P1 glitch?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiken

Reaction score
So I have a Mametchi comic P1 that acts a little odd compared to my other P1 and my P2. I am wondering if this might be a glitch and if anyone else has seen something like this.

Two things stand out in particular. One, it skips the hatch animation for the egg. After the 5 minutes, it chimes and the egg shakes…but it doesn’t show the tama burst out of the egg. It is just a baby without doing that animation at all. This is my second run doing this and this happened both times.

The other thing is how many bites it takes to eat as a teen and adult. All of my other gen 1 tamas take two bites in the teen and adult stage to eat…but this one still takes three bites (as if it was still a child).

Everything else seems to be normal enough from what I can tell, and it doesn’t look like a fake. I ordered it off of amazon as well. It is just odd to me that it is behaving differently than the others. So is this some kind of glitch in the programing that can somehow be fixed with a hard reset (don’t want to do this without knowing it will work because I just don’t have the energy for the baby stage right now) or is the programming just different for some reason?

Anyone else run into this? This, and the other shells I am comparing it to, are all 2018 remakes too.

The instructions for virtual pets (including these, if I remember rightly) usually suggest to press the reset button after un-tabbing it for the first time/after inserting new batteries in order to prevent unintended behaviour. If I had to guess, I'd say that this is one of the reasons why they advise that!

The instructions for virtual pets (including these, if I remember rightly) usually suggest to press the reset button after un-tabbing it for the first time/after inserting new batteries in order to prevent unintended behaviour. If I had to guess, I'd say that this is one of the reasons why they advise that!

That is the only thing I can think of. With my Maskutchi everything else worked as intended. It was just those two minor, yet consistent, “glitches” I mentioned above. I even got the egg at the end for good care.

Given that there doesn’t seem to be anyother issues that might be more serious (all evolution and care programming works as expected), I will probably wait till the end of this current cycle to hard reset. My time is more limited than it was, and I have to use the pause feature while at work so every bit of progress counts…and I don’t want to lose the full day I already got with him this weekend.

The consistency of the two “glitches” just made me wonder if there might be some kind of regional difference in the programing or perhaps depending on the facility they were assembled, and I just ended up with an oddball unit (not flawed, just minor difference). If that were the case however, I would expect at least a few people to have a similar unit as well (which is what made me inquire about it here).

Latest posts

Back