OMG

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard8777

Reaction score
My "friend" Jacob, told a bunch of people that i'm emo on Friday. He came up with it because I have a cut on my wrist from my dog.

Now everyone in my school thinks i'm emo and suicidal. Hw should i get rid of the rumors.

Plz Help

Richard8777

First off your "friend" needs to be talked with privately. A real friend wouldn't do such a thing, and if he wants you as one, he better apologize. Better yet, I'd just drop him now and not look back, but not everyone can/will do that.

Second, there's no quick way at making this go away unfortunately. Best thing to do is not make it worse by getting peeved off when someone gives you a hard time. Just ignore them and if you don't react, they have nothing to do to upset you. Boredom will kick in for them then.

He doesn't seem like a friend to me.

Rumors are stupid. I've learned that when rumors are started the person/people that started the rumor are usually attention seeking or do it to make themselves feel superior. That's not all of the time though.

Try to learn to ignore rumors. That's what I do...

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not really a friend then. >.< A true friend wouldn't do that. Did you explain to him that you got the cut from your dog? I agree with TigerLily. You should talk to him privately about this. And the rumors? Just ignore it. It might go away eventually, but if it doesn't, you can tell a trusted adult what's happening like a teacher or a parent. :(

You got to ignore 'em.

Tell everyone that you got it from your dog.. If they're dumb enough to believe Jacob they'll believe you.

Then when all is good...

Get rid of him. Or ignore him and avoid him/hang out with different people. =3

what i did even though and i'm christan was i swore to god because i wasn't lying because people said i was lesbo and bisexual. tell everyone your not and see what happens. something needs to happen that is embarressing so they will talk about that and not what your so called "friend" said about you. it usually takes about a week for them to die down unless something more emabrrassing happens before 5-7 days

That is nothing to make fun of... Talk to Jacob.

Then ignore the rumors. They just want a reaction, so dont get bent out of shape.

Eventually, it will all blow over.

Rumors..

Just talk to Jacob. He isn't your real friend. Real friends don't make up rumors about you. ;) I suggest that you tell your parents what's happening, and then just ignore people when they tease you or say something offensive. As rachel3802 said, they just want a reaction. If you don't give anyone a reaction, they'll get bored with you and then just forget about the rumor. Soon, the rumor thing will just stop.

Also, I think you should let your homeroom teacher know what's happening. ;)

Rumors suck.

I suggest you take him aside and talk with him in a serious manner. When you make it clear that you are upset, instead of just whining about it, the problem gets solved. I hope he can understand.

Approach it from a mature point of view.

Friend? Huh, I dont think thats a friend there! Talk to your him in private, and tell him that its bothering you. If its that serious, talk to an adult

Talk to Jacob and make him tell everyone who he spread this rumour too that its not true :D

Why is that a big deal?

First of all it's not a bad thing to be emo, it basically just means that you like a certian type of music.

Not all emos cut themselves.

Nearly all of my friends are emo.

And second of all, just ignore them.

Rumors are dumb, and if you show that you don't care, then they will stop.

They're being spread because you show that you care.

And people saying you're emo...isn't exactly a "rumor."

It's just....basically....nothing.

xx

My "friend" Jacob, told a bunch of people that i'm emo on Friday. He came up with it because I have a cut on my wrist from my dog.Now everyone in my school thinks i'm emo and suicidal. Hw should i get rid of the rumors.

Plz Help

Richard8777
I have a lot of experience with false rumors. There are three things you can do -

a. Deny it (pretty self explanatory, but isn't the best strategy)

b. Cover it up (start an even bigger rumor about yourself to stop the other rumor)

c. Completely ignore it (people will realize you won't care so they'll just stfu)

Why is that a big deal?First of all it's not a bad thing to be emo, it basically just means that you like a certian type of music.

Not all emos cut themselves.

Nearly all of my friends are emo.

And second of all, just ignore them.

Rumors are dumb, and if you show that you don't care, then they will stop.

They're being spread because you show that you care.

And people saying you're emo...isn't exactly a "rumor."

It's just....basically....nothing.

xx
Um, please don't go all labels are for soup cans on us. Yes that is the best saying ever ^^;; However, you just said not all emo's cut their wrist. But some still do. And thats the kinds that everybody thinks he is (and he is not one of those emo's)

How isn't it rumor? Sheesh, get your facts right. A rumor is when somebody spreads somthing around that isn't true or somthing that is twisted.

Example:

"ZOMG! -lWERIDE SMELLS FARTS!!!!!!!!!"

Ha you're "friend" sounds like this girl in my class. All she's been doing is being mean to me all year and she thinks I'm her best friend. Ridiculous how evil some people are, don't you think?

Well, anyways, I agree with Tigerlily. Don't let it bother you and people should notice that you aren't getting annoyed so they wouldn't bug you anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back