PIX / On / Meets Log (Comments OK)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peyj

Reaction score
Hopefully this is okay, I realise now I should have rolled all my Logs in to one rather than starting a new thread each time. I'll label each update with who I'm talking about and this should stop me from cluttering up the forums with my endless logging! o_O

PIX (Gen 4) :furawatch:
Today I rerolled my 33 year old Ginjirotchi. He went off to be a famous singer and I have hatched a Creative/Green Egg who is currently in the Child stage - Chirotichi. I am going to aim for Violetchi, who requires 6+ CM. All afternoon I watched her hunger meter go down, down, down... It is actually so difficult ignoring the beeping when they alert you that they're starving! But I managed it and so I'm +1 intentional CM.

ON (Gen 4) :ichigotchi:
About a week or so ago my ON accidentally reset and I lost about 8 generations, so I'm now up to Gen 4 of the accidental reroll. I started out with Pompomitchi and I haven't been able to shake that hair gene yet. 2 of my 4 generations were twins but I just have the one Tama now and she is 1 Y/O with extreme Pompom hair.

Meets (Gen 1) :chohimetchi:
I got the Meets about a week ago and I messed up setting the time and went to bed while it thought it was the morning... :oops: Needless to say I ended up with HEAPS of CMs overnight and got Kuchipatchi. I was really unhappy with starting my gene pool that way so I hit reset today and I'm aiming for Nijfwatchi (via the 5+ Cream Puffs route, not more CMs!)

I do actually feel a bit like a cheater resetting my Meets like that, but I wouldn't have made that mistake if I wasn't sick IRL, so I decided to give myself a break. One thing I did kind of forget about was losing all my Gotchi points, I think I had about ~12,000. Back to more dolphin/surfing grind.

Hopefully this is okay, I realise now I should have rolled all my Logs in to one rather than starting a new thread each time.
If you'd like them all merged, we can do that for you. :smile2: Just let me know what title you'd like the resultant thread to have, please.

Deliberately getting CMs is hard! She has evolved in to Tororitchi, who requires 4+ CMs, so I'm on the right track, I think. According to the Wiki, it's CMs throughout the Tama's life, and I think I've gone overboard and definitely earned more than 6 CMs in order to get Violetchi!

ON (Gen 4) :ichigotchi:
Bluebell is just about ready to go looking for a Tama to marry. I thought I'd messed up unlocking the areas (specifically Gym/Tama Sports Plaza) by connecting to my Meets, but checking the guide it looks like I'm almost there:
  • Tama Hotel ✅
  • Food Town (Gourmet Street) ✅
  • Tama Farm ✅
  • ?????????? (Toy Park)
  • Gym (Tama Sports Plaza ?) ✅
  • Starry Lab ✅
  • ?????????? (Beauty Salon)
  • ?????????? (Fairy Land)
I know how to unlock Toy Park, Beauty Salon and Fairy Land and then I should be 100% unlocked. :D

MEETS (Gen 1) :chohimetchi:
I've gone crazy and stuffed my poor little Meets Tama with endless cream puffs to ensure I get Nijfwatchi.

ON (Gen 5) :ichigotchi:

❗ New Generation!

Another set of twin girls! Juniper and Jasmine (following with my ON's flora names theme):

1648471227461.png

That brings me to 3 sets of twins out of 5 generations. I'm hoping for some real cuties as Bluebell (Gen 4) ended up really cute and she married a cute Tama from the app:

1648471324873.png

No real updates today - I should find out if my CMs were enough to get Violetchi.

ON (Gen 5) :ichigotchi:
The twins both have outrageous pompom hair, lol. I had high hopes of dropping that gene this round, but no such luck as can be seen below:
1648546820085.png

MEETS (Gen 1) :chohimetchi:
Success! I got Nijfwatchi. Now to head into the app later tonight and very carefully try and choose a partner. Given my luck with the pompom hair, I need to stay well away from any big hairstyles. :ROFLMAO:

OMG. 5 generations in and I still have that pompom hair without a single break. :cautious::cautious:
You'll miss it when you get a bizarre gene-pool washout. ;))

I had high hopes of dropping that gene this round, but no such luck as can be seen below:
Better luck next time! :lol: Still, their names are great, even if their hair isn't! :smile2:

Violetchi has arrived! Let the spoiling begin, to make up for all the neglect getting intentional CMs! So far I have discovered -
  • She absolutely will NOT try the skateboard,
  • Like Ginji, she LOVES the snowman toy,
  • She also LOVES the Flower Seeds toy which I'm really pleased about because it's super cute and fits her whole aesthetic,
  • The Ribbon Headband and Butterfly Pin look amazing on her but neither are her favourite accessory,
  • She loves the Flower Crown, Rainbow Watering Can and the Tama Hat accessories
Update: Violet LOVES the Ham Sandwich (how convenient!)

Last edited:
MEETS (Gen 2) :chohimetchi:
I am really excited about Gen 2! Look how CUTE he is -

1648637080701.png

I named him Pearl as he was originally white, now he's pink with a star and even cuter than before. 🤩🥳 Don't tell the others but Pearl is my favourite. :ROFLMAO:

1648637130948.png

ON (Gen 5):ichigotchi:
Ack, still with the PomPoms - enough already! 🤣
And I also unlocked Fairy Land.
1648637707286.png

Oh my gosh, Pearl is even cuter:
1648692470273.png

Really happy so far, I think he's adorable and I'm already thinking he's going to be too hard to let go of!

Violet is still going well, I can't decide if I'm going to get to Best Pals to get her to stay longer. I am thinking about letting her go at 7 days, because hanging onto Ginji for over 30 days did get a little bit same same at the end.

