Rechargeable battery for tamagotchi Meets / ON

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyphy

Reaction score
I am new here. Any tama users use rechargeable AAA battery for your tamagotchi ON or meets?  

I did and will be when I use it again next- the same nickel-metal hydride rechargables are currently in my Pix. The batteries around 10 years old, but still hold up a pretty good charge despite not being name brand.  Rechargables with those Tamas are essentially a necessity, IMO. It'll save a lot of money and when they die after ~a week of runtime, charge em up overnight and in the morning resume play.

(人 •͈ᴗ•͈)

Edit: as I elaborated in a lower comment, they're apparently from harbor freight. My radioshack batteries must have long since dissapeared and since it's not something I really think about, I just charge and use, I just don't remember buying these 😂)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a Meets/On, but I do use rechargeable AAA batteries in my Pix. I use Panasonic Eneloop Pros, and they can run the Pix for about a week of non-intense play. I bet they'd run even longer on a Meets/On!

The one drawback (besides the slightly higher price) is that they take 6 hours to fully charge. Luckily, they're sold in sets of 4, so you can charge one set while the other is running your Tama. Highly recommended.

I don't have a Meets/On, but I do use rechargeable AAA batteries in my Pix. I use Panasonic Eneloop Pros, and they can run the Pix for about a week of non-intense play. I bet they'd run even longer on a Meets/On!

The one drawback (besides the slightly higher price) is that they take 6 hours to fully charge. Luckily, they're sold in sets of 4, so you can charge one set while the other is running your Tama. Highly recommended.
Actually, looking them up now, I may have bought them more recently than I thought. I could have sworn I bought them at radioshack way back when they were going out of business, but when I looked them up they came up on the Harbor Freight website- I probably impulsively added them to my basket when tool shopping and promptly forgot about it. Even so, they're still rather affordable. Mine are still at least a few years old as the batteries and the ones on the HF site have a different casing than mine. 

Here's the link but if you live near a harbor freight, they're a pretty good deal. I still use the Energizer charger I bought ages ago, however. Model: CHVCM

https://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of-4-high-capacity-nimh-rechargeable-aaa-batteries-97861.html

As for the length of time to charge, yeah, it's a bit of a bummer, and I'm too cheap to splurge on another set of AAAs(2 in the remote, 2 in the tama, lol) so I just see it as taking the rest of the day off from tama parenting and recharge them overnight.  :lol:

Latest posts

Back