Old school Tamagotchi fan…drawn back by nostalgia.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiken

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am more of an old school fan, not much experience outside of gen 1 & 2. I also ran a lot of the original Digimon, and dabbled with gameboy Tamagotchi back in the day as well.

Anyway, my kids have recently gotten into Tamagotchi and it sparked nostalgia to a point where I had to get the gen 1 and 2 rereleases myself. I am currently running a gen 1 (same as my first tamagotchi) and aiming for Mametchi (the first adult I earned). I have the comic gen 2 shell pre ordered for January, and will likely get the gen 1 comic shell as well to match for collective purposes. The shell I have currently is the Sunset version, which looks really cool. I plan to progress overtime getting every tama from gen 1 and gen 2 (should keep me busy for a few months) to dip my toes back into Tamagotchi life.

I also have my eye on a gen 2 pix. It seems Tamagotchi has evolved more than I could have imagined over the years, and I am curious to run a more modern Tamagotchi as well. I am interested in the Smart, but I cannot read Japanese. So I figure when it comes to newer releases, the Pix is my best option (I like the nature green one).

Anyway that is me in a nutshell. I may be inexperienced by modern standards, but I look forward to learning more about what Tamagotchi has become as well as any related lore behind them. Oh and of course, to meet new friends.

Glad to have you here, Shiken. Welcome!

What Tamagotchis your kids are running?

Glad to have you here, Shiken. Welcome!

What Tamagotchis your kids are running?
All P1 and P2 atm. I will expand their collection as I expand my own. Should make more modern releases interesting I would think doing it together.

Latest posts

Back