Original: SHOGO - Era of the New Beginning

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaitoKojima

Reaction score
This is a story series I've been writing for 7 years called entitled the Saito Sagas. I am posting here the sequel to the first of the Project SHOGO saga, SHOGO: Era of the New Beginning. I will now give a brief summary of what this is about, and what happened in the prequel, SHOGO: Warrior of the Raging Demon.

It stars a young man 19-year-old man named Saito Kojima, who fought in a war 4 years ago. It was a battle of man against machines. The story takes place in the year 2185AD, in the country of Messetsu, and Terrasu-jin. The war from the front lines seems to be just Man VS Machine, but behind it was an army led by one eicked man named Shunryo Mataka. He created all the renegade robots and dubbed them the Shinrod Army. Saito, along with his friends:

Kiari Takanoshin (female), Saito's fiancee and childhood lover.

Ryokou Hikari(male), Saito's best friend from his whole life.

Sasuke Kojima (male), his older brother who is 4 years older than Saito.

and many others all aided in the battle against the Shinrod army.

Saito, Ryokou and Kiari all had a special wristband watch that they kept with them, that could unleash their fullest potentials called, Sychro Watch. There are 26 in the world, 7 were destroyed, and 4 are still being developed. All 26 have letters on them, from the 26 letters in the English alphabet. Saito had the V-Sychro Watch, Kiari had the L-Sychro Watch and Ryokou had the X-Sychro Watch. Most in which, were created by Saito's father, Soma Kojima, who was known to one of the few last remaining scientists. That was, until a group of Shinrod robots came and attacked Saito's family. Soma was killed, and so was his wife Hitomi. Sasuke wasn't there to see it happen since he was away on assassin jobs.

When all of Saito's friends refugeed to an abandoned shelter and lived their lives there. Saito was feeling some strange things inside, out of nowhere he would burst with anger and go on a berzerked rampage, with his eyes glowing red, and the kanji of murder burning on his back. (Think Street Fighter Akuma) It was a deadly art he started using secretly called Satsu no Hadou, which uses the "killing intent" within someone to induce extreme rage and destroy everything in the user's path.

Saito became consumed by it from time to time, and at one day, at the final battle between him and Shunryo, disaster struck. Shunryo became desperate in the middle of the fight, ran up to Kiari and killed her, Saito became so furious iwth the death of his fiancee, that he let himself be taken by Satsu no Hadou fully. He went on a complete killing spree and destroyed everything that had to do with the Shinrod army, but Shunryo himself. he managed to get away and disappeared forever, as it seems to be.

This happened 4 years ago in Saito's life, now he's 19, before he was 15. His life has changed a lot, and now I present to you, SHOGO: Era of the New Beginning.

SHOGO: Era of the New Beginning

Author and Creator: Amir "Saito" Mousaly

Chapter I - New Lives, New Challenges

It's been four years since that horrendous incident, the war between man and machine. Many people have died in the cause of bringing victory for us all. I've lost too much from the war. My fiancee, Kiari Takanoshin. My greatest rival, Ryu Mikachi. Two of the wisest friends I've ever known, Yoichi Toriyama and Meira Kusanagi. All of these friends of mine helped me so much through-out my life. I wish I could have done more back for them.

Kiari... how much she has done for me is too much to even mention. If it wasn't for her, I would have been consumed by Satsu no Hadou, causing all the deaths and even more to occur. They were all killed by the now-destroyed Shinrod Army. Their leader, Shunryo Mataka, is the cause of all this. He is still alive, I cannot believe myself that I allowed him to live after he's killed my fiancee! I was once a fool, now I regret my dark past. I can’t even believe I’m still alive. I was supposed to die before she did, but Satsu no Hadou kept me alive and I am standing instead of her.

I still live in the country of Messetsu, most of the damage that was caused by the war has been repaired, life is beginning to be normal once again. I found a small abandoned dojo to live in close to Kiari's grave, just so I'd be close to her as much as possible. She isn't buried at a cemetery like everyone else is, I had to bury her with my own bare hands! No one but me cared at all.

