Need help to identify a pet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbond11

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My wife remembered that she had a pet in her childhood (~20 years ago) and we are desperately trying to identify it, yet still think something is off.

We googled everything and the closest thing that rings a bell is the attached image, however she is not really sure it is it + she remembers calling it “Birdie”, not a “dino”. So she remembers after egg phase it had a beak and that it made a funny movement with its beak. She is not 100% it had rudimentary wings, but she’s sure in later phase it was flying and became big (took whole screen almost).

-----

The facts she remembers almost for sure:

* Hers was released somewhere around 2000
* Her shell was white with red buttons
* In older age it flied
* It had some facial feature that resembled a beak (or it was just a beak)
* She is sure it's not dinkie dino, however dinkie dino comes in a shell that resembles hers: white with red. Not sure about button position though
* When she saw the pet in the attached image, she said the pet itself (not the shell or package) kinda resembles her, but she's not 100% sure
* At the same time her brother had some "X-in-1" (maybe 3 in one or more) set: a dog, a person (rikourikou probably) and alien (dinkie alien) and this set was bought probably in same time/store as hers

Thanks a lot!

-----

UPDATE: we accidentally found an image that she immediately recognized, see my comment below: https://www.tamatalk.com/threads/need-help-to-identify-a-pet.200251/post-3380681

Attachments

• 1FD3CCC8-C90D-48EF-89A2-6046C75C614E.jpeg
    1FD3CCC8-C90D-48EF-89A2-6046C75C614E.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
The title in the photo is a 'dinopet', possibly a 'Pocket dinopet'. You have to care for every dino, and was realised in 2000 i think??

Note: If your dinopet's a secret character, then you have good luck! Feed it rocks/lizards to make it grow, be stronger and if, old age, passes away. I have never seen a dinopet that was similar to the popular rakuraku dinkie dino, but in a tamagotchi shape and rock-themed. :oo

It also has bird vpets, when you can take care of a bird(search it in amazon). The second it had been branded is the populary-known dino vpet, Rakuraku dinokun(dubbed as 'Dinkie Dino'), which is used by nearly 5,000,000 million people worldwide.

Thank you for help! I'll google the vbirds a bit deeper.

Sorry, I probably mislead you with the image -- it was just the only example of a pet that somehow resembles what she remembers (although she's not sure it is it) we found on the internet. The shell on it is not what it looked like (her shell was white), but the pet itself kinda resembles hers in some way.

So, the facts she remembers almost for sure:

* Yes, hers was released around 2000
* Her shell was white with red buttons
* In older age it flied
* It had some facial feature that resembled a beak (or it was just a beak) and was overall recognized as a bird in the later stage.
* She is sure it's not dinkie dino, however dinkie dino comes in a shell that resembles hers: white with red. Not sure about button position though

Slightly related fact: at the same time her brother also had some kind of "3 in 1" or something: a dog, a person and an alien. And they probably bought his and hers in the same store. The info is a bit blurry, it was 20+ years ago :)

Everything else is slightly blurry and maybe the dino lead is misleading.

One more fact: her shell (white) was not in a form of an egg. Something wider. As of now looks like the attached image to her, but she's not sure, maybe there were more specific variations.

Ok, she is almost sure, 99% that this is it! She immediately recognized it

Attachments

• gyoppi.png
    gyoppi.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@Dbond11, it sounds like what you're looking for is a dinosaur virtual pet from the Gyaoppi family (Gyaoppi - pronounced as "G'yow-pee", not the common mistake of "Guy-ah-oppee" - is derived from the Japanese onomatopeia "gyao", representing the roar of a dinosaur or a dragon). The Gyaoppi programming was licensed out to various manufacturers, so not all Gyaoppi-based pets carry the Gyaoppi name.

That said, does this resemble the one that you guys are looking for, at all?

EMEF0vM.jpg

(Source.)

@Penguin-keeper the shell resembles it, yes. She mentioned red buttons, but maybe different manufacturers, yes. Or maybe confused with red letters on the shell. And the flying dino there is probably it.

Thanks a lot! Looks like we found it 🎉

Latest posts

Back