need some help regarding the tamagotchi pix!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodalitee

Reaction score
hi, all! i recently bought a tamagotchi pix, and i've been loving it so far! i'm currently raising a momotchi to become a barista. i've been able to learn the ropes pretty easily, but there's one thing that still confuses me; the "connect" option. i've read quite a bit about it, and most of it makes sense to me, however, i ended up scanning someone's QR code for a playdate via Twitter, and while i don't know them personally, they keep sending me letters, and i'm wondering how you can do that without scanning each other's QR code each time.

i've also been wondering; the whole playdate and meet up thing has been pretty confusing for me, but i might just be stupid, lmao. but whenever i schedule a "meet up", i'm able to invite that person to play, and even include a gift for them. do they have to scan that themselves to be able to join? i'm assuming so, but i swear i've seen that you can invite anyone around the world to play (like, players who you haven't even met yet), and i'm just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing.

and lastly, regarding the "gifts" section. i've seen that it's mainly for scanning others' QR codes and getting said item they sent, but is there a way you can send gifts to your own tama friends? or do you have to send them the QR code for them to download it? i'm still pretty new to the world of tamagotchi, only a few months in, so any help would be greatly appreciated~ thank you!

also, take a sponge cake for your tama as a thank you for reading! happy2

1656973028388.png

it is pretty cool the things the pix does with connection, isn't it? i noticed, too, that i'd get letters from people whose qr codes i'd scanned. i suppose the pix must save the data about that person and their tama. that data only updates if you've scanned a more recent code from them, after all. seems like the letters are just templates that get filled in by that information. there's no further connection happening, really.

i've poked around on my pix, and i think the 'meet up' option is like creating an exclusive invite for a specific pix. the playdate is more general and can be used by anyone who scans the qr code for it. i'm not totally sure myself, though, since i haven't gotten a chance to test out the 'meet up' with someone.

as far as i can tell, the only point of contact between one pix to another is via qr code. they aren't magic, haha, they need some way to know what another pix is doing.

i hope this is at least somewhat helpful!

in return for the sponge cake, here's something from me (hope it works)!

PXL_20220705_042301414~2.jpg

it is pretty cool the things the pix does with connection, isn't it? i noticed, too, that i'd get letters from people whose qr codes i'd scanned. i suppose the pix must save the data about that person and their tama. that data only updates if you've scanned a more recent code from them, after all. seems like the letters are just templates that get filled in by that information. there's no further connection happening, really.

i've poked around on my pix, and i think the 'meet up' option is like creating an exclusive invite for a specific pix. the playdate is more general and can be used by anyone who scans the qr code for it. i'm not totally sure myself, though, since i haven't gotten a chance to test out the 'meet up' with someone.

as far as i can tell, the only point of contact between one pix to another is via qr code. they aren't magic, haha, they need some way to know what another pix is doing.

i hope this is at least somewhat helpful!

in return for the sponge cake, here's something from me (hope it works)!

View attachment 8067
thank you very very much!! this was super helpful. i'm glad to know that the letters you get from tama friends are just automatic. and thank you so much for your california rolls~!

Latest posts

Back