I've got a strange job from all the fighting I have done. I'm now a bounty hunter working for the organization of "The Knighthood." It's kind of like my brother Sasuke Kojima's work used to be. I take on jobs anyone posts up on the boards, and anyone of the members can take it and help them. Sometimes, it's things like fixing someone's pipes, cutting the power of someone who doesn't want to pay the bill, or things like that. But, what makes this job interesting to me is the other jobs, I've taken the liberty of taking the hardest jobs: assassination, liberation, spy-work, and anything else where my life is put at stake.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you my name. In case you've forgotten, my name is Saito Kojima. I'm the son of a great scientist, Soma Kojima. He created most of the amazing technology in Messetsu and another country I forgot the name of.

My latest job has been the strangest I've ever taken yet. The job was given to my by my leader herself, Riko Sakazaki. This is what my assignment is:

My assignment is to find Riko's daughter Kasumi and safe-guard her back to the organization base. I am to look in the country of Sukurai. I've been given permission to use any force needed to save Kasumi. Failure is not an option, if I fail this mission, I will be removed from the organization and killed. If I succeed, I will be promoted to the top rank in the organization and awarded a lot of money.

I've been issued a standard set of kunai, the highest leveled body-armor, a shield just a level lower to the leader herself that activates without my will to stop any damage to me, and my trusty GunBlade. I set it to Staff mode to keep myself in mid-range from any hostiles who would love to attack me. I've long since have gotten rid of my Sychro Watch, it in Kiari's grave, in her hands. The power within it was never used properly by me at all, and it should be kept with someone who deserved it far more than I did.

I've been meaning to visit my master Gouki Yoshinimono for sometime now. It if wasn't for him, I wouldn't be the person I am now. He is like my second father to me. He is the one who also helped me leave the path of Satsu no Hadou and keep my sanity in a state of calmness. He always used to call me young Kojima, since he also trained Sasuke the ways of the true warrior also. But, Sasuke seems to have not taken Gouki-sama's teachings much, since he's been using his own style of fighting. Something like Ninjitsu and Kyoko-shin Karate. Gouki taught us Ansatsu-ken, meant specifically for defeating the opponent and crippling them forever.

I have left the path of Satsu no Hadou completely, but I still fight in the effective style of it. I still use it's most devastating technique, Shun Goku Satsu no Jitsu. It is meant to destroy any opponent who is taken by darkness and punishing them for their bad deeds. Whenever I use this toned-down version of Satsu of Hadou, I think of Kiari, for all the things she's done to help me escape it. But I just can't stop, knowing how wrong it is to use this. I won't stop, not now, not ever.

It is time for my get on with the mission, I am being transported to Sukurai as I write this log on my life. I wish the best blessings to all I've ever known, and hope someone is reading this now, if it is ever found and remembered.

I will be arriving soon, it is time for me to get going and start. "Mission Kaiseru.."

Chapter II – Mission Kaiseru, A Cold Welcome.

I have finally arrived in Sukurai, it is a much different country than Messetsu is. People here are still in shock from the war. There is a lot of people giving me dirty looks, I don’t know why. Someone is coming towards me, he’s wearing a big brown cloak and blue pants that glow whenever he takes a step. He took off the hood piece of his cloak and started saying things to me in a language I didn’t understand. “I’m sorry sir, I don’t understand what you’re saying to me. I’m on duty from the Knighthood looking for Riko Sakazaki’s daughter Kasumi.” And I showed him a picture of her. He looked amazed and stepped back, saying more cursive words. He turned around and called out something to the others, and they all got up holding guns, hatchets, and anything they could find. One even picked up a chicken to fight with.

I went to take out my GunBlade, but I was attacked from behind by a woman with a hatchet. Lucky for me, the shield activated in time and deflected her attack. I jumped out of the way of the group and began charging energy into my GunBlade to use Magnum Break. One of them threw their hatchets at my shield and it shattered, “dang! It’s taken too much damage already! I guess I’ll have to hope this works.” I jumped back at them, and used Magnum Break right in the middle of the group. The ground erupted in flames, then the flames rose up into the air and hailed down like meteors at the insane people.

