Reeds for Instruments

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kk445

Reaction score
Okay. I play a clarinet. Anyone who uses a reeded instrument knows the new reed taste is weird. I found flavored reeds on https://www.flavoreeds.com/ . My question is, are they "Cheap" ? Because I would not want something that breaks every other day.

Thanks =]

Um.. As you know, I don't play a reed instrument... But I would speak to your music director, but I wouldn't buy them... I wonder if they will get mold easily on them? (Not saying you get mold on your reeds)

Just to be on the safe side, have a combo of regular, no taste reeds, in case if all of the flavored reeds break.. I always keep a extra mouthpiece, because I'm sometimes better on the other one. And i'm not trying to be silly, but what if they don't taste like you thought they would? Like I thought Cherry medicine would taste like cherries, but no.

Ask your teacher, ask your local Music Center if you can try one...

Good luck,

RT

PS:I tried looking for Scented slide oil, but I would probably get addicted to the scent...

They also make scented Valve and Key oil..

Last edited by a moderator:
I use cork greese. I have alot of reqular reeds, so thats not problem

I might buy one to try it, since they only come 2 in a pack for 3.50

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]I would try it. [/SIZE]

But, as I said, sometimes we see something that has a flavor and we all go "Ohh~ I want to try that!" and when we try it, its gross. =D

I wish they made flavored mouthpieces! xD I would so use it...

I think they make flavored mouthpiece sanitizer! >w< I think my band director has mint kind. OwO

*Looks for flavored mouthpiece sanitizer*

I love the taste of normal reeds :blink: I've used a flavored one before and it was okay. It lasted about as long as a normal one.

I love the taste of normal reeds  ;) I've used a flavored one before and it was okay. It lasted about as long as a normal one.
[SIZE=14pt]I wish they made flavored mouthpieces... :F[/SIZE]

But if you didn't clean your mouthpieces....It would smell BAD. (I believe mold can grow in a brass mouthpiece...O___O)

But it would be even nicer if they made scented mouthpieces..You wouldn't have to smell metal... =D

I thought the flavored reeds would taste bad because, its cane(Right? Or am I thinking Oboe reeds?) and a cherry/orange flavor... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back