Paint on '90s Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisKris

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
So I've noticed that this P2 I recently got off eBay, purchased new in box, already has paint rubbing off it after about 19 days of use (I've been noticing it for some days now). Not sure if the pictures really show it adequately, but I tried to get a couple photos. Is it typical of '90s Tamagotchis to show paint wear so fast? I had one exactly like this back in the day, but I can't remember if this happened. Of course, this Tama is pretty old now, although it had been preserved unopened in the box until I just bought it.

thumbnail.jpggoldtamapaint1.jpg

I ran my angelgotchi for about two weeks and I’ve noticed some spots around the screen. Even with preservation, the type of paint and plastic they use is not that good and let’s not forget the age plays a huge factor.

Sorry to see it happening. Do you use any hand creams? Outside of something like that I would look at it as being a happy tama which was used and enjoyed.

My only recommendation for the future is to choose tamas with no paint. I prefer the plain plastic ones when possible. That is my strategy anyway.

Sorry to see it happening. Do you use any hand creams? Outside of something like that I would look at it as being a happy tama which was used and enjoyed.

My only recommendation for the future is to choose tamas with no paint. I prefer the plain plastic ones when possible. That is my strategy anyway.
I think you lost me there! They're not all paint on plastic?
As for hand creams, I use plain hand lotion some.

A case is a potential idea if I can find one. Where's a good place to look for classic-sized open-front cases, if those exist? A quick search isn't pulling any up so far.

You can find cases on ebay and japanyouwant.com but they aren’t cheap. They seem popular, but I got a couple and didn’t like using them. Maybe good for storage, but I didn’t like using the tama in the case. Since the paint has already rubbed I say why bother. Get one to try if you think you’ll like it. Never know till you try it yourself. I included a link to one to help you find one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2752176539...vf8Hcz_Szu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Not all are painted like the gold one you have, many are just a colored plastic. I attached a screenshot of P2s from tamashell.com. Most aren’t fully painted except for the gold and silver. I’m not sure about the two-tone red/green or black/orange.

The rest are colored plastic with just a bit of paint for the logo. Some have paint in the cracked egg area around the screen, and some have a bit of shell design paint. The shell design paint can rub off but not quite like the gold you are showing in your photo.

The only ones that have paint on the back are the gold and silver (and maybe the two-tone). Those are gonna rub off a lot.

Attachments

• 3CECA16D-AF8B-41DD-9A18-6354D8E47EC8.jpeg
    3CECA16D-AF8B-41DD-9A18-6354D8E47EC8.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 8
I've found the same with my 90s tamas. So if I'm going out and about I tend to only run the p2 pictured below as there's no paint apart from the word 'tamagotchi'. Plus, I like the fact you can see inside it.
My others (blue p2 and green p1) have also started rubbing away like your 90s device has :(

Attachments

• 20220516_220426.jpg
    20220516_220426.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220516_220432.jpg
    20220516_220432.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2
I've found the same with my 90s tamas. So if I'm going out and about I tend to only run the p2 pictured below as there's no paint apart from the word 'tamagotchi'. Plus, I like the fact you can see inside it.
My others (blue p2 and green p1) have also started rubbing away like your 90s device has :(
I love that shell! It's a 90s one?

Latest posts

Back