Nano Troubles, Need Help

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midorime

Reaction score
For some reason my Nano won't wake up even though it's almost noon and I also cannot change the time. I go to the time and hold the square button for up to 30 seconds and nothing happens. I had it paused for a few hours this morning, too, and then unpaused it when I came home.

Can anyone help me with this? I try to select the sleep icon and it just shakes it's head and goes back to sleep. All other icons don't do anything except for the stats one, which i can check without a problem.

Did it maybe 'crash' or something?

This is a Gen 2 Nano, the Bunny.

Maybe the batteries are low. If they are, change them out with fresh ones, then see if it works. You may have to start over, though.

I ended up resetting it to have it grow alongside my MGA Bunny which just died/ran away.

But it went to sleep at 10 PM yesterday, and was still asleep past 2 PM today. I figure maybe the pause feature never truly 'unpaused.'

Even reset, I cannot change the time on it. Can the time never be changed on Gen 2s?

Well, the time can't be changed unless it has been reset. I have experienced that with my Nano Baby that I had when I was 4 or 5 years old. Maybe your pet wakes up at a certain hour. It depends on the Sleep Times.

I think it's supposed to be from 10 PM to maybe 8 AM, but I had to run to class so i paused it at about 7:15 and didn't unpause it until... 9:30 maybe? Even if it was to not count the time paused for sleeping, it would have only slept for about 2 hours more, plus the one extra hour. So by that logic, it should have been up by 2 PM.

Then you might need to just let it sleep until the lights on the screen come on. If that doesn't work, PM me, and I'll see what else might bring your pet to life.

Alright, if it happens again I'll post again. This pet is weird, though, when you put it to bed the lights never 'go off.' There's an animation of going into a bed and then you see it sleeping with Zs over it's head. Looks like you never put it to bed, but you know you did and the alert icon is off.

Gen2 Nanos sure are weird, and I haven't had a Gen1 since my Nano Dino which was over a decade ago, so I really don't remember much.

Maybe the Gen. 1 Nanos did have the lights off. But maybe the Gen. 2 Nanos don't do the "lights off" thing.

Another thing I noticed:

Sometimes it beeps and doesn't need anything. So naturally i discipline it. However I've done this at least 4 or 5 times now and the discipline bar still isn't filling up. Does it not do that when the bunny is a baby or something?

Another thing I noticed:

Sometimes it beeps and doesn't need anything. So naturally i discipline it. However I've done this at least 4 or 5 times now and the discipline bar still isn't filling up. Does it not do that when the bunny is a baby or something?
Try giving it a treat when it does that. They randomly need treats throughout the day and will usually beep for them.

So i paused it again before class while it was sleeping and now unpaused it and it's still sleeping. I had it paused from 7:15 AM to about 10:15 AM. It's now 11:10 AM and it's still asleep. i am starting to wonder if the pause function of these Nanos are borked. Anyone else have this issue with the Gen2s? No icons work except stats and sleep (hitting the sleep icon makes him shake his head.)

I'll leave it all day and see if anything happens. If not I guess it's safe to say I can't pause it because it crashes or something. Shame, too, it's a year old and i was running it alongside my MGA bunny to see how they change. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back