ON (Gen 6) :ichigotchi:

The third (?) set of Pom Pom twins finally grew up and I married them off quickly. Gen 6 isn't a twin set, so I have a little white solo onion who I have named Orchid. (The baby boys look like little bouncing onions to me).

Before I sent the twins off, I gave them some stylin' 80s headbands:
1648692802860.png

1648815211957.png

Pearl is a fully grown adult now and even cuter. I spent some time on the app looking for a potential marriage partner but nobody caught my eye (I am apparently very fussy about what I introduce to this gene pool! As Pearl is only Gen 2, I have a really small family tree for them, so I guess that's why I want to be so careful what I introduce:

1648815312025.png

1648815437715.png

Orchid isn't fully grown yet, but I GOT RID OF THE POMPOM HAIR! He's pretty cool, definitely introduced a couple of traits I've not had before - namely the wings and the horns/ears. He looks pretty cool but I'm not as attached so I'm probably going to try my luck at marriage tomorrow. (It's kind of addictive!)

1648815541972.png

Violet is 5 now! We are only on Good Buddies and I'm not sure I'll make it to Best Pals, but I'm definitely adopting a 'see what happens' playstyle here, because while I think I eventually want to choose a Tama to keep "forever" on my Pix, I also want to meet everyone before I decide who that will be.

GENERAL
I've been looking for a more elegant/easier way to store my Tamas and also all their gear (rechargeable batteries, screwdriver, battery charger etc.) Would be great to see what everyone else uses if anyone wants to share? I am not really a fan of the crochet style cases I have seen a lot of. They are clever and well made but just not really my style.

Violet will hit 7 years old today and as we haven't reached Best Pals, she will be heading back to her home planet. I really liked having her but I'm also looking forward to seeing who I get next!

MEETS (Gen 3) :chohimetchi:
1648946305060.png
Well, much to my surprise, after I saw Orchid grow up... Pearl wasn't the favourite anymore (how fickle of me). So I decided it was time for Pearl to go and get married. Gen 3 is twin boys, and I'm already unsure about that pretty full on hair/hat scenario they have going on. :ROFLMAO: Continued on with the pearl/mineral/etc name theme too.

1648946438324.png
Holy cow. I did not expect Orchid to look so amazing, and now I can't bring myself to get rid of him. I paired him with the little pin and he just kinda looks like a really cute mini superhero.

1648946494354.png

PIX (Gen 5)
sebiretchi.jpg

I decided to let Violet go (and also I didn't quite make it to Best Pals). I was lucky enough to get a Pink female egg and so I did the whole awful neglecting my Tama thing to rack up 6+ CMs, which meant I got Sebiretchi! She is currently 4 and we are Good Buddies. She loves using the skateboard so I have been absolutely spamming it. Her favourite food is Pancakes & Honey Toast and she loves wearing the Ribbon Headband.

MEETS (Gen 4)
1649416859828.png
This was Azure and Agate all grown up. I really like them and their little lamps but not a huge fan of the hats (?). I kept them for a while but today I decided it was time to get married. Currently, I have a tiny blob with pigtails who I have named Bixby (continuing on my gem/minerals theme and named after Bixbyite). Looking at their cute little faces I kind of regret moving them on. But I find the Meets/On a little bit boring if you're not marrying off.

ON (Gen 7)
Orchid has also moved on. I liked my little superhero, but got a bit bored. I'll post a picture of my new friend (Poppy - continuing with flower/plant theme) in my next update, so far she has kept the flamboyant head/mask and maybe the wings, too, but I'll see tomorrow.

PIX (Gen 5) - Sebiretchi
Sebbi and I are now best pals so she's not going anywhere soon. :cool: I thought it might be helpful for others to document her favourites. This is what I've discovered so far:

Sebiretchi's Favourites
Item/Toy: Skateboard
Accessory: Ribbon Headband
Foods: Honey Pancakes, Shrimp Cocktail
Snacks: Honey Toast

Interestingly, I have tried all the Items/Toys I have, and she hasn't refused or gotten mad about any of them so far. I'll keep researching. 🤓

MEETS (Gen 4)
Oops, my Meets went flat this morning and I've been charging my Eneloop batteries. They take about 10 hours, so, still waiting. Sorry Bixby!

ON (Gen 7)
Oh my, just look at Poppy... LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So awkward but pretty cute.
1649507025478.png

I love Poppy though - what a cutie! I have always been a fan of the penguin-like Tamas anyway, so big surprise there.

I love Poppy though - what a cutie! I have always been a fan of the penguin-like Tamas anyway, so big surprise there.
Honestly, she is pretty cute - but I'm the worst and she's gone already. 🦤

PIX (Gen 5) - Sebbi!
1649674469345.png
Sebbi now lives on a tropical beach in a tent. Camp life! She's 7 today but as we're Best Pals, she's not going anywhere fast. Also, I realised that the Tamas you meet while Exploring are based on the colours the camera picks up! I somehow totally missed that fact and it's really made meeting new Tamas so much easier.

I also discovered that you can swipe to the left to skip straight to the second page of menu options, which is so useful!

MEETS (Gen 5) - Bixby
1649674676980.png
Bixby is finally all grown up after the battery debacle and she is SO CUTE! I can't recall seeing another Tama that looks anything like her, except in her family tree:

1649674786628.png
I'm a little sad I lost the Genie lamp, but really happy to see the weird pearl hat thing is gone (interestingly, she had the hat when she was 1 year old). Bixby is named after Bixbyite:
260px-Bixbyite-160214.jpg

ON (Gen 8) - Quince
1649674986579.png

Quince is named after the fruit/tree:

220px-Quince_flowers.jpg

Attachments

• 1649675149373.png
    1649675149373.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back