Obscure Tamagotchi Question!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KameMelodic

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

A while ago, when I was younger and really got into tamagotchi, I discovered a virtual pet based off of one of my favorite obscure characters, Mamegoma. I don’t know if this was an official tama or not, or just a similarly designed product by San-X? Regardless, I’m really interested in learning more about it! If anyone happens to own one or know about it, I’d love to hear some info about the device. Thank you all so much in advance!

Hello there friend! Could this be the device you're thinking of?

1158953.jpg

If so,, it's called the "Mamegoma Shiiku Nikki". It's not a Tamagotchi exactly, but it is produced by Bandai (the same company that produces Tamagotchi and Digimon)

I was able to find someone's blog post which talks about it a little ( https://tamalimsg.wixsite.com/ismytamagotchiworld/single-post/2017/04/27/mamegoma-virtual-pet ) as well as a few old sales listings.
The blog post has a bit of information that talks about it, and you may be able to find some more information about it by searching by name.

Also, toys like this that aren't Tamagotchi are usually called "vpets"/"virtual pets", so sometimes searching for "_ vpet" instead of "_ tamagotchi" will help you to find things easier ^-^. (They're sometimes also called "digital pets" and a couple of other things, but vpet is definitely the most common from what I've seen)

If this isn't the toy you're looking for then let me know and I can try do some more searching for you if you want? But either way, I hope this helps!

Yes, that’s it, thank you so much! Ack, I just now realized I forgot to include a product image along with my question, sorry about that!! But yeah, that’s the exact device :D

i received a bit more info regarding this specific pet on another thread, apparently when they do they’re going for around $700, yikes!!

Latest posts

Back