P2 (1997) Tamagotchi Screen Issues

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*mimitchi*

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I have a 1997 P2 Tamagotchi in need of some kind of diagnosis and repair...

I can't remember exactly when I noticed this, but the bottom 1/3 of the screen is completely blank. Because of this, I can't see the bottom row of icons. It is strictly a screen issue, as I can still select and use those icons, I just have had to memorize them so that I would know what I was selecting. The rest of the screen works fine and I can see the top row and the character on the screen.

I have taken apart and repaired Tamagotchis in the past, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I might be able to fix this, let me know. It might just be a connection issue where something inside isn't making a strong enough connection to the screen to display the pixels. I would like to see if anyone has had a similar problem and solution before I open it without knowing exactly what to do.

Here is a picture for reference... I tried to tilt the Tama so that you can clearly see the top 2/3 of the screen is displaying pixels while the bottom 1/3 is blank and the icons do not show.

23766226031_2c5dd4b963_o.jpg

Any help or suggestions is appreciated!

*mimitchi* :mimitchi:

Did you manage to fix it? I had this with an umino, it was just a loose connection and worked fine when i realigned everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back