Need some hardware help on my V5 tama

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanisabean

Reaction score
I recently revived my v5 tamagotchi and noticed that my screen gets all glitchy after a while.

Will anybody be able to advise how to fix this? My guess is that the screen is not working? cos seems like the system is still running.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.mp4
    30.2 MB
Hi!
First of all, the shell is gorgeous, just wanted to say it.
I already fixed a few tamagotchi, but none had this problem. My first instinct would be to change the battery and look for any corrosion on the battery compartment. If it doesn't change anything, I'd try to reset it.
Sometimes, there's a debug option on the motherboard that can be activated by rubbing a pencil on the debug button. You should maybe search for it on internet and try to deactivate it. And last but not least, the more logical for me would be to take it apart and clean it with cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol, especially the screen rubbers between the screen and motherboard. Taking a tamagotchi apart can totally destroy it so be careful... Good luck :)

Thanks for the tips!:angry:

I have already changed into new batteries when i filmed the glitch so it definitely not battery related. Will give the cleaning a try first and see if it works.

Latest posts

Back