New StarCat/CompuKitty log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to give multiple baths to bring health to 100. I usually only care twice in one day: once in the morning and once at bedtime. My care method is the lazy version as I hardly play the games. Though I do like the Starcat games quite a lot. If I’m running other pets I take the easy care route, and right now the Pix Party is taking up my time. It is nice that the modern gigas have multiple care routes and do not easily die.

I hope the new battery works for your pet. That’s annoying with the glitching. I’d reach out to their customer service first before paying for a new one. I had to once, and they were quick and helpful for me. The devices are hit-and-miss. I had a lot of bad luck with the Trolls line having dim screens.

I have to give multiple baths to bring health to 100.
Interesting! I thought health would get up to 100 just by raising her happiness, hunger, and discipline scores, but maybe if the health has been down kind of low for a while, a little extra (multiple baths) is needed?

I usually only care twice in one day
Nice to know new Gigas can handle that care method in case I do need to leave her alone for that long at some point!

I’d reach out to their customer service first before paying for a new one. I had to once, and they were quick and helpful for me.
I felt doutful they would do anything for me since it had fallen off a desk. I figured the first thing they'd ask was if it had been dropped or damaged or anything. I also kinda feel like paying $17.99 for a new one is perhaps worth avoiding dealing with a phone call and explaining everything (for me, who strongly dislikes phone calls with people I don't know). But if they're easy to deal with, maybe I'll give it a shot if I do have more problems. I know if I were to get a new (non-dropped) one and have technical problems with that one too, I would definitely reach out.

Fingers crossed things will go well with the Energizer battery, though!

I don’t like calls either. I messaged them by email (about a troll). You know your situation best, but I found GigaPets customer service easy to communicate with by email.

I dropped my unicorn on tile once and it was fine. Not saying drops are okay, but even under my care I never saw my unicorn take a health dip like that, nor has it glitched on me. My starcat has been level in it’s stat drops between care so far too.

I use Energizer batteries also, so I hope that it works for your cat. However, truth be told I pre-ordered two starcat just in case one was bad ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice to know new Gigas can handle that care method in case I do need to leave her alone for that long at some point!
You can get away with care once per day too. When I was 2 months in on the unicorn I started to leave it for long periods of time. It never died on me. It only went when the batteries did.

Had mine today. Keeps scratching despite full stats
But it’s so cute. Here’s the manual

Attachments

• A01EF836-605F-40CC-B967-0CEA7A682106.jpeg
    A01EF836-605F-40CC-B967-0CEA7A682106.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 3
  • FFF9E57F-FBE8-4379-A888-17A7B8535335.jpeg
    FFF9E57F-FBE8-4379-A888-17A7B8535335.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 3
Figured I'd give an update on StarCat/Sheba III. She's reached age 17 now without any more of those glitching or battery issues, thank God! I was so annoyed for a while.

s1.jpg

She's an easygoing pet and it's been no problem to keep her stats up.
However, about a week ago, I did experience one repeat of the occurrence of her health stat suddenly dropping down to 39, not many minutes after I'd last tended to her and had her stats all at 100. It's a mystery why the sudden drop happened, but I took the opportunity to make a video of her visit to the "hospital" since she has a pretty unique animation for that! See video below!

View attachment s2.mp4

Don't worry; I was able to get all stats back up quickly after this incident. Her stats are usually all high and she's living a good life. I'm still enjoying her games (mainly the broom-flying one) and her fortune telling.
There's nothing else new to share regarding her growth/evolution beyond what I'd posted on her earlier thwarted runs. I'm not sure if there will be much else new in store with her to share, and as long as there are no more battery/technical issues, I expect this will be a long life (months?) judging from what I've heard about new-era Giga Pets. But I will for sure resume posting when she eventually leaves me and I switch to the CompuKitty option! I'm eager to try that next.

Last edited:
StarCat/Sheba III hit age 40 today! Things have obviously gone much better on this run.
She's definitely a heavy kitty. :oops:
sc1.jpg

Since I hadn't previously shared a video of her doing her fortune-telling, here is a video of asking her a question (which she answers yes to here; when the answer is no, she shakes her head with a sad-sounding meow) and then using the star-reading feature. After it displays the constellation image, you consult the provided booklet to read the fortune.

View attachment scv.mp4

StarCat/Sheba III made it to age 63 before her battery went out. These new Gigas certainly live a long time! She would've kept on living if it weren't for the battery dying. I was ready to move on anyway, though! I haven't been updating with frequent posts since nothing new/noteworthy was happening.
Her weight maxed out at 40 pounds -- not as heavy as the 100-pound koala, but still extremely heavy for a cat! :oops:

sc.jpg

My plan was to start CompuKitty (the other pet option in this device) after StarCat and to do a thorough log for CompuKitty too. I'll probably need to wait until mid-October, though, because of upcoming plans I have during which it won't be easy to run CompuKitty and do the log. I'm thinking about making the CompuKitty log a separate thread, even though I originally intended to do these here together. I'm thinking about doing my next logs comment-free so it will just be a simple, straight-up log.

So see you in a while with CompuKitty, but maybe in a new thread! I still plan to slowly gather details about my different Giga Pets over time (especially the old ones) so I can compile and compare the data, but that will be a ways off!

Jonas lived to 21 before the battery went out and he died.
Kyle, my compukitty, had very low health so i reset him and gave up.
I am thinking of taking care of the starcat again but only time will tell...

My StarCat, Orion, is asleep. Bought this Giga Pet at the VA Beach Cracker Barrel. It is asleep now, but there is a screen that is completely frozen: a screen with a black background and three white Z's on it. Is this a feature, or a bug?

My StarCat, Orion, is asleep. Bought this Giga Pet at the VA Beach Cracker Barrel. It is asleep now, but there is a screen that is completely frozen: a screen with a black background and three white Z's on it. Is this a feature, or a bug?
I have a starcat and I can confirm it is indeed a feature.😛

uh oh wrong emoji

Hi, I got the Star Cat/Compu Kitty Giga a few weeks ago (I used to have Compu Kitty as a kid), and with Star Cat, the can with the fish is actually the healthy food and the pate thing is the treat. I was confused at first too, however when I feed the can of fish from the food section and then look at health, it goes up. If I feed the pate from the food section and then look at the health, it goes down.

Hi, I got the Star Cat/Compu Kitty Giga a few weeks ago (I used to have Compu Kitty as a kid), and with Star Cat, the can with the fish is actually the healthy food and the pate thing is the treat. I was confused at first too, however when I feed the can of fish from the food section and then look at health, it goes up. If I feed the pate from the food section and then look at the health, it goes down.
Thanks for commenting, but I can assure you the pate (or moon cake) is her food and the fish is her treat. If what you stated about the health of your StarCat being affected that way is correct, I'm not sure why that happened to you! But I took care of and fed my StarCat to age 63 when the battery died, and I know without a doubt that the pate is her food. The fish is her treat and I would typically only give that to her from the reward menu when she performed tricks during training, and the main reason I didn't give her treats at other times is because the fish (treat) makes the health go down slightly when given from the feeding menu.

Plus, there's also the fact that the way these GigaPets work is that the first food in the feeding menu is their meal food and the next food when you press the arrow is the treat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back