When the smoke cleared, most of them were afraid of me and were backing away slowly. “When someone comes to your country, treat them with a warm welcome, will ya?” and I withdrew my GunBlade. The man with the cloak came towards me again, holding a rather large knife. He lunged at me, I dodged it in time and stabbed him in the chest with one of my kunai. He stumbled on top of me and died painfully. “What did I tell you about manners, sir?” I pulled the kunai out of his body, cleaned it spotless, and put it back in my belt full of them.

As I started to walk away, a woman who looked rather peaceful stepped forward, “Are you B-Class Hunter Saito Kojima? Please come with me, I know where the child is held. By the way, my name is Hakuto Mikami, pleased to meet the one who saved the entire world, twice.” And we shook hands. She showed me the way to a place that looked kind of like the Knighthood base, only a bit less advanced, “Am I going to be attacked again by those people?” I asked her, “Oh don’t worry about them, they’re really harmless.” She giggled. “Uh huh, really harmless..” and I coughed the words, “Bullshit” afterwards.

When I stepped inside, three men asked for my ID Card and Hunter Rank, when they confirmed that it was me who they wanted, they let me inside to speak with their commander. He was a tall old man, who seems to still have a lot of life left in him, he seemed very powerful from just looking at him. I know I couldn’t ever beat him. “So… you must be B-Class Saito. Hakuto told me quite a lot about you. And it seems you’re the perfect one to find Riko’s daughter. I know exactly where she is, and I’ll tell you. On one condition, you must defeat Hakuto in sniper-ranged combat.” He suggested, “Wait, before I accept, who are you?” I asked, “My name is Commander Iruka Akaraju, a dear old friend to Riko Sakazaki. It’d be best to keep in good word by both of us.” Commander Akaraju then sat back in his chair, “Do you accept the terms explained?” I accepted the conditions, me and Hakuto were brought to a huge forest, given a sniper rifle and eighteen armor piercing pulses, and were brought to opposite sides of the forest.

A bell rang, which signaled us to begin. I quickly ran to a nearby bush and activated the camouflage feature in my armor to match any surroundings I was standing close to. I then began to charge energy into the rifle to be able to use the Sniper Knock-Out technique Imperialist. My eyes began to glow bright red and my vision improved ten-fold. I’ve got eyes of a falcon now. And the first shot has been fired, Hakuto missed me by a mile, hitting a giant boulder behind me. “She gave away her position, what is she doing!?” I thought to myself this and gave my first shot of Imperialist to her. A giant-thin red beam shot out towards her and she toppled to the ground. She then yelled out, “LUCKY SHOT BEGINNER’S LUCK!!” and I shot her again to shut her up, “Imperialist!” and I heard her body slam into the ground hard. “And I thought this would be hard… Hakuto, you’re probably the worst sniper I’ve seen in months. What class hunter is she, E?” and the bell rang again, signaling that the battle is over.

We were both brought to Commander Akaraju again, he looked down upon Hakuto, she then stammer and said, “He cheated! He was using this thing called Imferialist!” she kicked me in the shins, “Moron!” but I took it, because I know she’s just a sore loser. Commander Akaraju signaled me to come with him, “Look on this map, see the red blip on it? That is where they’re holding Kasumi. Be careful when going there, it’s the really ghetto side of Sukurai, there’ll be even more attacks from people than there was when you first came.” He warned, and I replied, “All the better to blast them out of the sky.” I chuckled when saying this. “You’ve got a lot that reminds me of your father. Both of you were always ready for any kind of challenges that were ahead. Also, I have sent a message to Riko for permission to send you an upgrade pack for your GunBlade, it will be waiting for you at the entrance to the ‘ghettos’ of Sukurai in a green box labeled Saito Upgrade” he downloaded the coordinates to my mini-map and bid me farewell. While I was leaving, I heard him yell at Hakuto and the best part is hearing him say, “Your rank has now been demoted to… um.. My my, it’s lower then E now. It seems you are now officially out of the organization. Leave at once!” and she ran quickly, bumping into me and cutting my neck with a knife.

The shock and pain from the surprise attack caused me to lose consciousness, I don’t remember what happened next.

Chapter III – Unknown Surroundings, The Hunt is on.

