Ocean Adventures -A Tamagotchi Ocean Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychotama

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Umino Tamagotch and received it in the mail today. I haven't updated my current log in a while, but I wanted to document my first experiences with the ocean. I plan to put this information into my other log at some point, but this way I can keep things more organized. I really don't know much about the ocean except for a few tips I've picked up from Mimitchi.com and people on the facebook group. It seems to be the general consensus that this is the most difficult tama to run, so I am ready for a challenge!

1325472d-cb19-42a4-bbc5-a8084faa781f_zpsgejnaxne.jpg

First of all, I am thrilled to have gotten my favorite shell. I have been waiting to find this one for the right price and it finally happened. I know it isn't very "ocean" themed, but purple is my favorite color and it's just so pretty. This is the Japanese version, for those who don't know. The English version is extremely rare and I think it is priced even higher than the devils. I'm not really sure of the differences, but it's probably pretty close to the same thing.

I hatched my little guy and the first thing I noticed was how cool the animations are on this tama. Everything is really fast, and the clock screen instantly shows up when you press B...there's no slow scroll. A definite improvement over the earlier versions. I was greeted by a cute little Planktontchi. He was happily floating around my screen for about an hour until he changed into an adorable little jelly, Kuragetchi. This is the "child" stage I'm guessing. I've been running the tama for about 5 hours now...had to pause during orchestra rehearsal.

971a0b98-557a-4e82-91d4-03b0fb4fa49b_zpsng3sklby.jpg
570f0ae8-754f-4b3d-b3db-94aa7d9359b0_zpsa1f9yjul.jpg
b3ecb099-3c6f-456c-addc-40f7f4eb64f7_zpssez7t3uo.jpg

The game is a guessing game...typical of tamagotchi games. There are two treasure chests and you have to guess which one the treasure is in. Mostly, you will either open the treasure or an empty chest. You have to get at least 3 out of 5 to win...I've never gotten over 3 yet. Sometimes, a chest will open to reveal an octopus! The octopus inks up your screen and the game ends. The water is completely black and you have to use the toilet icon to clear it up. This also completely empties out the happiness hearts.

There is a new meter on the ocean. It monitors the clarity of the water. There are 4 skulls, and when one of them fills up, you can use the toilet icon to clean the water. I haven't let all of the skulls fill up, but I'm sure the tama wouldn't like that very much ;)

There is a predator feature like with the Morino. I've already been unfortunate enough to have missed an attack....even though I watched it happen! Kuragetchi beeped at me and I was trying to tap the screen but it didn't really work. A shark attacked him and made him sick. I don't really know what I did wrong, but I'll try to figure it out next time. Kuragetchi decided to take a nap (no other version has taken naps before that I'm aware of) and right after he fell asleep, the shark came.

This is really all that's happened so far. I will do my best to update this often. So far I am really enjoying this tama! I will hopefully be updating my main log in the next few days.

Day 2 in the ocean....

I took notes on my phone throughout the day to give a more detailed description of the occurrences.

My little jelly woke up at 9 this morning. At 9:03, he was attacked by a mean looking fish. Again, I failed to save him :( I felt so helpless. I guess I just didn't tap the screen fast enough. Luckily he survived the attack and I cured him with medicine. Again at 9:51 he was attacked. This time I managed to scare off the predator! I'm really happy that I figured it out. I think I was trying to push a button or something before tapping, but you have to immediately tap. Just like the Morino. He was attacked yet again at 10:41 (saved!).

I forgot to mention last time that I had already filled up his discipline bar. It all happened within a couple of hours! I've never had a tama to ask for discipline so many times in a day.

The next few hours were pretty quiet...Kuragetchi listened while I practiced. I thought it was funny that I was practicing La Mer today. (La Mer means the ocean in French) so I thought it was the perfect photo opportunity.

Kuragetchi in "the sea"
aa99b295-3c8a-4438-9681-201b00a013a8_zpsiq27mqvp.jpg

At 11:12 A.M Kuragetchi got sick. He didn't beep or anything, I just looked over and saw a skull floating by his head. I checked his stats and everything was full, so I'm not sure why he got sick. I cured it with the medicine.

At 1:30, something very unexpected happened. I was sitting in the reed room when I heard a series of beeps...very familiar beeps to me. I looked and saw a flashing skull. Kuragetchi died :( I really have no idea why this happened. I never, ever left him alone and I always kept his hearts full. My only guess is that I missed too many attacks early on? I'm really sad about it. I've never really had a tama die before adulthood. I suppose it's true what they say...this tama is a challenge.

