MyMeets keeps freezing?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
(Sorry if I miscategorized it, idk if it goes in here or in "Help for Tamagotchi Owners".)

So the sweet child on my Magic ON died (RIP) and I was like "okay, time to put the ON away and focus on another Tama" and that's what I did. After like a month I decided to reset my ON, and the first thing I did after the hectic Don't Miss the Care Calls Baby Hour was over was to go get a pretty wallpaper.

So I headed over to my pc and opened the MyMeets app and proceeded to choose a chic wallpaper for my Hoshipontchi. Setting the GotchiPoints thing to 9999, I opened up the CONNECT thing on my tama and tried to download the wallpaper like I'd done before.

The tama itself was ready for download, showing those two little heart things and displaying the "CONNECTING..." text. However, the MyMeets app froze and I had to X it out because I couldn't do anything else on it. I tried again multiple times on the same computer, and that's what happened. I also tried on my laptop, and sadly the same thing occurred.

I'm not sure why it isn't working. It worked before. Help?

Extra info:

- I have Windows 10 on both computers.

- I updated both computers during the time when I wasn't using my ON.

- I downloaded the wallpaper from the "English" section of the app.

- I am decent at most tech, but not very savvy when it comes to delving deep into the actual settings, code, and weird numbers of the device itself, so I might need more specific instructions. sorry about that.

- MyMeets mostly worked before my break. I remember that the last time I used MyMeets before my hiatus it started freezing too, but I didn't worry much at the time because everything was already downloaded. 

- I do not have any Meets, just two Magic ONs. I've been using the purple one, but it doesn't work with my green one, either.

- It was the first time my Tama had died.

- My WiFi is pretty fast and I wouldn't associate any of this with connection issues.

- Before I open the app, it says that "Windows Smart Screen Can't Be Reached Right Now" but I click "Run" anyway and it opens the app. This has always happened so I don't think it really correlates with MyMeets freezing.

I'm grateful ahead of time for any help you guys provide! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Check Bluetooth is on...

also, check how much is actually running on your computer. So if you have extra stuff open like music, cds, internet windows..etc, maybe close some stuff out. Make sure it’s finished all it’s start up stuff. Make sure antivirus is done because that sucks up a far amount of “do power” It could also be a firewall sort of issue, which is beyond my knowledge (for good reason) 

Thank you! I'll try that. My bluetooth is on but I think it could be the windows -- it's a bad habit of mine to keep them open... Also I don't think I have any firewall issues or anything like that?? o_O 

OK so this happened when I opened it:

(sorry for the low resolution it wouldn't let me upload otherwise)

Screenshot (105)2.png

EDIT:

It says...

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click

Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If

you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path

'C:\WINDOWS\system32\assets\items\en'."

I know this might be a long shot, but can you pair your tama like you pair headphones or speakers? I use Bluetooth on my phone for Tamas or whatever. I have never have had much luck with Bluetooth, I use a netbook though when I have issues. 

pop details open? 

i tend to get the same problem when i forget to turn bluetooth on before trying to connect, but it also looks like for some reason, windows is trying to pull the paths for MyMeets from the system folders instead of the MyMeets folder like it's supposed to

if you're making sure bluetooth is on already, maybe try re-downloading MyMeets, if that doesn't work, it may be a bug in the most recent update

What happened with mine was the same, but now my Magical Meets works perfectly! There has only ever been 1 error connecting it to my laptop, and every other time its worked like magic. But, with what your saying I'm thinking you don't have Bluetooth Low-Energy support. Granted, I know very little about Bluetooth, but downloading the application doesn't effect anything to do with Bluetooth. Once you get to the screen when it shows you what you want and how to get to the corresponding menu, its enabled as soon as you click connect. So, if there's an option on your computer to see what your energy support is like, double check it.

If you want to bypass this, you could always buy a Bluetooth Dongle. You'll be able to get them in most computing stores near you. If this isn't the case, you can buy them from Ebay and Amazon, linked here. Granted, they are quite pricey depending on how frequently you are going to be connecting, but it does all of the work.

You also mentioned about both computers of yours having Windows 10, and that's a requirement. But it also states that it needs 'Windows 10 FULLY UPDATED' to function. So, if you haven't done so already make sure to update your computer(s) before proceeding. 

Lastly, due to Bandai being difficult (honestly!) they have stopped connections between non-'licensed' applications to do with ONs or Meets. By this, its impossible for you to have one device and connect them both to each platform. Bandai (if I'm correct) will stop you being able to pair your Tamagotchi to both. So, if you use or have used the app, then this may be the culprit.

I know this is off topic.. but I have a question..

Where do you go to download the meets app on windows 10?  :eek:

You also mentioned about both computers of yours having Windows 10, and that's a requirement. But it also states that it needs 'Windows 10 FULLY UPDATED' to function. So, if you haven't done so already make sure to update your computer(s) before proceeding. 

Lastly, due to Bandai being difficult (honestly!) they have stopped connections between non-'licensed' applications to do with ONs or Meets. By this, its impossible for you to have one device and connect them both to each platform. Bandai (if I'm correct) will stop you being able to pair your Tamagotchi to both. So, if you use or have used the app, then this may be the culprit.
I updated my computer and I'm very happy with it, everything is faster. 

I think it might be because I do connect my Tama to the App and so now I can't apparently connect it to MyMeets. Maybe I'll reset later but I guess MyMeets just isn't going to work for me. :/

Anyway, thank you everyone for the help!

Keep trying. Bluetooth isn’t always going to work for everything. It’s been around for a longtime, but still has imperfections. I do hope you get it figured out! 

@CheeWaWa I don’t think windows supports the app. I think it’s smartphones, tablets only, beyond that it needs Bluetooth compatibility.  If you get in on windows 10, I would be highly surprised. My netbook has windows 10 and a really old set of apps that have/will never/barely get updated. (MLP being one) 

Keep trying. Bluetooth isn’t always going to work for everything. It’s been around for a longtime, but still has imperfections. I do hope you get it figured out! 

@CheeWaWa I don’t think windows supports the app. I think it’s smartphones, tablets only, beyond that it needs Bluetooth compatibility.  If you get in on windows 10, I would be highly surprised. My netbook has windows 10 and a really old set of apps that have/will never/barely get updated. (MLP being one) 
Alright! Thank you so much!  :D

if we have problems how are we going to tell all that stuff to bandai? I know some people are nervous about how to react but i am quite a daring person- if i find a way then i USE IT!

if we have problems how are we going to tell all that stuff to bandai? I know some people are nervous about how to react but i am quite a daring person- if i find a way then i USE IT!
Bandai won't offer you any support if you're using a third-party application to make modifications to your device - MyMeets is not an official program.

Reactions: Joc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back