Protecting tamagotchi screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
I have collected tamagotchis for years but never thought about protecting the screens... Now I want to and I have some questions.

What sort of screen protector should I buy for my tamagotchis? I want to buy some regular soft screen protectors and then cut them down to size to use on my tamagotchis but I am not sure which make of screen protection to go for. I am worried about using one which ends up actually damaging the screen.

If anyone can suggest or post a link to the specific screen protectors that they use that would be great.

Also, I see people talking about using screen protectors on the colour tamas but is it also ok to use screen protectors on the vintage tamas (P1/P2, angel etc) and the connections? Or could doing so damage them? Can I use the same kind of screen protection on them?

One final thing: how do I clean a tamagotchi screen without scratching it? I need to know this for the modern tamas (meets/mix/idl etc) and for the older ones (P1/P2/connections).

Hello,

these are the ones I used for my ON (Mix and Meets should be the same, not sure about other colour models though):

https://japanyouwant.com/product/new-tamagotchi-meets-mx-crystal-shield-screen-protect-film-x1-pdakobo-japan (I used this one)

https://japanyouwant.com/product/new-tamagotchi-meets-9h-high-hardness-glossy-screen-protect-film-pdakobo-japan

As for other Tamas (i.e. Connections era), on my Akai and Deka I just cut up a spare iPod screen protector, I'd recommend the film type (i.e. bendy, not these 9H glass ones) for an easier time cutting it up, so confirm with the seller before buying it. I plan on doing the same thing with my V4 and Music Star since their screen shape is very similar to the Akai and it didn't pose too much of an issue to apply properly (still took a few good attempts though to get it satisfactory with very few bubbles on one of the sides).

For vintage Tamas. . . I'm stuck, and would appreciate it if someone else could pitch in. For the life of me, I tried for ALMOST 2 HOURS to get one to stick properly on my Osu and Mesu, and I just couldn't get it done right without getting any bubbles in there due to the screen being a bit curved from all sides.

As for cleaning the screens, I use a PC screen cleaner with a Microfiber cloth (https://www.scan.co.uk/products/antec-3x-strength-screen-cleaner-spray-240ml-plus-60ml-home-travel-pack-non-drip-anti-bacterial-with) but unfortunately, this still scratches the screen a bit sometimes 😢 I'd suggest being VERY gentle, even if the microfiber cloth is damp with the cleaner on it.

I'm planning to use Polywatch or Displex at some point to buff out any scratches. Heard good things about these products but never used them personally.

Latest posts

Back