4fa67b68-0820-4746-be1c-10b9749e4c70_zpsfil5gf8m.jpg

I went ahead and hatched a new egg. Everything has gone smoothly so far. Once I got Kuragetchi back, he called for discipline at 2:58, 4:10, 4:35, and 5:22...only one more to go. As you can see, the discipline is very fast! He was attacked at 5:04 and I saved him. I'm really hoping he makes it past this stage.

Day 2 for my new jelly.....

I am happy to report that my little jelly has survived his second day of life. I have been talking with some people on the facebook group and was told that sometimes you can hatch a "bad egg" that is just destined for doom :eek: I'm guessing this is what happened with my first hatch. Apparently there's a whole process to figure out the likelihood of your ocean tama dying prematurely. I received this advice after having already hatched my second egg, so I wasn't able to test this out. It's looking like my egg was just fine this time around though! There really is a lot of mystery surrounding this tama...I like it!

Here is a glimpse into my life in the ocean today....

At 9 A.M. Kuragetchi awoke (It was more like 11 because I slept in today ;) ) He got sick at 9:25 for unexplained reasons. I quickly cured him with the medicine. He was attacked 6 or 7 times throughout the course of the day and I saved him each time! At 4:25 he got sick again...it took 4 or 5 doses of the medicine to cure him this time, so I got a little worried. I haven't let his hearts empty out completely, but it's been close a few times. This tama is so needy. It's about the same level of demand as an old age adult tama. Empties a heart every 10 minutes or so.

I'm kind of bad at the game, so it's difficult to keep the happiness up sometimes. It really doesn't help that the octopus messes things up frequently....I tell you, I live in constant fear of the octopus :mellow: It makes playing the game so scary. You never know when it's going to jump out of the chest...gives me lots of anxiety haha. It's really annoying when you've almost filled up the happiness hearts and then the octopus sabotages all of your efforts. Nasty little thing. (The octopus empties out the happiness hearts and inks up the screen) It's also so quick that it would be nearly impossible to get a photo of it. I may get lucky some time though. Here's what the game looks like, and the treasure when you win! (I don't get the treasure too often ;) )

6b761a85-be74-4747-9568-88601d2d05ea_zps9dzo0yyp.jpg
2dd4737a-9c0a-4e60-b889-d37b4e4c25aa_zpstddamf7c.jpg

Here's Kuragetchi being grumpy with me for losing the game so much
fcd55450-e3e8-4dab-902d-c2b895a98502_zpsewzhs9yl.jpg
d037359d-2de4-4449-80b2-6eb2a8b04ca0_zpseduw9ygx.jpg

Aside from the octopus drama, it's really been a quiet day in the ocean. I have no idea how long the Kuragetchi stage lasts, so I suppose we will discover it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes, this must be a tough Tamagotchi to take care of if it needs you every 5 minutes...I think that'd be a fun challenge, though! I'd be really sad, though, if I got an egg destined to be a bad egg... :(

Would you recommend this Tamagotchi as a must have yet? Or have you not had enough experience with it yet? :huh:

Hi fuzzy,

I really haven't had enough experience with it yet to say for sure, but for me it was a must have simply because I'm a big vintage tama enthusiast. So far, I like it...but it is extremely challenging! Hopefully this log can help you decide if you want one or not :)

A sad day in the ocean....

Today, everything was going just fine. The usual attacks and such (I saved him each time). He got sick around 11 or so and I cured him.

Around 2 P.M. I went to brush my teeth and took Kuragetchi with me. I sat him down on a shelf, thinking I'd still be able to hear him over the running water. I look back literally a minute later and he's gone. I can't believe it. I heard nothing at all. Since I didn't hear or see it, I'm unable to say for sure if he just died for no reason, or if he was killed by a predator. I'm really bummed about it. This one made it to age 2, so I guess that's progress :/ It's insane how high maintenance this tama is. It's really late now, so I'll hatch a new egg in the morning. I just want to get past this stage! Ahhhhhhh

Oh no, he died again? That's awful...I really hope your next one will make it past the child stage... :(

But thank you for the input, I appreciate hearing your opinions on these Tamagotchis! Have you done any other logs I could check out, by chance?

(Like the v4.5? ;) )

Latest posts

Back