When I came to after being stabbed in the neck by Hakuto, I found myself in an area I haven’t been to before. My radio has been beeping since I woke up, and it seems the cut is almost healed. “How.. how long have I been out for?” I asked myself this and answered the radio, it was Commander Akaraju. “B-Class Hunter Saito, sorry for not telling you yet but, you have been taken to the border of the ghettos of Sukurai. If you look to your right, my left, you’ll see the upgrade pack I was telling you about earlier. It’s colored green, so it’s easy to spot from where you are standing, or laying down from. I wish you good luck for this mission, Commander Akaraju out.” and he cut the line. I got up from my discouraging looking fall and looked around, the place is quiet here. But I can see the riots and murder going on in the ghetto area, “Seems like this Upgrade will really be useful… Where’s everyone else when I need them all? No, forget it! This is my mission, it is time for me to do something this important on my own without help! I’m not dependant at all anymore, I can do this, I’m a Kojima!” I kept saying this to myself as I looked for the green box labeled Saito Upgrade. It wasn’t too far from my current position. I stepped forward and opened it up.

Inside the box was a strange computer-graphic hologram, it looked at me for a bit and spoke, “Welcome, please state your name.” I told the computer my name and it scanned my thermal signs. “Confirmed, thank you for using the Universal Upgrade Module, Mr. Kojima. Though, this equipment is ranked far too high for you, special permission is granted for you to use such equipment.” I felt a bit stupid for being told off by a computer. A strange cable came out from the box and went into the chest plate of my armor, “Please, wear your helmet.” and I did exactly as it said. In my helmet’s HUD display screen, I could see the progress of how quickly it was upgrading my systems. I’m being given a special weapon for my GunBlade which allows me to attach raw minerals into it to give it special power. My vision within the helmet has been improved for underwater and in gassy areas. The armor’s maximum Energy Capacity has been raised by 300 points, making it at 799 points of energy within. It can act as more durability to take more damage and make sure I don’t take any, except for slight impact shocks. If this was to be depleted, I will be dead, and the mission would be a failure. My left arm is not able to be used as a free hand anymore, it is being changed to an Arm Cannon with 6 different weapons. All of them having special elements and capabilities for any given situation. “Whoa… this feels like an old video game I used to play when I was a child. Only I’m not a girl who kicks more a** than I ever could in my whole life, and I’m not going to wipe out an entire species at all, either.” The HUD display shown a message saying, “Upgrade complete” and all my functions are able to be used. The Upgrade box disappeared and now I may resume my mission to find Kasumi.

When I arrived in the ghettos, I was immediately attacked by some low-life thug wanting my money, I told him I had none and burned him to ashes with the Arm Cannon. Everyone there was startled to see him go so easily, and they ran away from the mere sight of me. “What’s with the face? Did you see a ghost or something? No? Then GET OUT OF MY FACE!!” though I knew the yelling was uncalled for, I felt much better knowing they’re truly afraid of me. They probably won’t attack me ever again.

I checked the coordinates on my HUD displayed Mini-map for the location Commander Akaraju gave me. From what he’s saying, Kasumi is being held underground from the local pub, “How inconvenient… the one place I know I am not supposed to go inside of. This breaks the rules of not only my religion, but my own will. Well, I guess I’d have to.” So I entered the pub and checked around. Everyone inside seemed to be pretty much enjoying themselves and don’t really notice me, or maybe they don’t care. Since, looking around isn’t the best thing to do around this place, I walked towards the counter to get some information from the bartender. I immediately started the conversation with, “Excuse me” he quickly replied with, “Hm? You called?” I proceeded in asking him information about where Kasumi was held and it there was an underground base from this pub, he told me if I could kick out one of the customers who was behaving very inappropriately, I could be let down there. “I’ll see to it that this customer is out of here, sir.” He pointed out who I was to throw out. What’s funny, the one I had to throw out was not only being very misbehaved, he was under-aged by three years. I walked right up to him, tapped his head, pointed to the door, and he got up with a dirty look at me. Now, I’m sometimes a very patient person, but when someone gives me a dirty look, I am never patient after. So I grabbed the idiot by his head, dragged him across the floor while still clutching his head, ignoring his cries, and literally threw him out the door. Just to add some more feeling to this and possibly more appreciation by the bartender, I blasted the idiot with my Arm Cannon twice in his rear-end while he was running away like the fairy-boy he is.

