Quest to obtain all P1 and P2 Adult Tama characters…(comments OK)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiken

Reaction score
As I have mentioned before, I am going to be creating more focused logs for each seperate goal moving forward. One of my original goals was to aquire every Adult Tama from the original P1 and P2 (using rerelease models) in one form or another. So far, I can scratch two off that list. First off, we have Mametchi…

C8CE02B3-20C2-4376-9633-8027718CFC1C.jpeg

He was a great one to start out with, and one of my favorites. He died at a young age (by Mametchi standards) of 18 due to bad timing at work keeping me away from him for over two hours during his senior years. RIP buddy, we had good times.

Next we have Maskutchi…

FD4C9570-1625-4D32-839E-6B69AD67228C.jpeg

This guy is currently 19 and is going strong at the time of posting this. Sadly we did not get Bill due to one or two missed discipline calls that may have eluded me, but Maskutchi has been great. Luckily his senior years are going better than Mametchi’s.

Soon I will have an update for my P2, which is on track to he Mimitchi as well. I will add her to the list as soon as we get her!

Last edited:
Today we have achieved Mimitchi on the P2! Say hello to our latest goal met.

8DEA498B-7A1F-4E61-8A24-22E4193DB127.jpeg

I believe believe I have ever had Mimitchi on a vintage Tama before, so this is a first. She matches the shell perfectly!

Now I can take it easy for a while, without the need to listen for discipline calls. Next update when Maskutchi passes and I decide which P1 Tama I go for next.

After a break, I have resumed my quest with my P1 and P2 being ran together. Unfortunately while going for Ginjerotchi, I must have landed a second discipline mistake somewhere because I ended up with Maskutchi again. And since I was actively scolding him when needed (trying to only miss one), Bill might be out of the picture. But this is a re-release and I heard that ANY Maskutchi can become Bill with this model…but I am not sure if that is part of the wealth of misinformation about these models out there. Worth a shot though I guess.

However I DID however get Pochitchi on my P2!

C51617FD-FCB9-45F0-AF7D-8266B075B0B8.jpeg

So at least I can cross that one off the list lol. My next few runs I will probably go after the ducks next. I need a break from Maskutchi and don’t want to risk getting him again for the 3rd time in a row if I mess up Ginjirotchi again. 😅

So time for a surprise entry and a bit of a PSA regarding the P1 and P2 rereleases in regards to the secret characters!

So as I mentioned before, I was aiming for Ginjirotchi but ended up getting one extra discipline miss by mistake…and got Maskutchi instead for the second time in a row. Now all the guides and people I talked to say that in order to get Bill, you have to get Maskutchi without disciplining him at all until adulthood and maintain perfect discipline from that point onwards (even on the rerelease). So needless to say, I felt this was an empty run as far as the goal goes because I disciplined the crap put of this guy as a kid and teen.

But I heard a rumor from a single obscure source that claimed that the rereleases allow you to get Bill from ANY Maskutchi as long as you hit all discipline calls as an adult…so having nothing to lose I decided to try it without expecting much…buuuuuttttt…low and behold…

D222D6E9-BF9A-408A-A519-AC5EAF210B2D.jpeg

We can now cross Bill off the list, and I don’t need to (purposely) go for Maskutchi again for this quest. I have preached that the P1 and P2s have a lot of misinformation in the guides out there for a while…but this was one piece of info I did not expect to disprove. As I investigated and tested the conflicting information however, we have a perfect example of why I question everything till I see it myself regardless of how widely accepted the information might be.

Anyway the long and short of it is that as far as the rereleases are concerned, you can get the secret characters with Maskutchi (or Zuccitchi) achieved from either a type 1 or type 2 teen…the only thing that matters is perfect discipline as an adult. All in all, this run turned out to be anything but empty, with a bit of myth busting on the side.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back