New collector here :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peyj

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I haven't had a virtual pet of any kind since I was a kid (1996 or 1997 when they were brand new), but recently I saw the 25th Anniversary Tama and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I ended up getting one and I was immediately hooked all over again.

Now I have a little collection, which is:
  • 25th Anniversary Shell (Gen 1)
  • Pacman Nano
  • R2D2 Nano
  • PIX
I am having a really great time raising them, my little Gen 1 who is now 6 years old B). So I thought it would be pretty cool to sign up here and maybe make some friends and grow my collection a bit more.

Thanks for reading! :newmametchi:

Welcome and congrats on your collection. Which anniversary shell color did you pick?

I find the Pacman and R2-D2 are a lot of fun because of the sounds they make. I recently got a Pui Pui Molcar nano expecting it to squeak at me like a guinea pig, but it is just the usual Tamagotchi beeps. It is still cute, but I find the Pacman and R2-D2 better.

Nice profile pic too ;)

Welcome and congrats on your collection. Which anniversary shell color did you pick?

I find the Pacman and R2-D2 are a lot of fun because of the sounds they make. I recently got a Pui Pui Molcar nano expecting it to squeak at me like a guinea pig, but it is just the usual Tamagotchi beeps. It is still cute, but I find the Pacman and R2-D2 better.

Nice profile pic too ;)

Hi!! Thank-you! I'm in Australia and we only had one colour! I actually didn't know there were more - it's the sort of translucent purple one.

I totally agree about the Nanos. They are both so charming that you don't even mind the reduced game play/features.

Nice profile pic yourself! ;) I got Maskutchi on my anni Tama and so he seemed the best fit!! :D

What other Tamagotchis do you have? :) Thank-you for the nice welcome :D

I have several P1/P2/G1/G2. The P1 was my first Tamagotchi, and I have a Tamagotchi Angel from childhood too. Since then I have several Tamagotchi Connection v1-v5, 20th Anniversary chibi, Tamagotchi On fairy/magic/wonder garden, Tamagotchi Pix, and I’m looking forward to the Pix Party. In the nanos I have the R2-D2, Pacman, Gudetama and Pui Pui Molcar.

I rotate thru my collection one or two at a time. Right now I’m playing a Connection v2 and a Pix.

Edit to add My Tamagotchi Forever app too!

Last edited:
Welcome! (Part of me wants to swap my avatar to match my Tumblr, but then we'd have 3 Masktchis running around...!)

Sounds like your collection is off to a great start. Solid picks all around! I'm running the Pac-Man Nano right now and the sounds really push it over the top!

I have several P1/P2/G1/G2. The P1 was my first Tamagotchi, and I have a Tamagotchi Angel from childhood too. Since then I have several Tamagotchi Connection v1-v5, 20th Anniversary chibi, Tamagotchi On fairy/magic/wonder garden, Tamagotchi Pix, and I’m looking forward to the Pix Party. In the nanos I have the R2-D2, Pacman, Gudetama and Pui Pui Molcar.

I rotate thru my collection one or two at a time. Right now I’m playing a Connection v2 and a Pix.

Edit to add My Tamagotchi Forever app too!
Oh that is really cool. I really want to get a Connection so I'm keeping my eye out on eBay/etc. There isn't many of them around here apparently! Is there a particular Connection you recommend I look out for? :D

I really like the Pacman and R2D2 - they have a lot of character in a tiny case!

Welcome! (Part of me wants to swap my avatar to match my Tumblr, but then we'd have 3 Masktchis running around...!)

Sounds like your collection is off to a great start. Solid picks all around! I'm running the Pac-Man Nano right now and the sounds really push it over the top!

Ohh yes do it! :D Team Maskutchi!

The Pacman sounds are great - and I especially love the first minigame, very enjoyable. :)

Okay, okay, you convinced me. MASKTCHI SQUAD.

For Connections, versions 1-3 are closest to your standard Tamagotchi play experience, 4-4.5 integrate careers and skill traits, 5 has you raising a full family at once, and 5.5-6 have you managing either celebrity or rock star careers while keeping them all alive. It really depends what you're looking for in your play experience!

Okay, okay, you convinced me. MASKTCHI SQUAD.

For Connections, versions 1-3 are closest to your standard Tamagotchi play experience, 4-4.5 integrate careers and skill traits, 5 has you raising a full family at once, and 5.5-6 have you managing either celebrity or rock star careers while keeping them all alive. It really depends what you're looking for in your play experience!

Yes! We kind of look like a little masked gang. :gozarutchi:

Thanks for the info, 4-4.5 sounds like the Connection I will enjoy most at the moment!

Yes! We kind of look like a little masked gang. :gozarutchi:

Thanks for the info, 4-4.5 sounds like the Connection I will enjoy most at the moment!
(^[ ( o) ( o) ] ^( <- Masktchi?

V4 and V4.5 are basically the exact same programming, it's just a question of character appearance! V4 uses traditional Tamagotchi character designs, while 4.5 uses alternate forms that are a bit wackier. (Mametchi with a tail? Kuchipatchi with a horn??)

They're both solid fun, especially if you use a password generator site that helps fill the void left by the TamaTown website to boost your money and items...

Latest posts

Back