I walked back to the counter, and the bartender looked quite pleased, “Now that my boy, was the best course of throwing someone out I’ve seen in years. What is your name? I have to tell my children about this, they’re bound to love this story.” I told him my name, and he didn’t seem to be annoyed that I’m the same man who is going to walk into an underground base to get a girl out of there. “Well, a promise is a promise. Here is the key card into the underground base, you’ll find her in the far bunker.” I thanked him for helping me so far, and gave him a small tip.

The door to the underground base was behind the pub, it was probably the most advanced looking thing in the whole area. Complete with a computer voice and everything else I would not expect it to have, like an attitude with me. Right the second I stepped forward to insert the key card, it shouted out, “Man, who the hell are you, foo?” I ignored it before I got too angry with a poorly programmed computer and inserted the card quickly. The door slid open faster than a rabbit’s nose shakes. The ground under me moved a little and I was given a slight escalator sort of push inside.

When the door closed shut, my HUD display was going berserk on me, displaying warning signs and caution windows. It is like it’s saying the entire underground base is a hostile enemy. I quickly turned on the night-vision feature and seen why. There was possibly over forty-six drone guns pointed at me with very strange vibrating red lights. It’s almost as if the guns were angry at me. With nothing really else to say, the first thing to come out of my mouth was, “Holy sh~~” and they started firing rounds at me. I quickly activated the shield, and hoped it would last long enough for their ammo to deplete. The guns kept firing and causing me to fall back from the shock, it was to the point I didn’t feel like holding the shield anymore and left it hovering. “When will their ammo end!?” I kept asking this to myself, but immediately felt it was futile. The shield’s energy was empty and the bullets started hitting me now. Though I do say, I’ve been hit with more damaging bullets or blows in my life, but dang did this hurt!! It only took three minutes of this to finally find out that my Armor’s energy is below 300 points, I had to get some cover fast! I quickly ran to the nearest crate and waited there. I knew they probably won’t ever end, and are probably being reloaded automatically. So I took my chances and started firing at them while taking cover whenever possible. It was a matter of getting up, shooting some with my Arm Cannon and then dropping to the ground again, repeat that for the next hour. After all this repetitive actions of getting up to shoot and going back down to cover myself, I became fed of with it and ran straight to the bunker that the bartender told me about. It opened up as soon as I became close to it.

When I entered the room, I heard a girl’s voice yell, “Go away! Don’t do anything to me, please!” it was bound to be Kasumi. “Don’t worry, I’m here to rescue you Kasumi. I’m Saito Kojima, B-Class Hunter of the Knighthood, I’ve been given a mission to rescue you straight from your mother herself. Come on, we’ve gotta get out of this place.” And I extended my hand out to her, she grabbed it quickly, and I could finally see her in the small light. She had long brown hair tied in a ponytail, slightly lighter skin-tone than me, blue eyes, and she was wearing a standard military uniform. There was a slight pause when he met eyes to one another, and my heart was beating really fast. It was the same feeling I used to have when I was with Kiari. Could it be? No, it would not be possible. “Um… come on, we gotta go now.” And we darted out of the underground base and making sure she didn’t get harmed by the guns, I carried her to the end.

When we finally got out, I knew her eyes hurt from being in the dark for so long, so I let to stretch out and adjust her eyes. “Thank you so much, Saito… Nobody has ever done something so nice to me.” She said this to me so softly, my heart beat even faster, “Uh… don’t mention it, Kasumi.” I replied and felt kind of embarrassed. She took out something that looked like a flash bomb and sent it to the sky. Within minutes, a helicopter from the Knighthood appeared to take us back home.

After all this action, It’s finally done, my mission succeeded. But, now I just want to be with Kasumi for some reason. I’ve taken off my helmet to finally get some air. Kasumi giggled when she finally seen my face, “Why wear the helmet? You’ve got a really nice looking face under it. Keep it off, for me.” I told her than I will, and made it a promise.

We finally arrived back in Messetsu, Commander Sakazaki gave me the rank-up and I also got the money. But it wasn’t that, in which made me feel so good, it was that I finally found the one who could fill the hole that was cracked in my heart….

TO BE CONTINUED!

I hope you enjoyed the first three chapters of SHOGO, please comment however you like.

Latest posts

Back