Nuzlocke Question

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
So I'm doing a Nuzlocke in my Pokemon Diamond version and I was wondering if you guys could clarify something for me. I currently have an Onix that I can't evolve because I don't have another 4th gen game to trade to. However, I can encounter Steelix on Victory Road (which is where I'm currently at). So my question is, can I trade out my Onix for a wild Steelix? Would it be considered cheating? I was thinking that I would first raise my Onix to the level of the wild Steelix, then I could release the Onix in favor of Steelix. That way there isn't an unfair jump in level difference. Let me know if that seems legit or not because I want to play through this Nuzlocke as fairly as possible. ^_^

(Another little side question: If I can catch the Steelix, then does it take up my encounter for Victory Road? I already own the Onix, so I was thinking of this as being an alternative way to "evolve" it.)

Okay so for Nuzlockes you can pretty much make up your own rules. Under the base rules of the Nuzlocke you can only catch that Steelix if it's the first thing you encounter (And you're not using the Dupes Clause). But a lot of Nuzlocke "home-rules" allow you to trade and evolve through trading anyway, so it's up to you.

I'd say that sounds pretty fair. Heck, I'd say you shouldn't count it as your Victory Road encounter either.

But yeah, nuzlockes are pretty flexible, you get to make your own rules. So if you want, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back