P2 Rerelease Mimitchi is 26 years old? Does pausing during sleep impact lifespan?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoopScoop

Reaction score
I have paused Mimitchi only in her adult phase and for the following times:
From 9:15 am to 10:15 am one day because I was really tired and wanted to sleep in without harming her
From 8 am to 10 am while taking an exam
From 10 pm to 7 am, I was actually on vacation for 5 days but paused it right after she went to sleep and then set her for 7 the day after I got back
From 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm while I was going on a hike

In total she has had about 5 hours of "awake" time paused. From my understanding, her Max lifespan in the rerelease is 23-24 days. But now I'm wondering if the time I skipped while she was sleeping matters too? I was sure she would pass away yesterday at the 25 day mark, but we are at the morning of day 26 and she's still dancing away. It's stressing me out not having an idea of when she will go. Anyone have any insight? This is my first Tama so I'm very new to all of this!

Pausing might delay the growth/evolution of your tamagotchi. However I’m not really experienced with the rereleases so I’m assuming based on other versions I played with before.

Hopefully someone who knows can confirm it.

I pause my P2 Tama practically every day for school. My Mimitchi is currently fifty years old, so I think it's pretty safe to say that pausing affects growth lol.

Edit: I've also seen cases where Tamas who would normally die at some point during the night after the twenty-fifth year die upon waking up on the twenty-sixth year. So maybe this has something to do with that? In any case, it's not entirely rare for a perfect-care Tama on a "vintage" device to live an extra year, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:
Pausing might delay the growth/evolution of your tamagotchi. However I’m not really experienced with the rereleases so I’m assuming based on other versions I played with before.

Hopefully someone who knows can confirm it.
I figured pausing would push back how long she lives a little bit longer, but now that she's made it to day 26 I'm a little confused since her total pause time has been 15 hours so I would think that would have meant her time would have run out at some point during day 25.

I pause my P2 Tama practically every day for school. My Mimitchi is currently fifty years old, so I think it's pretty safe to say that pausing affects growth lol.
Do you think pausing while your Tama is asleep also impacts growth? I swore I had read somewhere that your Tama only ages during hours that it's awake, but now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. However, if you're pausing it while you're at school and that's while it would normally be awake, it would fit my original thought that pausing during awake hours impacts aging. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I saved 5 hours of lifespan or 15, haha.

Do you think pausing while your Tama is asleep also impacts growth? I swore I had read somewhere that your Tama only ages during hours that it's awake, but now I'm wondering if I'm wrong. However, if you're pausing it while you're at school and that's while it would normally be awake, it would fit my original thought that pausing during awake hours impacts aging. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I saved 5 hours of lifespan or 15, haha.
You might be right about that. I just edited my previous post, saying that some Tamas live an extra day if they'd normally die while asleep. I kind of just figured that they were programmed such that they couldn't die during the night, no matter their age, but maybe they just don't age at all at night. Either way, it might be worth experimenting.

You might be right about that. I just edited my previous post, saying that some Tamas live an extra day if they'd normally die while asleep. I kind of just figured that they were programmed such that they couldn't die during the night, no matter their age, but maybe they just don't age at all at night. Either way, it might be worth experimenting.
I would love to be able to read the code for the P1 and P2 Tamas. I think it would be so interesting to see how they are set up! I might play around with it after Mimitchi finally decides to go, haha.

My understanding of the originals and the re-releases is that they have a set lifespan, and using the clock-set pause trick will ultimately only mess with the number displayed for their age, rather than having any serious impact on growth. :mimitci:

My understanding of the originals and the re-releases is that they have a set lifespan, and using the clock-set pause trick will ultimately only mess with the number displayed for their age, rather than having any serious impact on growth. :mimitci:
I think I read somewhere that Mimitchi is programmed to have like 176 awake hours or something like that, and that explains how pausing/skipping can mess with the age but not how long they live. I just thought that if I had 5 hours of skipped pause time that she would just live those extra 5 hours on day 24 and when she made it to day 25 I was POSITIVE she would run out of time on that day, but now that we are halfway through day 26 I feel like there is a lot more mystery to these things than originally thought. I had done a lot of research, but I still have so many questions haha.

Latest posts

Back