend it, but I'm pretty partial to low maintenance "v-pets"

More detail + pictures to come

~ Miau :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch! It was fun and I hadn't seen any in-depth reviews of this little guy.

it deserved some more love!!

~ Miau :wub:

I have one! But after getting the toy out I lost interest in it pretty quickly.

This will be the final part of the review, I probably should have done all of it in one post, but live and learn i suppose

I'll be covering the rest of the games now

3rd Evolution game: Flower Snacks

Feed your meeba some flowers! Scroll up and down the tube to find them. Press the middle button to let your friend eat the bloom

2zylvr4.jpg

4th Evolution game: Basketball

Shoot some hoops with your little friend!

9rptgy.jpg

5th Evolution game: Flower planting

Help your meeba plant some flowers! Throw the seed in the pots coming through the conveyor belt

2vn3puf.jpg

6th Evolution game: Help the flowers grow

Water the plants with your meeba, slide the tube up when prompted to watch them grow!

v82a04.jpg

Final Evolution: Review games

From here, you can revisit old evolution games. You can't choose which one though. You can access this by pressing the middle button while looking at your meeba's face. He dreams it for you!

al7034.jpg

And finally... after you have 3 hearts, you'll be asked if you'd like to open your tube!!

209o9wx.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks for tuning in! It's a really cute little toy, but I don't think I'll be playing with it again for some time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!!

~Miau :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back