No way I can open up my Tamagotchi Angel now..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTamaTown

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
So when trying to clean it yesterday because there was a button delay, the screwdriver I used to open up the battery case scratched the screws on the second layer of screws and it looks like there is no way to open it up now. Or is there another way that I don't know of? Anyone else suffer this problem with vintage tamas?

Problems with stripped screws have been discussed on the forums in the past. Not sure if any of the previous topics will be of any help to you but I'm posting a link to a previous reply of mine which, in turn, links you to other topics where stripped / broken screws on vintage tamas have been discussed. (Fyi, apparently, WD40 to loosen the screws is not recommended).

Here's the link to a post I made in a previous topic: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/188478-tamagotchi-oceanangel-screws/?p=3261117

You could also try a search of TamaTalk with key words like screws or stripped for example. They might not be exactly your problem but if you read through the topic you might get some ideas on how to solve your dilema.

Good Luck :)

I had the same exact problem with one of my Uminos recently. Buy a #0 JIS screwdriver if you don't have one already, and I personally had success taking one of mine to a local jeweler. It's a little embarrassing but I'm glad I did it :)

Did your jeweller charge you? I recently bought a used Tama from eBay and I destroyed the already-stripped screw trying to open it. :S

On the topic of stripped screws, has anyone tried the screws that are on those crappy 90s nostalgia fake four button tamagotchis to see if they fit?

When my Devil's screws got super stripped, I had to exercise my machinist skills and used a centerdrill to drill off the head of the screw that was stripped. Once I got the battery door off, I used tiny vise-grips to unscrew the screw the rest of the way before replacing the screws.

I hope that my method of removal helps if you don't have luck with the small screwdriver. No jewelers in my area(I took it to like 5! Like come-on!) wanted to touch my tama, so I had to take matters into my own hands. I would NOT recommend using a regular drill to try to remove the screw-head. Also, cover the front of your tama with a soft towel and hold onto it very tightly(gently clamp it into a vise if you have one) while you use the drill press.

Good luck getting those screws out! It's kinda important for getting fresh batteries in, so I wish you the best! Those older tamas have really soft screws. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back